Page 616 of 623 FirstFirst ... 116516566606609610611612613614615616617618619620621622623 LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 9338

Thread: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    Use a heat gun to soften the tape and adhesive it it'll come off successfully.
    Yeah, don't have one of those...I just have the basic tools. Plus, I'm the type that finds a way to break stuff. I have used a heat gun before...was attempting to dry out the inside of my headlamp after fixing the cracks where water water was leaking in. Managed to warp the plastic; I have Russ (03mmmonroe) as a witness because this happened at his place 7-8 years ago.

Here's the pics. 1st one is leftmost hole...bolt spotted. 2nd one is the next hole...no bolt. 3rd one is the next hole...no bolt. The remaining 3 holes are the same; bolt on outermost hole, no bolts on the other 2.

Edit: ok, so the pics came up reversed from how I attached them...so reverse the order...lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can also use fishing line and "saw" thru the sticky tape. Then use a 3M magic eraser wheel to get the remaining tape off. Finally, clean the surface with acetone. Don't worry, the acetone will not harm your paint.

https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Remo...21021261&psc=1
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    You can also use fishing line and "saw" thru the sticky tape. Then use a 3M magic eraser wheel to get the remaining tape off. Finally, clean the surface with acetone. Don't worry, the acetone will not harm your paint.

https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Remo...21021261&psc=1
    Appreciate your help, but I don't fish so would have to go buy some line. I was thinking the spoiler was just bolted on and that I could take it off/re-install easily. Now that I see it's got adhesive tape I'll just let the paint shop deal with it when I bring my car there to have the bumper repaint job done. If they mess it up then they'll be responsible and have the ability to fix; if I mess it up I'll be responsible and will have to pay someone else to have it fixed...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    Yeah, don't have one of those...I just have the basic tools. Plus, I'm the type that finds a way to break stuff. I have used a heat gun before...was attempting to dry out the inside of my headlamp after fixing the cracks where water water was leaking in. Managed to warp the plastic; I have Russ (03mmmonroe) as a witness because this happened at his place 7-8 years ago.
    Hair drier works in a pinch.

F250 day today. 15 minutes to install new V-Leds headlights (Sweet!). 2.5 hours doing deep clean & conditioning of leather seats. Picture doesn't do justice to the before/after...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

Blew up the diff again. Two diffs in 7 months / 880 miles. Maybe a new record??

This rear REALLY doesn’t appreciate clutch drops, power, and the chubby car it’s expected to push!

Last one was Ford Racing and lasted a good few years before I exploded the spiders. This one was a Yukon dura grip that seemed pretty impressive until heading home today. No clue what gave out, one nasty audible pop and neutral city. Even put it in 1st and got out to witness a spinning driveshaft. No crunching sounds like when I shear the teeth of the 4.30’s, not violent left to right body movement like when the spiders binded up and shattered, just a single bang.

Towed home, put away, will open it up someday this year or next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

This rear REALLY doesn’t appreciate clutch drops, power, and the chubby car it’s expected to push!

Last one was Ford Racing and lasted a good few years before I exploded the spiders. This one was a Yukon dura grip that seemed pretty impressive until heading home today. No clue what gave out, one nasty audible pop and neutral city. Even put it in 1st and got out to witness a spinning driveshaft. No crunching sounds like when I shear the teeth of the 4.30’s, not violent left to right body movement like when the spiders binded up and shattered, just a single bang.

Dang!
    That sucks....sorry to hear about the mechanical maladies.
    I agree with you;
    An 8.8 is marginal at best in a powerful, heavy, stick shift car....
    Sticky rubber too?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

It's obvious that you don't know how to drive or take care of your MM. You need to give it to me...

Wow, the "reply with quote" function really MALfunctioned on my last post...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    Dang!
    That sucks....sorry to hear about the mechanical maladies.
    I agree with you;
    An 8.8 is marginal at best in a powerful, heavy, stick shift car....
    Sticky rubber too?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Nope! Actually I was rolling at around 40. But they are brand new Nitto 421Q’s and as they spin just enough to squeal, the car absolutely plants you into the seats. 1st gear is a complete waste at any speed so I never bother even trying, just immediate shredding and rev limiter. 2nd and up pedaling after 3,500 each gear is such an adrenaline rush!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post

It's obvious that you know how to drive and I’m really proud you’re never afraid to do free in house non biased independent testing of aftermarket equipment for all of us to read and learn from and gain first hand experience and all the meanwhile taking the upmost, over the top care of your pristine MM. You need to sell it to me for nothing less than $20,000.

