Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What made you want a marauder??

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    But seriously. Have always had G-body's and loved them. Family came along and needed 4 doors. Bought a 99 Supercharged Regal GS hated the front wheel drive. .
    always had g-bodys too and had a 95 park ave and 97 lesabre for daily drivers prior to my Marauder. i was over FWD cars.

1983 Hurst / Olds 2016 OCA Nationals Best in Class winner
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    1970 Buick GS Stage 1
    2003 300A Car #2053
    14.6941 e/t @ 97.53 mph w/ JLT intake & MartyO tune

Quote Originally Posted by 2mercs View Post
    Wanted to take up dealing drugs as a hobby so i bought one. Still working on the selling of the drugs part.
    come on up to the d and we can get you started
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Was Nov of 04 was shopping for new house and new car . Was going to buy crown Vic . Came along side a car on 595. wasn't sure what it was . I grew up in a vacuum of a town called Marathon . What I saw was an FHP marauder. Was telling a trooper I knew about it. He told me they even had special driviing school to be able to drive one. At home that night looked it up on line . Wanted it! Figured ill get an 05(lol) . Found out only 2 year run now want even more ! Would never own a black car so looked for SB. Only 2 left in fla new . Want even worse now! Bought it dec 12th up to 57k mi . Funny part now I own a black 03 300A also for D D.

I always liked the way they looked. Every time one drove past or I saw one in a parking lot, I had to stop and stare. One day in 2007 I just upped and bought one. Didn't plan it....just happened on an impulse. Stayed stock for 2 years until I joined this forum. My bank account has never been the same since.

I loved them ever since I saw it at the Chicago auto show and shortly after saw an old man I knew driving one he just bought. Fast forward to 2012? or so (time flies the older you get), I sold cars at a dealership. I was currently looking to buy any Panther that struck my eye at the time when a man comes in and says he had too many cars at home and just wanted to sell a couple. The dealer bought the Marauder but said sorry we don't want your Cadillac Allante. It had a layer of dust inside and out from sitting in his garage, no gas, barely any air in the tires. I immediately swipe the keys for a drive. No sooner do I get to the gas station down the road for gas and air, one of the managers calls me on my cell to yell at me for taking it for a joy ride when a couple separate groups of people were already there to buy it. I said it's not a joy ride it's a test drive and tell them sorry because it is mine.
    It just had a birthday. Built July of 2002 in black.

I remember wanting one when they were new but couldn't swing it with a toddler and one on the way. Fast forward to 2013, started looking for one and was fortunate enough to find a Blue with very low miles. Owned by a collector and after he passed his son was selling off all his cars. The best vehicle I've ever owned and a pleasure to drive.

Actually me and a car guy friend were talking about the Impala and was throwing out ideas Ford could do. He threw out a "500" package for the CV and I said Mercury Marauder would sound better...then heard about the Marauder at about the time I was loking for either a HHP CV or TA ram air...passed on both because I liked my 92 LSC too much to trade in...Then the Marauder came out, read the Car n Driver report and was expecting a beast since the said it would lay down 2 2 foot wide strips, "first time, every time' is what the article said...First test drive was difficult since there weren't many on any lot...got in and shifted into 2nd, salesman looked at me and said, "It won't squeal the tires." very flatly...it didn't and was ofcourse a pig from start...at that point with the severve lack of performance, compared to the TA or Mark VIII that I had also test drove, and the nearly non-negotiable stratospheric price I passed...fast forward nearly 10 years and I'm looking to replace my 95 Fleetwood Brougham with a GMQ or TownCar when I remember, oh hell I'll look for a Marauder...none to be had within 1000 miles, then a DTR popped a state up, debated for @ 2 weeks and went and looked...after getting through the pigness which I expected now and quickly getting to @90 on side streets she came home with me...Always been a Mercury fan since I grew up with my Dads 68 Cougar as a DD along with a 74 Torino...I had no chance...

