Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 1, 2020 new Ohio law in effect

July 1, 2020 new Ohio law in effect

Front license plate will no longer be required
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

And? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I predict that OSHP will be more vigilant than ever making stops for improper registration display up to 11:59:59 on June 30th...at least around here.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post

And...that is a good thing. Illinois still requires the front plate, wish I didn't need one.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Concerned about crime, police officers, sheriffs and prosecutors have gained an ally in their effort to save Ohio's front license plate.

School officials warn that children will be endangered by motorists who whiz past stopped buses and increasingly elude apprehension unless lawmakers reverse course on the front plate's scheduled demise on July 1.

Ohio police departments are concerned about the state's proposed elimination of front license plates, saying that it will make it difficult to identify and apprehend suspects. (Photo/Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles)
    Ohio police departments are concerned about the state's proposed elimination of front license plates, saying that it will make it difficult to identify and apprehend suspects. (Photo/Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles)
    Citing aesthetics, the increasing use of sensors in front bumpers and the desires of auto dealers, House Republicans insisted on eliminating the plate as part of a conference committee deal to pass the transportation budget last spring.

House Speaker Larry Householder, R-Glenford, for one, said he is not changing his mind. "The decision has already been made regarding the front license plate. It was decided in the transportation budget," he said this week.

The speaker aside, some lawmakers and Gov. Mike DeWine are battling to save the plate by enacting Senate Bill 179 to reverse the prior decision, with the safety of school pupils now being added to the mix of concerns.

Loss of the plate "would reduce the chances of identifying dangerous drivers who endanger our school children when they ignore warnings to stop for school buses," said Melody Coniglio, president of the Ohio Association for Pupil Transportation.

Col. Richard Fambro, superintendent of the State Highway Patrol, told lawmakers that bus drivers, assisted by video cameras, "almost exclusively utilize the front license plate to identify violators" and report them to police.

The lack of a front plate on offenders' vehicles will make it "virtually impossible" to track down the drivers who blow past stopped school buses, said Fambro, whose troopers charge more than 600 such drivers each year.

School officials say motorists failing to stop for buses halted to pick up or drop off children is an increasing problem.

An Ohio School Boards Association survey of bus drivers from 183 districts found more than 1,500 buses were passed illegally on one day alone last March, suggesting the statewide total of improper passes could be more than 4,500 each day.

The forfeiture of the front plate "will not only hinder the identification of offenders, it will make bus stops more dangerous for students," the school boards group wrote in conjunction with groups representing school administrators and business officials.

In Senate committee testimony last month, police groups pressed their case that the front license plate makes it easier for police, and their automatic plate readers, to detect wanted vehicles and capture criminals, including murderers.

"By removing one plate, you remove 50 percent of law enforcement's ability to apprehend criminals," said Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio lobbyist Mike Weinman.

Ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft also value the front plate since it makes easier for riders to determine they are entering the correct vehicle, Weinman said.

Sen. Jay Hottinger, R-Newark, co-sponsor of the bill to restore the front plate, recites numerous stories and data provided by police about the public safety value of the plate. Thirty-one of the 50 states require front plates.

"You cannot look at the data and come to any other conclusion but this is a significant crime-fighting tool," he said.

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Source........

https://www.policeone.com/vehicle-in...491d7-41973087

Those of us that live here, knew what they would try to do. They made a deal with the Devil for their gas taxes, they have been collecting since last July, I wonder if they are going to refund that money if they get their beloved front plates back?

Quote Originally Posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    I predict that OSHP will be more vigilant than ever making stops for improper registration display up to 11:59:59 on June 30th...at least around here.
    Yep, I pulled my front plats last July, I figured if I’m paying for it already, why wait? OSHP will chase you across the state for a burnt out license plate bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post

And.. nothing..I'm gonna put two plates on front
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Blog Entries
    I believe the emphasis should start with prevention as in requiring passing a legitimate Written and Actual Driving Test every 3 years.
    If you cannot parallel park you cannot get a DL. Also no one else can "accompany you" when you take the Written Test.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Pulling the children card last ditch effort. Priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Blog Entries
    The area I live in only requires rear plates and the Traffic Cameras are very "successful".

Also there are numerous cases of areas shortening the Yellow Light when they install traffic cameras.

https://www.salon.com/2017/04/05/thi...ckets_partner/
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Pulling the children card last ditch effort. Priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Where’s the like button???

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    And.. nothing..I'm gonna put two plates on front
    Just roll with nothing on the car, maybe a “militia” plate on the back?

Quote Originally Posted by sailsmen View Post
    I believe the emphasis should start with prevention as in requiring passing a legitimate Written and Actual Driving Test every 3 years.
    If you cannot parallel park you cannot get a DL. Also no one else can "accompany you" when you take the Written Test.
    I agree with this 1000%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information