Thread: BCM symptoms, yet BCM looks OK

Question BCM symptoms, yet BCM looks OK

UPDATE: As expected fix to below problem was replacing the BCM with a new one - fastblackmerc also offers repairs of broken BCM's

So I've had an issue I've read about on here before - when A/C is turned on, the A/C fan speed constantly goes up and down erratically (whether it's in auto or not) unless I manually set the fan speed to max - then it stays at max. A/C and heat seems to be working fine, other than the speed issue. I saw another thread where a member had this exact issue and reported it was the BCM (have read numerous threads on BCM) so I pulled mine out today. All the threads I've seen regarding BCM issues seem to show the solder joints cracked, burned etc. - mine all look totally fine, so I'm not sure what to "repair" - considering just buying a new BCM but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and BCM looked fine? Before removing the BCM I did the EATC self test and it did not produce any codes.
    Last edited by cashmonkey38; 04-11-2017 at 11:38 PM. Reason: update

That transistor gets really HOT and can actually go bad as well as un-soldering itself......I'd get a new one!!
    No Marauder

I can repair yours, PM me for details.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

If you do buy a new one for some reason, buy Motorcraft.

Get it fast if you've got Prime..
    https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-YH...dp/B006DX6K52/
    03 300A Black 1719/7839
    Current mods: FRP 4.10s, DR 93 Octane & shift tune, 8-clutch stock diff rebuild, bald tires
    Wish list: Eaton M112 kit and/or get bored and stroke it to a 5.0L

Don't let friends drive stockers:

Yes I got an OEM replacement, will likely get with Jim on fixing the old one just to have it. Will try to remember to update this thread to confirm whether or not BCM was the fix. I assume it will be, but all solder right now looks fine and I lack the technical know-how to test beyond that

Thread Information