Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hand Held Tuners

I must say, you took the long way home.

Marty, i bought a silver birch back in feb, it has a xcal 3 tuner. I was wondering if it has one of your tunes in it.

If i plug in the tuner, is there a definitive file name for a marty tune?

Just wondering what tune is in the car.

Thanks
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    I bit the bullet today. Ordered a refurbished HP laptop from Walmart preloaded with Windows 10, dedicated to handle the vendor (MartyO) tunes and tuning/diagnostic programs that require Windows. Supposed to be ready for pickup friday.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Certified...orage/55358398

The SCT X4 device requires Windows to handle anything coming from outside of SCT. If you activate the WiFi function and log it onto an available network, the device will automatically ‘call home’ for firmware updates and ‘canned tune’ updates. A Windows computer running Vista or above is required to load custom tunes into the device.

I'm using Oracle VM Virtual Box on my Macbook Pro to run Windows 10. It's a little slow because my MBP is a few years old, but it's good enough to run SCT's software on it.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully008 View Post
    I'm using Oracle VM Virtual Box on my Macbook Pro to run Windows 10. It's a little slow because my MBP is a few years old, but it's good enough to run SCT's software on it.

I’d rather partition the HD as I don’t need to run both OS at the same time.

I have roughly 80GB available each on both machines and Boot Camp stated I needed at least 40GB for the install. Started install and message stated I didn’t have enough space for the install. I’d rather keep Windows and Mac on separate machines anyway.

This will be my first ownership experience with a windows machine. The one I ordered is pretty much ‘bare bones’ as I feel that will be all I need for what I’ll put on it.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Fair enough. I have a 500gb and a 1tb drive in my laptop. I'm not hurting for space, lol. Best of luck with your Marauder!
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    Marty, i bought a silver birch back in feb, it has a xcal 3 tuner. I was wondering if it has one of your tunes in it.

If i plug in the tuner, is there a definitive file name for a marty tune?

Just wondering what tune is in the car.

Thanks
    Show me the file names.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Show me the file names.

Show us yours first big boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Show us yours first big boy.
    Don’t act like I haven’t.

Update:

Finally finished installing the CAI today - good experience. Underwhelmed by the canned tune from SCI - it did give many options for manually setting spark, fuel, shift points, etc. I left them all alone except for the axle ratio and selected 3:55 over 'default'.

Took all day yesterday to set up my new Windows 'wunderbox'; a 14" HP 'Stream'. Finally achieved all available updates with the exception of the core Windows 10 update from v.1511 to v.1803. HP chat room advised that I use a 16GB USB 'Firestick' as HP recommends instead of the 250GB USB HDD external drive I have plugged up to it at the moment.

The internal 32GB SSD means most memory is on 'the cloud' with the exception of OS updates. My first personal experience with a windows machine - seems to be working well otherwise. Have only downloaded the SCT program to the Stream at the moment.

Phoning MartyO tomorrow during business hours to request a tune and other Marauder information.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Lol, you guys have no clue who Decipha is. It's ok, if you guys are for canned tunes or dyno tunes, SCT is fine. If you want to tune your own, Moates Quarterhorse is the way to go. I've been using the SCT PRP for years custom tuning and I'm switching over in a couple weeks here.

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    SCT is pretty archaic when it comes to tuning the EEC-Vs. The most advanced and most supported hardware and software for the 03/04 Marauders specifically is the Moates Quarterhorse with TunerPro RT.

You can do realtime tuning meaning you write tunes and make changes WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING. If your ballsy enough you can even make tune changes while at WOT if you have someone with you to not crash the car lol.

And the datalogging is 1000x faster and easier with ALOT more info than SCT can ever dream of.

And with the QH you have full binary access to the tune which means you can change output pin configurations and what not if you know how to write patches.

Also, with sct it takes about a min and 45 sec to write a tune. With the QH it takes about 8 seconds to write a full tune. Only 1/8th of a second to write a maf transfer change or spark adjustment etc whilw the engines running.

The custom tuning software is free TunerPro RT and the RZASA xdf file for the 03/04 Marauder.

details... http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm

Quote Originally Posted by justgod View Post
    If you want to tune your own, Moates Quarterhorse is the way to go. I've been using the SCT PRP for years custom tuning and I'm switching over in a couple weeks here.

All of that is well beyond my current understanding/skill level. Read where people tinkered with their tuning and the car wouldn't start and had to be towed in extreme cases.

Spoke with MartyO by phone a short while ago to purchase one of his custom tunes. He was busy and stated he would phone me back at some point.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Lol, I clearly stated if you want to tune your own. If you don't know how to custom tune a car... If you don't know how to do the brakes on your car... Let the pros do it

I'll let the PRO / MartyO tune mine......
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    I'll let the PRO / MartyO tune mine......

Same here. He must be pretty busy today. He appears to operate a 'full service' shop?
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Mo's is closed mondays
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information