Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why so many get totaled?

[QUOTE=Mercguy04;1157194] There are some damn fool drivers out there, why risk your prized ride for a daily
    comute.

So If you want to see the Marauder become extent than by all means drive it daily.
    Some one will evenully run in to you.

If you want the Marauder to become collectable then DO NOT use it as a daily.

That is the answer. Buy a beater or two and drive them. Not your Marauder.
    [QUOTE]

Shut the hell up.
    not everyone has this option... and u sound real stupid to think that if u dont use your car as a daily that u will never get into an accident. an accident can happen at anyday at anytime, so maybe next time u pull yours out somebody might hit your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

^^^true.. in my opinion the worst thing you can ever do to a car, is not drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-MerC View Post
    Shut the hell up.
    not everyone has this option... and u sound real stupid to think that if u dont use your car as a daily that u will never get into an accident. an accident can happen at anyday at anytime, so maybe next time u pull yours out somebody might hit your ass.
    There's this thing they just invented, it's called statistics....
    Don't bring skittles to a gunfight.

Gentlemen this discussion has been going on for years, same things said etc. I have belonged to GN sites since 1987 when I first got my GN, but there were more 87 GN's than your cars. It never failed someone was putting role cages etc etc and to be blunt really chopping the GN's up to make them faster. Every time I heard these things in the back of my Head I said GREAT. Less unmolested GN's out there just increase's the value of my car and I still used it! Now almost 48,000 miles (:-()and strait as an arrow. The add on's I've done can be changed in one day to 100% stock for a true purist! Just another way to look at it!!!!

[QUOTE=Mac-MerC;1157338][QUOTE=Mercguy04;1157194] There are some damn fool drivers out there, why risk your prized ride for a daily
    comute.

So If you want to see the Marauder become extent than by all means drive it daily.
    Some one will evenully run in to you.

If you want the Marauder to become collectable then DO NOT use it as a daily.

That is the answer. Buy a beater or two and drive them. Not your Marauder.

Shut the hell up.
    There's no such thing as an "accident", they are all preventable.

If you want your car to stay "nice", don't drive it. You can always repaint and fix the interior, but you can't remove the miles.

The sky could fall if I pull mine out and crush it, if that happens, well, that's why I have an agreed value insurance policy, which also limits the miles I can put on the car.

I bought mine to embarrass all the so called supercars, that is it's sole purpose in life, it does a good job of it, I have 3 DD's, so it's not an issue for me, but I get where your coming from.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

What it REALLY comes down to is a matter of money, if you think of it that way.

How deep down into the construction of the car can you go before replacing a part or section makes it not the original car? Could you replace EVERYTHING around the frame with NOS or OEM replacement parts and have a "new" Marauder? What all even must be replaced or retouched in order to look and drive like new, and what is inconsequential?

Like I said, to an LARGE extent, the biggest limiting factor to the quality of your Marauder now will be how much money you have, and of that how much you are willing to put into it.

Well I put mods on mine..but the mods so far are ones you could easily remove to make it stock again. But is it true if you supercharge your marauder it increases the value of it??

"Shut the hell up.
    not everyone has this option... and u sound real stupid to think that if u dont use your car as a daily that u will never get into an accident. an accident can happen at anyday at anytime, so maybe next time u pull yours out somebody might hit your ass"

That is not what I said. The question generally was.

" Why so many get totaled?"

The more miles you use your Marauder, the more chances you take.
    Simple answer to a simple question

I would think you are right, I could get hit anytime, anywhere. I could get killed going through a door. But I go anyway. I am not foolish enough to not wear a vest and maybe some body armor. I am looking out for trouble at all times. Hell I could hit by a bus if I wasn't paying attention to my surrounding. Even before I went to Paris Island I was street wise, but there they tauch me to be even more aware of my surrounding. It served me well in Viet Nam, and it has served me well on the street. As a LEO
    I am in harms way much more than most and so far I am still upright.

Darren said it right, "There's no such thing as an "accident", they are all preventable."
    I think you have some anger issues you need to deal with. Your comment, although correct in many ways, showed how upset you are.

In a polite society we don't need to cast aspersions on each other.
    If you feel you have something to contribute, than be all means please do
    so. Your input is valuable to us all, and you have the every right to express
    it. Thank you for your comments they are always welcome.
    Please drive safely

We dont live in a polite society, im sorry to hear that your a leo

"The more miles you use your Marauder, the more chances you take."
    Thats a Lie... every other day someone is posting pictures of totaled Marauders with 40k or so on the clock. barely broken in
    We are totally off the initial question... In the end its just a car. If u drive it, drive it... If u dont want to dont. if u crash it, oh well... If u dont crash it thats good for u.

If my car gets totalled... oh well. I'll just get another one or something else. The End
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercguy04 View Post
    I went to Paris Island
    I knew there was something I didn't like about you.
    Don't bring skittles to a gunfight.

Overestimation of driver skill

When I was a kid (16-25) my folks and I worked SCCA races. I sat through a lot of driver schools. Once I realized that my heroes (Donohue, Rodriguez,Bonnier, Revson, Siffert, McLaren, Fangio, Levegh and countless others) died racing at the top of their game. I realized that my ability as a driver was way sub par. I only saw 2 die, David Pearl t-boned in a formula car at Daytona turn 4 and a Colombian driver at Sebring who failed to tighten his belts and when his Porsche went sideways and rolled on straight 8 his head was crushed between the door frame and the pavement. Gruesome. Almost everyone overestimates their driving skills. I have a photo of Marauder Boi's car pinned above my PC to remind me that (my) lack of experience and judgement can be fatal. With age comes wisdom, the wisdom that speed kills. End of lecture. Speed belongs on the track, not the street.
    Please ignore this post if it doesn't apply to you, you're a better driver than I'll ever be and my dead heroes.
    Last edited by Stoneblue; 03-08-2012 at 04:46 PM.

My .02
    The Black Pearl & White Lightning

My .02
    Your and awesome dude, i agree with this 1,000,000,000,000,000%
    signature worthy

^+3. They aren't one of a kind, they were limited production (mostly due to poor sales). They have 4 wheels and a motor, neither of which are necessary for sitting in the garage all year. They're fun to drive....so I'll drive mine. Do what you want with yours, trying to make people feel guilty for driving their own car is pretentious at best.

^^Why would I want my car to out live me?
    2003 300a MM
    Completely Stock

2006 Ford F-250 Powerstroke

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information