Thread: New Grocery Getter

New Grocery Getter

Buying an 05 Montego. Not much to look at, and performance aint anything to write home about, but it gets good mileage, its comfortable and Im getting a heck of a deal. This car will replace my G-Ride when I turn that in in August. Unfortunately, its going to have to be my "parked outside" car as the garage is full and the neighborhood assn wont let me build a covered driveway.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex
    Buying an 05 Montego. Not much to look at, and performance aint anything to write home about, but it gets good mileage, its comfortable and Im getting a heck of a deal. This car will replace my G-Ride when I turn that in in August. Unfortunately, its going to have to be my "parked outside" car as the garage is full and the neighborhood assn wont let me build a covered driveway.
    Your garage is a helluvalot bigger than mine, if you can get a quadcab Dodge pickup in it.

When I bought my truck, I wanted an extended cab but it would have to fit in the garage. The only two that would fit were the F-150 with a 5 ft box or the Dodge Quadcab according to my guesstimates. I looked at the Ford first but didnt like it too much and went with the Dodge, my first car/truck from them ever. No problems to date. To park the truck, I have to drive it in real slow til I hit the tennis ball, then just tap the sheetrock. Doing that gives me a clearance of about 1 inch between the rear bumper and the garage door. It is a snug fit!
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Is that the one based on the Ford Five Hundred? Good cars, and very space-efficient.
    '03 MM 300B (sold)
    Dark Blue Pearl
    # 680612
    Rear Spoiler
    6-disc changer
    Heated seats
    DOB 2/7/03
    Purchased 6/3/03

2013 Chevrolet ZL1 Convertible

Yeah, its the same car. This one is just the FWD, not the AWD but Im getting it at such a good deal I cant pass it up. I was planning on buying a Kia or whatever as a daily driver but this is nicer and much more comfortable. That should be enough cars for a while (until the new Firebird comes out!)
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Im getting it at such a good deal I cant pass it up.
    Would you mind telling me here or via PM what offer you got? I went to look at one for my Girlfriend and the best I could get was $21,000.00 for a 2005 with leather.

Thanks and congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnman
    Is that the one based on the Ford Five Hundred? Good cars, and very space-efficient.
    Wow, you have some nice iron!!!!

Yeah, its the same car. This one is just the FWD, not the AWD but Im getting it at such a good deal I cant pass it up. I was planning on buying a Kia or whatever as a daily driver but this is nicer and much more comfortable. That should be enough cars for a while (until the new Firebird comes out!)
    New Firebird?! Let's just keep our fingers crossed for the Challenger and Camaro-I don't think a new Firebird is in the works (unfortunately). Congrats on the great new car though.
    '03 MM 300B (sold)
    Dark Blue Pearl
    # 680612
    Rear Spoiler
    6-disc changer
    Heated seats
    DOB 2/7/03
    Purchased 6/3/03

Quote Originally Posted by texascorvette
    Wow, you have some nice iron!!!!
    Thanks-I prefer to spend my excess cash on automobiles, but I am approaching my limit!
    '03 MM 300B (sold)
    Dark Blue Pearl
    # 680612
    Rear Spoiler
    6-disc changer
    Heated seats
    DOB 2/7/03
    Purchased 6/3/03

Just drove back from SA with the Montego. Not much pickup but 30 mpg at 75 mph is pretty nice. The stereo is better sounding the the box of rubber bands that came with my MM and it has those Xenon headlights, those are fantastic. Real plain Jane though.
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Just loaded a few out of focus pics in my gallery.
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Thread Information