Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to a new Capitol Area Member

Exclamation Welcome to a new Capitol Area Member

We now have a new member in the area usgecko (Stuart) and his girfriend Nora are now living in Asburn, Va. Chris and I was lucky enough to finally meet Stuart and Nora this past Saturday, they drove to Frederick for a Cruise-In and we meet them there. We talked for a while and got to know one another, they are good people. I also was able to give Stuart a ride in K/B #8 and to say he was impressed I think would be an understatement. Let's just say he left thinking on how he could save up enough money to purchase a S/C kit.

Ok, back to the point of this Thread. We in the Capitol Area have been talking about having a meet this Summer, well? I would like to have one to welcome Stuart & Nora into the area and also to say farewell to Phil & Tasha since they want to move to Texas before the end of the Summer. I would also like to have the meet before Indy that leaves only two weekends open the 10 & 11 or the 17 & 18 of July or we can wait until after Indy, but then we are looking at August sometime.

Well how about it gang, it will give those going to Indy a chance to discuss plans of travel and those not going to possibly change their minds. We only have a couple of weeks to get this figured out for as many as possible to attend and to have Dash Plaques made.

Suggestions would be helpful on a place and date to meet.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    We now have a new member in the area usgecko (Stuart) and his girfriend Nora are now living in Asburn, Va. Chris and I was lucky enough to finally meet Stuart and Nora this past Saturday, they drove to Frederick for a Cruise-In and we meet them there. We talked for a while and got to know one another, they are good people. I also was able to give Stuart a ride in K/B #8 and to say he was impressed I think would be an understatement. Let's just say he left thinking on how he could save up enough money to purchase a S/C kit.

Ok, back to the point of this Thread. We in the Capitol Area have been talking about having a meet this Summer, well? I would like to have one to welcome Stuart & Nora into the area and also to say farewell to Phil & Tasha since they want to move to Texas before the end of the Summer. I would also like to have the meet before Indy that leaves only two weekends open the 10 & 11 or the 17 & 18 of July or we can wait until after Indy, but then we are looking at August sometime.

Well how about it gang, it will give those going to Indy a chance to discuss plans of travel and those not going to possibly change their minds. We only have a couple of weeks to get this figured out for as many as possible to attend and to have Dash Plaques made.

Suggestions would be helpful on a place and date to meet.
    Haggis,

I am up for this. I prefer 10 or 17 July; but could probably make the Sunday dates as well.

usgecko, welcome to the CAM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

17 July is out due to Tasha Racing (AGAIN!) at Mason Dixion.

BTW all Marauders are wilcome to attend. Just conntact the NVMC for details.

Other then that, a nice cook out at algonquian (sp?) park would be good.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

Quote Originally Posted by tstrat99
    Haggis,

I am up for this. I prefer 10 or 17 July; but could probably make the Sunday dates as well.

usgecko, welcome to the CAM.
    Oops, my bad. I have a conflict with July 17th. Company annual picnic.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Welcome to the new CAM member.......Enjoy!

Well, Dot will be in Denver from the 8th to the 18th. So, I'm up for either weekend but prefer the 10th or 11th, and will be alone. Saturday the 17th, I'll be on call, which has been easy money the past few months. That runs from 6AM to 2PM, so basically, I can make an afternoon meet that Saturday. The 18th is out as I'll be picking Dot up at the airport upon her return.

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

Haggis,
    JOan and I are available for July 10 or 11, but not for July 17, 18. Otherwise, I can't do it until after Aug. 10th.
    GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

July 17 is not a good date because I think Tasha will be running me down from the rear again at drag day . So any other date would be fine, but I need to check with the boss.

When somebody sets a date, I'll jump. Sundays are usually good. It sucks not having a 9-5 mon-fri job. Just set a date and I'll do my damndest to be there. The closer to Waldorf, the better chances I'll be able to show. However, I'll consider anything. It all just depends on my work schedule.
    2002 Lincoln LSE
    3.9 V8 5-speed automatic
    Born 4-12-02
    Purchased 2-20-05

2000 Lincoln LS Sport
    3.0 V6 5-speed manual
    Born 8-30-99
    Purchased 10-2-03

"Imports are like tampons, every ****y has one"

Thumbs up

Ok everyone how does a afternoon/evening Meet in the Annapolis area on July 10th sound. Does anyone know of a good restraunt in the area that could accommodate a dozen cars or so. I will check out some websites this weekend to see what I can find.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

I got another one

Sorry Haggis to derail your thread. Last night I took delivery of a 2004 Silver Birch with Dark Char. interior. I missed the 2003 too much. I had to do it. Besides with all the rebates I couldn't resist. I do notice the additional power over my 2003 however, plus the trac. control and heated seats are nice.
    2004 Marauder
    Black
    Dark Charcoal Interior

2006 Mustang GT
    Satin Silver
    Black Leather Int.
    5-Speed Auto Trans.

2003 Grand Marquis LSE
    Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mdmarauder
    Sorry Haggis to derail your thread. Last night I took delivery of a 2004 Silver Birch with Dark Char. interior. I missed the 2003 too much. I had to do it. Besides with all the rebates I couldn't resist. I do notice the additional power over my 2003 however, plus the trac. control and heated seats are nice.
    Welcome mdmarauder, hope to see you at the CAM meet in the works for 10 July in/near Annapolis.

Haggis,
    My experience with Annapolis downtown proper is that parking is a major problem. Finding space for one car is a chore -- for 12 is Mission Impossible. There is a parking garage in downtown. May have to do the "outskirts" of Annapolis to find a place with a lot and space for 12.

Either way, I'm in for a CAM meet.

Charlie/tstrat99
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Welcome back!!

I was wondering where you had gone.

Name the place, and we will do our best to get there.
    Gone, but not forgotten

A big welcome to mdmarauder! from your fellow CAM brethern.
    Regarding a restaurant in/near Annapolis, I would suggest Parole/RT 450 exit off of Route 50. There is a restaurant park right near Annapolis Mall -- Fuddrucker's, Red Lobster, and several other restaurants there. Plus, parking should NOT be a problem. If we were to meet for Early Dinner, say 4PM, then there will be NO parking problems. If we go to downtown Annapolis, then parking becomes a REAL problem regardless of the time of day -- mostly limited to going to a parking garage -- not my idea of fun. Food for thought!

GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

Hmmm....
    A couple of burnouts in a parking garage... with all that smoke, someone might call the fire dept.
    Gone, but not forgotten

WhooHoo!!!

Welcome back Al, I knew you couldn't stay away.

There is a restraunt in Arnold, Md. called "Deep CreeK Restaurant & Marina" has anyone heard of it or eaten there before? Here is a link.

http://www.deepcreekrestaurantandmarina.com/
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information