Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Resurrection

Marauder Resurrection

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this but please don't black ball me I will be happy if it needs to be moved.
    I just recently purchased and '03 merc that has seen it last days on the highways due to a ditch running out in front of it. I plan on putting the motor,tranny and the front suspension under a '67 short box f100. My question I have is for all you old fellers like me. While I have this motor out what would you suggest I need to inspect and maybe change or update while it is accessible. I believe the water pump may be leaking so that looks like something I will be changing. Car has 111,000 miles.
    I appreciate all comments and suggestions. It will be months down the road before the install so anything you can think of that I may need to care of now will be nice.
    By the way I have spent many hours on this site and man there is a lot to read...great job guys...

Quote Originally Posted by golfmiser View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this but please don't black ball me I will be happy if it needs to be moved.
    I just recently purchased and '03 merc that has seen it last days on the highways due to a ditch running out in front of it. I plan on putting the motor,tranny and the front suspension under a '67 short box f100. My question I have is for all you old fellers like me. While I have this motor out what would you suggest I need to inspect and maybe change or update while it is accessible. I believe the water pump may be leaking so that looks like something I will be changing. Car has 111,000 miles.
    I appreciate all comments and suggestions. It will be months down the road before the install so anything you can think of that I may need to care of now will be nice.
    By the way I have spent many hours on this site and man there is a lot to read...great job guys...
    Somethings off the top of my head............

• Install the rear cooling mod, available from Zack (member here) or other vendors offsite.
    • Replace the oil filter adapter gasket.
    • Install the EMP/Stewart water pump
    • Install the Reisch Performance 170degree thermostat.
    • Check the coolant crossover tube, may have to replace the o-rings.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Great project!

If you need the truck tuned when your project is complete, let me know. My shop is in Georgia.

Appreciate that offer. I am pretty sure it will need that. I want to get it tweeked to get the most I can out of it and still be a driver.
    I was just close to your neighborhood Saturday. I had to go to Douglas Ga.
    I have your name written done in my notebook.
    Thanks Again

Timing chains and guides!!!! Do it while the motor is out and easy to disassemble.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Anything you want to powdercoat or chrome etc.

Oil pan gasket? new oil pan perhaps?

***** (very hard) to change once engine is installed.
    2021 F150 XLT Super Crew short bed - no chrome! - 3.5 Ecoboost 400hp/500tq - 36 Gal tank (600 miles) - 4x4 FX4 Offroad + Max Tow - 3.55 Locker - 10 Speed - Pro Power 2kva - 24mpg @ 80 Ford is still the best.
    03 300A - Number 1727
    - Super Touring - 10k in the best upgrades - 13.8@99 N/A - SOLD
    - STAP was so much fun, loved meeting you all and racing.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    Timing chains and guides!!!! Do it while the motor is out and easy to disassemble.
    This^^ !

Get the complete kit from Ford Racing. The OEM plastic hydraulic tensioner that bolts to the engine block is a notorious weak link. It fails by leaking oil past the O-ring seal to the engine block and failing to tension the primary chain, which then beats itself and other valvetrain parts.

The replacement kit has iron tensioners without an O-ring and should last the life of the engine. The original cam timing setup could have lasted the life of the engine, but they cheaped out with plastic.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

+1 rear head cooling mod
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

You might want to read the thread from marauder truck guy ????????? Charlie where are you ?????

He put a MM under an old Ford truck. Don't remember the year etc?

Wow. Best of both worlds man, great front suspension and great motor.

Watched gas monkey guys do the Crown Vic front end on one of their project trucks, looked fairly easy, but much cheaper than heidts setup

I guess when you tackle the front suspension on the truck, your probably going to lower it some. I'd put air ride on the front and rear
    Maybe someone can post the part number for the special bolts your going to need to get the front end aligned

Got any pics? You going with a explorer rear axle or 9 inch?

Cool old trucks, love the short bed 68 69. Just like KCs truck on gas monkey garage
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Rubberctyrauder what is the rear head cooling mod?
    Yes I'm in the process of installing 8.8 rear on air bags with a 4-link suspension.
    Appreciate all the comments, keep them coming...

Rubberctyrauder what is the rear head cooling mod?
    Yes I'm in the process of installing 8.8 rear on air bags with a 4-link suspension.
    Appreciate all the comments, keep them coming...
    Keeps the rear cylinders from overheating, allows coolant to flow through

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...highlight=Head
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

sounds like an awesome project, I love restomod types of projects, cannot wait to see more posts as you go! that will be a kick ass truck for sure! If you do not mind me asking, would you have any leftover parts from the mm to sell when you are finished? I need a few things for mine to clean it up a little if you had anything available. thanks, dave in ri

To be honest there's not much left. The interior is pretty much gone.
    The body is banged up. Shoot me a pm and I can let you know tomorrow.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information