I wasn't looking for a Marauder when I found and bought mine in 2007 with 6400 miles. What I was looking for was a low mileage 92/93 notchback foxbody in either dark green or calypso green. I was a bit shocked to find these cars were bringing high teens to low twenties for price.

I don't quite remember how the marauder came up, but I found it at Cape Cod lincoln mercury, it was mid november, they were asking $23,000. I knew they would be sitting on it for the winter, and I went down and offered them $20,000 and the took my offer, and I even got them to throw in an extended powertrain warranty.

Drove it home that night, put it away for the winter, and drove it from 2008 to June of last summer when i sold it at Carlisle with 33,000 miles for $14,000.

I was putting only 3500-4000 miles per year on it, and hated to see it sitting so much.

I should add I've grown up in a Ford family, and three of my previous cars were a CV, and 2 Town Cars, so I was quite familiar with the body style and size, but didn't think back in 2003 that the Marauder was affordable.
    2012 Boss 302 LS # 563
    2000 SVT Cobra R # 76
    1993 SVT Cobra # 2162
    2013 SVT Raptor SCrew
    2011 F 350 Worktruck
    2019 Lincoln MKC

I never heard of it till my boss's girlfriend mentioned wanting one. Meanwhile I had been looking for a couple of months at new Mustangs luckily not in a rush because my wife informed me of a third kid in the oven... So armed with info on a I never heard of and the need for a five seater now the Marauder was the obvious choice.

I couldn't afford new but picked up mine a year old and low miles for a steal and never looked back. Over the last eleven years I made it into a truly unique one to even further it's rarity. Not a drive goes by without receiving thumbs up or stop light chat. The Mustang I wanted would never have been the attention getter this old girl gets.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Because no one suspects 600+hp in a crown Vic body. Makes for interesting times in Mexico!

On the 10th of May 2009 my son Guy had a car accident. While on recovery he bought a 2003 black MARAUDER. As a snowbird, I borrowed the MARAUDER to drive to Florida for the winter. Same thing for 2010 & 2011. In 2012 I bought it. Since that, I'm the proud owner of the MARAUDER and I enjoy driving that car in Florida and meets my American's friends at the Friday night MARAUDER's meeting.

I needed something with four doors and could hold two kids car seats. I had a few friends years ago that had marauders and figured with me being a ford guy it was the perfect fit. The best is my kids love it especially with I slip the tires as they say
    Last edited by svtrichie; 07-24-2015 at 09:41 PM.
    94 Supercharged Miata
    92 5.0 Vert
    92 5.0 vert summer edition
    93 5.0 vert yellow feature car
    05 GT vert
    81 Fairmont, Vortech, 302, T-56
    03 Rubi

Quote Originally Posted by Hooptie View Post
    This made me want one

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

My first car was a "68 Ford Custom 4 door. 302, 3 0n the tree.

Metallic Gold, limo tint.
    Shelby Turbine rims
    30 speakers amp and a Craig Powerplay baby!!!

Read about the Marauder in '02 in Motor Trend or Autogeek and ordered the Promo DVD form Mercury as soon as it was available. Test drove the 1st one I saw but got insulted on my year old BMW V8 wagon trade off and bailed.
    Waited for a few years and bought Trilogy #36.
    Then put enough $$ in it to have bought 3 new at dealer markup.
    Last edited by boatmangc; 07-25-2015 at 07:00 AM.
    It's all BS until you can show me the time slip!

Trilogy #36
    #2529 of 7839
    See Garage for mods.
    O bsessive
    C ar
    D etailer

SOLD

2014 Caddilac CTSV Wagon
    CAI
    DRs
    11.70 @ 119 mph
    505 RWHP at Mo's untuned.

10/16 mods
    Ported blower. LTs catless mids, flex fuel kit, pulleys, badness.
    621/626 on E49 tuned for E85
    10.65 @ 128.9 SSHS16

Bump.....��

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information