Hi, I have an issue with my DBP 03 (I no longer have the car in my signature). Long story short, the car has a dealer installed Ford remote start and the car won't start. I just replaced the battery, as I figured that it was the likely culprit bc I had seldom used the car over the winter and it had not run for about three weeks prior to this problem. Upon replacement, the horn blasted and it wouldn't turn off. I disconnected it and attempted to start the car: I heard the fuel pump activating and the entire dash lit up when I turned the key but the car didn't turn over, not even a click... Both of my remotes, which appear to be Ford aftermarket items that came with PN: 2W7Z-19A361-BA, the remote start system, are completely useless and won't even lock or unlock the car (the batteries are fresh). I located a button under the dash and depressed it but nothing changed. I checked the 30 amp ignition fuse in the box under the hood and it looked okay. In the past the car sometimes had given me a problem when I tried to start it after manually unlocking it and using the conventional key.. to correct it, I would hit unlock on the remote and the car would turn over normally.

Further, there is a small LED light for the remote start on the dash beneath the instrument cluster that used to flash but no longer does. It appears as if the module is dead...

What should I do? Is there perhaps a fuse in the module that I'm missing? I really don't want to have to tow this thing!

Thanks,
Matt