Thread: Wow....There can only be one....Marauderville I mean!

MI2QWK4U Guest

Wow....There can only be one....Marauderville I mean!

I am not starting this to get into a heated debate or ruffle feathers, but... I felt the need to comment on the hijacking of the Marauderville name this year. First off, It doesnt matter who coined the term, what does matter is that this group has pretty much accepted that the Marauderville event, starting with Ennis, then Indy, then Detroit, were the national meets of this club as a whole. Any other meets, including Hershy, Barrys, MCM's, that were local events were labled Regional meets or whatever local name the hosts gave it. The September meet in Florida is just that, a Regional Meet. That isnt to say it wasnt a great event, just that it wasnt the agreed upon National Meet. Period. There were 84-85 Marauders that made it to the lot on Woodward this year, over 170 people that attended. It offends every one that planned, executed, and attended the Woodward Dream Cruise to have the largest and most attended National Marauder Meet stripped of its well earned EXCLUSIVE title of Marauderville III. . No one did that to Ennis, or Indy, those events were allowed to enjoy their title, yet Woodward wont be allowed that courtesy? It pisses me off that when some one will say, "Wow, remember MVIII, it was great." , and a person could think of two events. Bottom line is Woodward 2005 is and will be the only Marauderville III. Buy the way, I was only following Logan's lead...after all, he is the first one that knighted Woodward as MVIII...

Originally Posted by Logan...

mm.net will be sponsoring the MCM festivities, just to what extent is all that's to be determined.

I simply do not have the personal drive to take on an independant MVIII for a 3rd time, it's an enormous time commitment.

Dave and the rest of MCM has gone out of their way to turn the dream cruise into a spectacular Marauder event. So, if they want to call it Marauderville III, I'm flattered and sounds like a great plan to me.

I had planned to do something in the south, but I just am not going to have the time to do it properly, so I'll do everything I can to support MCM.

There, that's the official word. Carry on.

Alright folks.

CRAP DELETED. Apologies to Dave, I know you had good intentions, but too much crap going on comment wise.

Enough is enough. I'm going to start taking a very dim view of anyone stirring up petty crap on MY site for the next while until you all grow the hell up.

You all have very short memories. I'm at my wit's end with all of the kiddo's on this site.

Couple Points.

1. You want to hold a National Event? Call it whatever you like, but it gets approved by me if you expect to use this site as the medium to support it. I'll hold the Namin' veto buttons thanks very much.

2. Folks have indeed had regional Marauderville's before and called them that. Know what though? They had the deceny to ask me first and make sure I was Okay with it.

3. At MVIII, there WAS a Mercurymarauder.net banner. It's at Trilogy Motorsports now after a stint in Florida for the Trilogy 100 kit install. Reality was, I wasn't anywhere at MV III long enough to actually hang the thing up. Honestly, didn't know y'all cared so much.

4. All y'all learn how to get civil and get along in a hurry, I'm done playin'.

Thread Information