Thread: Cleaning chrome exhaust tips... recommendations?

Question Cleaning chrome exhaust tips... recommendations?

What do you all recommend for keeping spots off the chrome exhaust tips and keeping them bright and shiny?
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Jim Guest
    Keeping spots off? Don't drive it!

As for cleaning 'em, I use Nevr-Dull, in the little silver can.

If you haven't used it before, it's a kind of wadding impregnated with a foul-smelling petroleum distillate.. You reach in and pull out a piece, and use it to polish metal.. It leaves a slight haze that you buff off with a cloth.

I also slapped a quick coat of wax on 'em, but I'm not convinced that it's going to help.

Nevr-Dull works like crazy on this type of thing; I use it on my Marauder, and my fiancée's M coupe; that's 6 tailpipes to polish, if you're counting!

-Jim

Thanks Jim, I'll look for Nevr-Dull at the parts store.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Nevr-dull does work wonders, pick some up!!

WJSOLOMON Guest

Lightbulb "EASY TO USE METAL POLISHING CLOTHS & PADS"

# 10223 POLISHING CLOTHS & REPLENISHER = $16.95 for the Kit at "www.griotsgarage.com". Quite a Lot of Car Products in a great catalog! Check it all out.

Yeah, Griot's pretty much is the garage "boutique" of the internet... I love the place...

WJSOLOMON Guest

Unhappy HOW TO KEEP THOSE 'LTD-LOOKING' DISC BRAKE ASSEMBLIES LOOKING NEW??????????

Logan - "Lord Master of the Marauder Club", pray tell, how do propose that we can keep those fading, dingy looking Disc Brake Rotors looking Bright and Clean Looking, as a back drop the the Highly Polished 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels"?

Do we remove the Wheels one by one, and brush / spray paint them with some sort of Heat-Treated, or perhaps "Rustoleum" Type pf Black, or perhaps Silver Paint that could match the Inside of the Wheels?

Less than 1,500 miles, and mine are staring to look like they came out of the "LTD" Parts Bin.

I agree with you on Griots Garage being the Ultimate Automotive Beautique for Autophiles - something for every one of we extremists, who, secretly are like LEXUS - in that we're caught up in the "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection!"

I'll just bet that you'll be able to find some lovely Lint-Free, 100% American Cotton Polishing Cloths to use for Swadeling Clothes, or Christening Gowns for the Twins! :p

"MERCURY MARAUDER - THE ULTIMATE DOMESTIC LUXURY / PERFORMANCE DRIVING MACHINE!

Lord Master? Ummm, ok, I can run with that! :p

The brake rotors do look a wee bit dingy on there don't they. The trick to this is diversionary tactics. Such as painting or powdercoating your calipers bright red. Did this on a lightning and it looks pretty trick. It's also cheaper than buying a $3000 set of brembos...

Keeping the inside of the wheels clean too helps a bunch with the overall neato factor. So, I usually remove the wheels and clean the backside of the rims whenever I have the opportunity or ambition to.

WJSOLOMON Guest
    Originally posted by Logan:"Lord Master? Ummm, ok, I can run with that! :p The brake rotors do look a wee bit dingy on there don't they. The trick to this is diversionary tactics. Such as painting or powdercoating your calipers bright red. Did this on a lightning and it looks pretty trick. It's also cheaper than buying a $3000 set of brembos... Keeping the inside of the wheels clean too helps a bunch with the overall neato factor. So, I usually remove the wheels and clean the backside of the rims whenever I have the opportunity or ambition to."

My "Opportunities" / "Ambition To" will likely be every 5,000 Mile Service, when I have them pretend to "rotate" the tires, like we used to in the old days!

You're exactly right about 3 G's for the Brembos...........man, you realize how Many pairs of shoes that could put on the Twins?

:p

sigh... I know...I know..

At least we're at home now... Got home this afternoon...

WJSOLOMON Guest
    Originally posted by Logan: "sigh... I know...I know.. "At least we're at home now... Got home this afternoon... "

I remember when our first one was born. Maria I had both taken a "Lamaz" Class, and really got the "Controlled Breathing" part down good. During the first 18 hours of Labor, I had packed a Garlic Bolgna Sandwich and left it on the window sill......in the Sun......for a few two many hours. When I finally wofled it down, she went into Serious Labor, and I was just standing over the Bed trying to help her "Blow Out The Candle", when she kinda went balistic, waving her arms in the air and everything.

Later, I found out that the "Garlic Breath" Overdose probably took her over the edge a bit early......

She made me wait the Full "Six Weeks", after that!

(If you have Twins, the rule of thumb is Twelve Weeks, dude. )

So..........lets talk about Polishes, Waxes, and Polimers guys!

Reminds me of my best friend who lived in Warsaw, Poland at the time, whose wife went into Labor in the middle of the night, in their small village. He panicked, called 911, and exclaimed:"Help Me, Help Me, my wife just went into labor and I'm not sure what to do!"

The Night Constable inquired: "Is this the first borne?"

The Husband snapped back: "Of course Not, you Dolt........this is the Husband!"

Last edited by WJSOLOMON; 07-31-2002 at 06:12 PM.

Thread Information