Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Car hit at gas station

Car hit at gas station

Some guy backed right into my driver door at the gas station. I was so pissed
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

It won't buff out?

I got his insurance info. He backed right into me without looking. I was waiting for a gas pump to open up

Fortunately the door trim appears ok but the door is dented

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Some guy backed right into my driver door at the gas station. I was so pissed

That really sucks !! Sorry to hear about the damage to your MM. Should we send flowers to the Dipshit's Widow ??
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 09-19-2015 at 05:20 AM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

^^^^Someone's feeling their oats this morning. LOL I'll chip in!!

Seriously, really sorry to hear! Yesterday I drove my SB to work for the first time in years, rush hour traffic and all. I held my breath the whole time. I had to stop for gas and was even stressed out that the guy wasn't pumping 93 octane like I told him....and made him repeat....twice. Actually got out of the car to make sure.
    ~Ms. D

I think I'm going to cancel my Progressive. What other companies do you all suggest? I got a letter from them that said the accident fell under my deductible so I have to pay for the repairs. I thought since the guy backed into my stopped car (that he should have used his rearview mirror before backing out, you think yes?) that I shouldn't have to pay anything, no?

Someone threw a rock at my car. 1150 to repair. I feel your pain.
    392 Challenger YELLOW JACKET
    12.28@114 stock

I think I'm going to cancel my Progressive. What other companies do you all suggest? I got a letter from them that said the accident fell under my deductible so I have to pay for the repairs. I thought since the guy backed into my stopped car (that he should have used his rearview mirror before backing out, you think yes?) that I shouldn't have to pay anything, no?

Was he not given a ticket?

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Was he not given a ticket?

Builder Of Badassery
    Hardly seemed like big enough of a deal to get the police involved. I just don't see how he was anything other than 100% at fault.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 88LTDCV351; 10-25-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Hardly seemed like big enough of a deal to get the police involved. I just don't see how he was anything other than 100% at fault.

Oh man. I bet that's why they're pulling the deductible card.. No official who's at fault document. I'd still try and fight that!

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I have had USAA for more than 40 years and consider them to be an excellent company. They are always rated at the top of the insurance industry. Membership is limited to military, dependents, and affiliated individuals.

Technically you are responsible for any damage that comes in under your deductible ... That's how it works. Your insurance company may go after the "at fault" driver to recover costs but generally the deductible is not really worth all the effort especially if there are complex insurance issues involved.

When my 2012 Taurus SHO was rear ended by a dump truck about 2 years ago, USAA paid the bill including 3 weeks for a rental car. They tried for almost a year to recover my deductible. The dump truck was registered in Tennessee and was being leased to a company in Virginia. The guy driving was doing a favor in moving the truck to the job site and was not employed by either the truck owner or the leasing company. The insurance situation was very complex, I am sure. My car was just one of 8 cars wrecked in this chain reaction event. There was NO question of who was at fault. I still ended up eating my deductible. At some point, insurance companies just give up because they are trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

You should contact and attempt to make a claim directly with his ins company...
    03 300A Build Date 08/02
    Trilogy #151

BE VERY CLEAR WITH THEM THAT YOUR KEYS WERE NOT IN THE IGNITION, AND YOU WERE STANDING OUTSIDE THE CAR.

IT SHOULD FULLY FALL ONTO HIS INSURANCE. WHAT ARE THE ODDS YOU BOTH HAVE THE SAME INSURANCE COMPANY? Either way go up a level to your insurance company's management and demand his company pay all repairs.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

ALways.. Always... ALWAYS get a police report..... Always!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information