MercuryMarauder.net Forums    

Go Back   MercuryMarauder.net Forums > The Garage > Shop Talk

Shop Talk Visit Shop Talk for all your general technical discussions regarding the Marauder!

Old 06-13-2018, 07:07 PM

Trader: (0)
I bet my oil pan has a punch of plastic and some metal shavings in it. I saw a black 2011 Crown Victoria LX for sale that has the Police Interceptor badge on back. But leather sets front and back. I think it has the police engine and tranny with better suspension then regular crown vic. Less millage 80 thousand
might be worth looking at. Not as nice as a Marauder. But still good. Rather have that then a Camry or Accord SOOO BORING THOSE CARS
Old 06-13-2018, 08:07 PM
Sick-Speed play toy

Trader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinker View Post
I had the same problem on my 03 with 109000 miles Passenger side tensioner was toast. Replaced primary tensioners and chains in the car. Drove it last summer but had a ticking noise that was annoying so decided to pull engine to see if noise was a lash adjuster or valve guides. Lash adjusters were all hard as a rock but exhaust guides seemed loose. Engine still out and heads are off. Was amazed at the condition of the cylinder bores. No ridge and can still see the cross hatch pattern. Bottom line is some broken plastic pieces from the chain guides were inside the oil pickup tube blocking oil flow and I would not have found them without pulling the oil pan

My boys Ranger sometimes gets a little gunk in his screen. Pan removal is almost 1 1/2 hours if you’ve done it before.. So I went ahead and drilled and tapped a 1/2” I.P. hole directly below the screen. Now it’s a matter of backing out the plug (an axle fill plug) and sending in a micro vacuum cleaner attachment about 3/4” straight up, suck it clean, reinstall plug. WIN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:36 PM
Weißbirke Plünderer

Trader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prg333 View Post
I bet my oil pan has a punch of plastic and some metal shavings in it. I saw a black 2011 Crown Victoria LX for sale that has the Police Interceptor badge on back. But leather sets front and back. I think it has the police engine and tranny with better suspension then regular crown vic. Less millage 80 thousand
might be worth looking at. Not as nice as a Marauder. But still good. Rather have that then a Camry or Accord SOOO BORING THOSE CARS

The VIN will tell if it is a police car..a police interceptor badge can be had on ebay all day long.. A P7B in the VIN is a cop car, the car you see is most likely a plain LX..there is no difference in motor and transbetween them..it's only the PCM that slightly changes the shifting..cop cars had 3.27 or 3.55 rear axle..LX had 2.73

R.I.P.
Rex "SC Cheesehead"