Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Get together?

Great, I was hoping someone would step up and recommend a route.
    Redster (aka Rodster)
    04 MM DTR
    ONeill equipped
    96 Audi A4 (ONeill equipped)
    2007 Shelby GT (ONeill equipped)(SAAC equipped)
    2002 Sable

I will check, I should be in on June 3rd. Hopefully lowndex's car will be done by then too!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by FavianHerrera View Post
    sacramento.carpediem.cd/events/2696192-all-fast-fords-muscle-mustangs-at-sacramento-raceway-park/

Anyone interested in going? Grant it's in your backyard!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Did this last year. Ratty old stangs got mewed over, and some bitchen Marauders got no love at all.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    Did this last year. Ratty old stangs got mewed over, and some bitchen Marauders got no love at all.
    It should be better if there's at least 3 or 4 Marauders tho! That is if we can get a couple people to go also

Pleasant Hill Ca. - across the bay from San Francisco.
    I will be there just need details time and where we park! Black 03 + Vortech

Warren Boschin

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post

Warren Boschin
    Warren
    You ever go down to the Knders on Arnold Industrial or to theSun Valley mall gatherings on a Friday nights?
    Anthony
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

Final details coming in mid-May
    Redster (aka Rodster)
    04 MM DTR
    ONeill equipped
    96 Audi A4 (ONeill equipped)
    2007 Shelby GT (ONeill equipped)(SAAC equipped)
    2002 Sable

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post

Warren Boschin
    To which even Warren?there's about 3 or 4 we kinda just threw together lol

Knottsbery Farm

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    FAB FORDS at knottsberry farms? If there is a CV club headed down we could convoy...

Just had too interject something here, Sorry. One of my relatives and her husband were the ones that founded Knottsberry farm, Cordelia Hornaday and her husband Walter Knotts.

Chapter VI - The Push Toward Excelling

The most prominent of Hiram's descendants was Cordelia (Hornaday) Knott, who with her husband Walter, founded Knott's Berry Farm on a ten-acre property in Buena Park, California. There Walter developed the boysenberry and began to grow it commercially; and there Cordelia (Hornaday) Knott opened a roadside stand in 1923 to sell berries and preserves and pies. The stand gradually grew into a tearoom, then a cafe seating twenty. Cordelia (Hornaday) Knott opened a chicken dinner restaurant next. She later recalled those days in an interview with the Los Angeles Times: "[it was the depth of the depression and] Dad wasn't doing so well selling berries. Times were hard and we were going broke. We tried to borrow some money from a local banker but we failed.

"We had some bills to pay and didn't know where the money was coming from so I got this idea of selling fried chicken dinners in the tea room. I surprised Dad when I told him about it one day.

"He didn't object but I think he had some doubts. I charged 85 cents for the dinner and we served eight that day. Business grew like Topsy and I never dreamed what would happen."

The restaurant business grew and grew. By 1937 the Knotts were seating 300 people for dinner every night. By 1974 the restaurant could handle 1,150 persons at each meal in eight dining rooms. Knott's Berry Farm dining rooms serve an average of 1,000,000 persons every year. The entertainment park began as a means of keeping people happy as they waited for dinner. Walter Knott's volcano, which periodically spat out fire and smoke, was the talk of Southern California when it was unveiled. The giant amusement park and restaurant complex that resulted from all this have grown into a business that grosses $20,000,000 annually, draws more than 4,000,000 tourists each year, and is managed by a family partnership now including third-generation members.

The knotts stressed their pioneer ancestry in amusements, literature and exhibits. With "unabashed patriotism" they created an audiovisual commentary on American history. The Berry Farm is the Knott family's expression of themes which have run through our story of the Hornaday family. Their sense of an educational mission fits into the Hornaday emphasis on the ministry, journalism and teaching. Their sturdy independence and practicality also characterizes the Hornaday approach to life, It is somehow typical of Knott's Berry Farm that until December, 1977, its Chicken Dinner Restaurant was still making up to 120,000 biscuits a week with Cordelia's fifty-year old china rolling pin (12).

Source: Quinn Hornaday, The Hornadays, Root and Branch, (Copyright 1979, Stockton Trade Press, Inc., Los Angeles, CA 90040). Page 66.
    2004 Mercury Marauder - Silver Birch
    2003 Mercury Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Aspen Green
    2002 Ford F150 Crew Cab - Silver Metallic
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 - Vermillion Red - Silver Frost

I'm there forsure

IM IN!!!! Just need to put the request in for work.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeauty_bb View Post
    IM IN!!!! Just need to put the request in for work.
    W0000000000T

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

I'm game for this

And the Knotts also owned Calico for a spell. You can certainly see some influences of Calico ghost town in Knottsberry Farms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaday View Post

Just had too interject something here, Sorry. One of my relatives and her husband were the ones that founded Knottsberry farm, Cordelia Hornaday and her husband Walter Knotts.

Chapter VI - The Push Toward Excelling

The most prominent of Hiram's descendants was Cordelia (Hornaday) Knott, who with her husband Walter, founded Knott's Berry Farm on a ten-acre property in Buena Park, California. There Walter developed the boysenberry and began to grow it commercially; and there Cordelia (Hornaday) Knott opened a roadside stand in 1923 to sell berries and preserves and pies. The stand gradually grew into a tearoom, then a cafe seating twenty. Cordelia (Hornaday) Knott opened a chicken dinner restaurant next. She later recalled those days in an interview with the Los Angeles Times: "[it was the depth of the depression and] Dad wasn't doing so well selling berries. Times were hard and we were going broke. We tried to borrow some money from a local banker but we failed.

"We had some bills to pay and didn't know where the money was coming from so I got this idea of selling fried chicken dinners in the tea room. I surprised Dad when I told him about it one day.

"He didn't object but I think he had some doubts. I charged 85 cents for the dinner and we served eight that day. Business grew like Topsy and I never dreamed what would happen."

The restaurant business grew and grew. By 1937 the Knotts were seating 300 people for dinner every night. By 1974 the restaurant could handle 1,150 persons at each meal in eight dining rooms. Knott's Berry Farm dining rooms serve an average of 1,000,000 persons every year. The entertainment park began as a means of keeping people happy as they waited for dinner. Walter Knott's volcano, which periodically spat out fire and smoke, was the talk of Southern California when it was unveiled. The giant amusement park and restaurant complex that resulted from all this have grown into a business that grosses $20,000,000 annually, draws more than 4,000,000 tourists each year, and is managed by a family partnership now including third-generation members.

The knotts stressed their pioneer ancestry in amusements, literature and exhibits. With "unabashed patriotism" they created an audiovisual commentary on American history. The Berry Farm is the Knott family's expression of themes which have run through our story of the Hornaday family. Their sense of an educational mission fits into the Hornaday emphasis on the ministry, journalism and teaching. Their sturdy independence and practicality also characterizes the Hornaday approach to life, It is somehow typical of Knott's Berry Farm that until December, 1977, its Chicken Dinner Restaurant was still making up to 120,000 biscuits a week with Cordelia's fifty-year old china rolling pin (12).

Source: Quinn Hornaday, The Hornadays, Root and Branch, (Copyright 1979, Stockton Trade Press, Inc., Los Angeles, CA 90040). Page 66.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Just got back from my Reno trip... took the marauder it was INCREDIBLE!!

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Quote Originally Posted by Chayton View Post
    Just got back from my Reno trip... took the marauder it was INCREDIBLE!!

No chains required? Did you get time to go to the big summit racing store in sparks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information