Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abs and vaps

Abs and vaps

After 2.5 years my ABS-Module from my Marauder 2003 the second time defective.
    The first time i had several DTC´s and the TC, the yellow ABS and the TC switch was glowing.
    After replace of the module, everything was okay. But since two days the yellow ABS indicator and the TC indicator illuminate again, but w/o the traction control switch. I connect the car with an IDS and get the DTC C1300 (ABS Pump Motor Circuit Failure) and C1897 (VAPS circuit failure).
    Can that be true, that i need after 30 Month the second module? It is dry sand no corrosion at the pins. In different Forums, i read that the VAPS get power from ABS Module, about the VSS.
    Can someone help me? I don´t want to change the module again, it is very expensive!!!!!
    Marauder 300A from 2003, one of two in Germany!
    #6020 of 7093
    2MEHM75V93X658764
    WITH LPG

An alternative is a company called Module masters here in the states, $200 and shipping, and a 5 year warranty.

I have had luck with the connectors having oxidation on them before, a little de-ox and they were working again. I am not 100% sure if the VAPS gets it's power from the ABS, I would need to research that, but I would say no, I believe it is on a separate circuit.

I would start with checking all connections, verifying power and ground to the circuits with a DVOM, then proceed from there, if both quit at the same time, I would lean towards a chafed wire or a bad power/ground circuit.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

company callused module sounds good. can you gimme a homepage or address, please?
    #6020 of 7093
    2MEHM75V93X658764
    WITH LPG

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    company callused module sounds good. can you gimme a homepage or address, please?
    I believe this is the place Darrin is talking about:

http://www.modulemaster.com/en/index.php

unfortunately there isn´t Mercury in the list!
    #6020 of 7093
    2MEHM75V93X658764
    WITH LPG

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    An alternative is a company called Module masters here in the states, $200 and shipping, and a 5 year warranty.

I have had luck with the connectors having oxidation on them before, a little de-ox and they were working again. I am not 100% sure if the VAPS gets it's power from the ABS, I would need to research that, but I would say no, I believe it is on a separate circuit.

I would start with checking all connections, verifying power and ground to the circuits with a DVOM, then proceed from there, if both quit at the same time, I would lean towards a chafed wire or a bad power/ground circuit.
    What is a DVOM ?
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    What is a DVOM ?
    Brought to you from Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimeter

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    unfortunately there isn´t Mercury in the list!
    They are not on the list, you need to call or email them, they WILL rebuild your module. I had them do a couple for me that "weren't on the list".

Good luck. I would seriously look for voltage or ground faults before changing parts.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

VAPS is combined in one module with the RAS. That module gets its power from fuse 114 in the BJB and fuse 16 in the cabin fuse box. Nothing to do with the ABS.

The ABS module gets power from fuses 118 and 106 in the BJB and also from fuses 14 and 11 in the cabin. It gets is signals from the 4 wheel speed sensors, not from the VSS.
    Last edited by RF Overlord; 12-25-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Without access to a WDS, you can try the following:

Disconnect the ABS control module connector and check for >10 volts between pin 13 and ground (earth) and between pin 14 and ground. You can also check for proper grounds resistance from pin 12 to ground and from pin 15 to ground. (should be <5 ohms). Note: these readings are all from the harness side, not on the module itself.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    They are not on the list, you need to call or email them, they WILL rebuild your module. I had them do a couple for me that "weren't on the list".

Good luck. I would seriously look for voltage or ground faults before changing parts.
    thank you, i wrote them a mail!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    Without access to a WDS, you can try the following:

Disconnect the ABS control module connector and check for >10 volts between pin 13 and ground (earth) and between pin 14 and ground. You can also check for proper grounds resistance from pin 12 to ground and from pin 15 to ground. (should be <5 ohms). Note: these readings are all from the harness side, not on the module itself.
    what means RAS? i have an IDS/VCM scanner, the told me this faults:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    #6020 of 7093
    2MEHM75V93X658764
    WITH LPG

RAS = Rear Air Suspension

Some of the codes in your screen shot make no sense and I can't find any info about them. One that DOES make sense is B1318 - RASM. That code mean Low Battery Voltage at the module. Combined with the versagt (failure) of the VAPS (which is the same module) points to some other electrical failure, possibly with the wiring. The FSM (factory service manual) also states that this code can be set by a battery in a low state of charge.

Check for >10V at pins 1, 15, and 16 (referenced to ground). Also check for <5 ohms of resistance between pin 6 (of the harness side) and ground with the harness disconnected.

C1897 is Steering VAPS Circuit Loop Failure. If you get everything else cleared and this remains, I can scan the test procedure and post it.
    Last edited by RF Overlord; 12-26-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

i´ll replace next week the HCU, because in the failure tree diagram shows the system, that C1300 is s defective ABS module or HCU module, may is the electric pump defective. but also i check every connectors and wirings. i´ll update you with the solution. thank you so much for help!
    #6020 of 7093
    2MEHM75V93X658764
    WITH LPG

Du bist herzlich willkommen, mein Freund.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

Du sprichst deutsch?
    Okay, komme gerne drauf zurück!
    #6020 of 7093
    2MEHM75V93X658764
    WITH LPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information