Thread: Replacing Oil Filter Housing Gasket

Replacing Oil Filter Housing Gasket

Yes I know I already made a thread on this and no I cant find it and anyway there was only 1 response. Just wanted to verify the correct gasket, Felpro 70801 and any tips on replacing it. Also this would be a good time for the correct oil pressure gauge and might as well do the volt gauge to match. From my understanding you can strip and crimp/solder the wires into the factory harness. Thank you, for your tips and advice.
    -Yes I have access to a lift and a plethora of tools in a shop. No i'm not a mechanic, just a novice. Thanks, again
    Mike

The Motorcraft part # Adapter Gasket - Ford (F65Z-6840-A)

Your Felpro # is correct, I’ve used it on three different marauders. It’s really straight forward once you get in there. I have already seen where the oil filter adapter bolts came loose and caused it to leak. I used some Loctite to prevent this from happening again.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox (sold)
    2004 DTR - shitbox #2

I took 10 minutes and threw my photos and some fast instructions on this topic into this instructable. https://www.instructables.com/id/Rep...dapter-Gasket/

Of interest might be: Pictures of fel-pro gasket in question. Pictures and part number for crossover cap o-ring (which was a ***** to find). The rest of it has been easy to find elsewhere, but I threw what I new into that mostly for the pictures. Hope it helps someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ByronRACE View Post
    I took 10 minutes and threw my photos and some fast instructions on this topic into this instructable. https://www.instructables.com/id/Rep...dapter-Gasket/

Of interest might be: Pictures of fel-pro gasket in question. Pictures and part number for crossover cap o-ring (which was a ***** to find). The rest of it has been easy to find elsewhere, but I threw what I new into that mostly for the pictures. Hope it helps someone.

Thanks! Doing this soon; still dripping but very slowly when the car is cold, couple of drips per night. I figured I would do the COT o-rings at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Make sure you inspect the oil filter adapter housing for pitting and corrosion where the gasket sits. Either block sand it smooth on a flat surface or fill the voids with silicone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Make sure you inspect the oil filter adapter housing for pitting and corrosion where the gasket sits. Either block sand it smooth on a flat surface or fill the voids with silicone.

Thanks Zack, I will. I appreciate the tip as I wouldn’t have thought about corrosion up there.

I have a sheet of heavy glass I use as a bed for that kind of flat sanding, or some RTV stuff if it’s bad enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Thread Information