Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Car hit at gas station

Quote Originally Posted by sailsmen View Post
    I believe in most states they have to make an offer within 60 days of proof of loss being filed.
    And I was talking about closing out the issue, finalizing it, and making final payment. Statute was to protect the smaller individual from the large company simply delaying and delaying and delaying.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    And I was talking about closing out the issue, finalizing it, and making final payment. Statute was to protect the smaller individual from the large company simply delaying and delaying and delaying.
    Anything is possible but in all the States I am familiar with they only have to make an offer within 60 days of filing proof of loss. Seeing how it takes both parties to agree I don't see how what you are saying makes any sense, but not all laws do.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

I received the check from the insurance company. The estimate was quite a bit higher than Service King. I decided to go to a closer body shop since Service King said they were booked up for months. The estimate is higher probably because this closer body shop wants to paint and blend in with the rest of the car? Anyway, glad at least I'm not paying for this.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Good news. Hope you are happy with the end result.
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

I feel like the door is striking a little higher than it should causing me to have to slam the door a little harder to close completely every time. How do I adjust it?

1961, I got bit by the drag racing bug, so I decided to sell my 1957 Olds 98 convert and buy my friend's 57 BelAir 283/220 three speed Hurst.

While bringing the Olds down to Hoboken, NJ, to meet a potential buyer, I pull into a gas station to use the bathroom.

Some a**hole pulls in for gas, gets out of the car while it's running and in gear, and his car wipes out my quarter panel.

I wound up selling the car at a reduced rate to the used car lot where I originally bought it.

The Olds was a pretty car. I bought it when I was a helper in a body shop. My buddies repainted it from white to 1962 GM Honduras Maroon.

Cost: half a week's take home pay, or $25 (for paint).

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    I feel like the door is striking a little higher than it should causing me to have to slam the door a little harder to close completely every time. How do I adjust it?
    This can be adjusted by you, trial and error, loosen stricker and play with it until satisfied.

Like Vegas said play with the striker and you may be just fine but I'll add this. If the door came off the car to fix it I usually make my door adjustments with the striker off the car and then add that when everything else is satisfactory. they may not have done that to begin with and the adjustment will not be right otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

these work great for light tweaking without having to loosen everything to get the door where you want it and then you adjust the striker to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by djcrook73 View Post
    If the door came off the car to fix...
    Well, they were going to order me a new door but they said it was on backorder so they got one from the junkyard and saved me some money. The only thing I don't like about it is that they just glued my door car info sticker on top of the previous one.

Well, they were going to order me a new door but they said it was on backorder so they got one from the junkyard and saved me some money. The only thing I don't like about it is that they just glued my door car info sticker on top of the previous one.
    I'm actually surprised new doors are still available for these. As far as the information sticker goes sometimes the dealer can produce a new one for you but I think it's a two-week wait. So unfortunately that was probably the only option to get it done. But agreed that it doesn't look great when it's done that way. I live in an apartment complex and the one night I couldn't find a parking space I parked it in front of the building and of course it got sideswiped by some unknown person which I found out in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by djcrook73 View Post
    I'm actually surprised new doors are still available for these. As far as the information sticker goes sometimes the dealer can produce a new one for you but I think it's a two-week wait.
    Still quite a few doors available out there according to the obsolete parts web sites. Some of them at stealerships. But I assume Ford nationally is on backorder (or at least according to my body shop).

Just trying to figure out the part number if I want to eventually get a better, newer, stronger door like six million dollar man (jk).

So I noticed on the used door, it has this sticker on the lower bottom edge. Did the Marauder have a similiar sticker?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like the VIN from a 2008 CV LX (2FAFP74V08X1). I guess they put those stickers everywhere.
    Former owner of a 2004 DTR MM

I've noticed this number also on the window. Can that come off? I don't remember that being there on my original window so they must have went with the window from the Crown Vic donor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information