Yeah Kyle I see you are definitely having some issues. Hopefully this fix I did helps Bud.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Recently changed the transmission fluid and gear oil.

Kevin @ Pantherlights got my set of custom projector headlights done. I hope to get them installed by Sunday since they're coming in this Saturday. Very excited for some real bright headlights out of this car.
    2003 300B Mercury Marauder
    Built 01/22/03
    Purchased 01/29/20
    68,xxx miles

July 12, 2023 - 68,203 Miles - RIP original engine

October 31, 2023 - Rebuilt engine installed

Modifications/Stuff I have done on the car:
    Engine:
    rebuilt stock; slightly overbore. Original 68k mile heads, new OEM Ford performance timing kit, Terminator Cobra Oil Pump, Billet Steel oil pump gears, ARP head studs, main cap studs, and side bolts. The latter ARP stuff for future endeavors.
    Transmission:
    Thor 2800-3000 Stall Converter
    Suspension:
    ADTR Front + Rear Sway Bars
    Metco Billet Watts Link
    Metco Billet Rear Control Arms
    Cosmetic:
    1998-2003 Amber tail lamp conversion - Painted and smoked to near-OEM spec.
    HID Projector Headlamp Retrofit
    OEM Mercury Mountaineer Hitch Cover
    Front in-channel rain guards
    Other Stuff:
    4-pin trailer harness
    Class III Tow Hitch
    Cadillac 4-note horns
    Hayden 679 Transmission Cooler
    Obligatory Marty Tune

Quote Originally Posted by baloneyhomie View Post
    Recently changed the transmission fluid and gear oil.

Kevin @ Pantherlights got my set of custom projector headlights done. I hope to get them installed by Sunday since they're coming in this Saturday. Very excited for some real bright headlights out of this car.
    i love mine! I need to do a bit more aiming, but the cutoff is S H A R P !!! You'll love them, I do!!!
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Peace2Peep View Post
    i love mine! I need to do a bit more aiming, but the cutoff is S H A R P !!! You'll love them, I do!!!
    PM sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Peace2Peep View Post
    Time just keeps dragging on now that they're actually on the way! I decided to go for the top tier Morimoto kit without any bells and whistles. I really like the classy look of panthers in general so it was a no-brainer to go for a clean, OEM look.

I'm planning on driving this car up the East Coast to visit family this summer so I'm very very glad Kevin managed to get them finished beforehand so I'll have a safer journey north. The price was steep, but I really do think they'll be worth the cost!
    2003 300B Mercury Marauder
    Built 01/22/03
    Purchased 01/29/20
    68,xxx miles

July 12, 2023 - 68,203 Miles - RIP original engine

October 31, 2023 - Rebuilt engine installed

Modifications/Stuff I have done on the car:
    Engine:
    rebuilt stock; slightly overbore. Original 68k mile heads, new OEM Ford performance timing kit, Terminator Cobra Oil Pump, Billet Steel oil pump gears, ARP head studs, main cap studs, and side bolts. The latter ARP stuff for future endeavors.
    Transmission:
    Thor 2800-3000 Stall Converter
    Suspension:
    ADTR Front + Rear Sway Bars
    Metco Billet Watts Link
    Metco Billet Rear Control Arms
    Cosmetic:
    1998-2003 Amber tail lamp conversion - Painted and smoked to near-OEM spec.
    HID Projector Headlamp Retrofit
    OEM Mercury Mountaineer Hitch Cover
    Front in-channel rain guards
    Other Stuff:
    4-pin trailer harness
    Class III Tow Hitch
    Cadillac 4-note horns
    Hayden 679 Transmission Cooler
    Obligatory Marty Tune

Page 616 of 623 FirstFirst ... 116516566606609610611612613614615616617618619620621622623 LastLast

Thread Information