Thread: Custom Tune

Custom Tune

I just want to give a shout-out to Mo's Speed Shop for their excellent customer service in building my custom tune. If anyone wants to unleash the beast of their MM I highly recommend them. You da man Marty!

We have one of his tunes and it really wakes the car up.

I was wondering if there every was a before and after dyno on Mo's tune. I know Lidio did one.

In regards to the tune, how does it wake up the car?? Also, is there a risk you can damage something with a custom tune to a stock MM??

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry24 View Post
    In regards to the tune, how does it wake up the car?? Also, is there a risk you can damage something with a custom tune to a stock MM??
    You could hurt the car if you go crazy with the tune, Mo's and Lidio do their tunes safely for the average Joe.

The transmission reschedule is worth the tune alone. No more 4th gear at 30mph. Car will hold the right gear til it needs to shift.

I also believe the timing can be played with and Mos' and Lidio do that.

We've been running an aftermarket tune for along time with no issues other than state inspection. All you need to do is put the OEM tune back in, zip though inspection then put the performance tune back in and your car is driveable again.

Lidio at Alternative Auto has a tune for the MM as well as Mo's. Been some reports he's not doing them anymore, but I'm not sure about that. We have one of each and they are both great.

If you don't have a Mo's tune or one from Lidio, get one. Everyone here will tell you it's the #1 mod to do, followed by boost in which you will need tune for as well.

as said, makes the shift schedule so the car stays in a better power band and msybe adds 20 hp due to timing tweaks. its not going to harm a stock car. the stock tune is for mpg ratings
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    You could hurt the car if you go crazy with the tune, Mo's and Lidio do their tunes safely for the average Joe.

The transmission reschedule is worth the tune alone. No more 4th gear at 30mph. Car will hold the right gear til it needs to shift.

I also believe the timing can be played with and Mos' and Lidio do that.

We've been running an aftermarket tune for along time with no issues other than state inspection. All you need to do is put the OEM tune back in, zip though inspection then put the performance tune back in and your car is driveable again.

Lidio at Alternative Auto has a tune for the MM as well as Mo's. Been some reports he's not doing them anymore, but I'm not sure about that. We have one of each and they are both great.

If you don't have a Mo's tune or one from Lidio, get one. Everyone here will tell you it's the #1 mod to do, followed by boost in which you will need tune for as well.
    Well said. I didn't do a before and after Dyno but the HP increase is evident. 4.10 gears and Marty's tune = good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Well said. I didn't do a before and after Dyno but the HP increase is evident. 4.10 gears and Marty's tune = good times.
    Keep thinking Marty will read your kudos thread and chime in about the before and after of his tune. I remember Lidio found power but I don't recall the numbers.

Thanks for the compliments fellas.

We've typically seen 22-25 rwhp.

ALERT CAUTION YES, YOU CAN HARM YOUR TIRES & CHECK MUSCLES FROM A EAR TO EAR SMILE.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    ALERT CAUTION YES, YOU CAN HARM YOUR TIRES & CHECK MUSCLES FROM A EAR TO EAR SMILE.
    Winning response.

Had the 04 tuned last Friday by Mo's. Very happy with it. Can't wait to get the 03 done too.
    03 black mm stock, daily driver

04 silver mm Easton swap, 4.10, full SW exhaust, and more. 428 rwhp ,419 rwtq tuned by MO's

I had a dyno tune at Mo's and my numbers went from 255hp/270tq to 267hp/295tq.

also for the more savvy that want to get more involved with it, the best way to tune is with a moates quarterhorse, the custom tuning software is free and its by far much more superior than slow obd-2 troublesome datalogging

you can download the software and the RZASA files from http://www.efidynotuning.com

Thread Information