Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Upgrades

Looking For Upgrades

Alright so i'm about to have a few bucks to spend soon around 3500. I'm thinking about getting my eaton ported and getting a smaller pulley installed. Also probably going to get the venom cooler also. I probably want to end up getting the blower painted also either red or black. Okay so I'm also thinking about 4.10 gears and a 3500 torque converter and steel works headers with electric cutouts and borla mufflers. Just looking for any help and maybe advice on any of this and maybe suggestions for other upgrades. Also what exactly is needed to upgrade the eaton m112 to a whipple blower?
    Bought 01/21
    2003 Black Procharged

TOTALLED 12/14
    2003 Black eatonized
    "Darkness"

SOLD 07/13
    2003 Black

Soldier, I'd make a trip to see MartyO for some upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    Soldier, I'd make a trip to see MartyO for some upgrading.

I went and made an account over there and posted the same info so maybe i'll hear something soon thanks a lot though
    Bought 01/21
    2003 Black Procharged

TOTALLED 12/14
    2003 Black eatonized
    "Darkness"

SOLD 07/13
    2003 Black

Quote Originally Posted by lancejlove View Post
    Alright so i'm about to have a few bucks to spend soon around 3500. I'm thinking about getting my eaton ported and getting a smaller pulley installed. Also probably going to get the venom cooler also. I probably want to end up getting the blower painted also either red or black. Okay so I'm also thinking about 4.10 gears and a 3500 torque converter and steel works headers with electric cutouts and borla mufflers. Just looking for any help and maybe advice on any of this and maybe suggestions for other upgrades. Also what exactly is needed to upgrade the eaton m112 to a whipple blower?
    Ported Eaton, Smaller Pulley, Headers if you need them, if you get cut-outs then make sure they tack weld them where the screws go into the butterfly plates -that's where they always loosen up! Get a set of cover plates and leave them in your trunk in case you have a problem - learned that lesson

I would leave the trans converter and the borla mufflers alone. You dont need the converter with the low end grunt of the Eaton and with cut-outs you can be as loud as you want and then shut them up and go home-best of both worlds. Get a good tune.

Not sure how much money you will have left but if your motor is not built you will want to start saving now. With the mods you are going to make you will eventually need it.

Good luck and have fun!

Charlene

DOB -5/26/03
    # 7525 of 7838 for 2003
    She is # 261 of 417 -Silver Birch

Trilogy #188
    5.0 Lidio Stroker Motor
    466 HP/ 443 TQ
    "On a conservative 93 Octane tune!"

Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum
    RIP 8-6-2014
    I love you dad!

If you run your car hard much in the summer, I would think about adding a killer chiller to keep the intake charge cool.
    2003 MM
    1985 CJ7

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Bad Merc View Post
    Ported Eaton, Smaller Pulley, Headers if you need them, if you get cut-outs then make sure they tack weld them where the screws go into the butterfly plates -that's where they always loosen up! Get a set of cover plates and leave them in your trunk in case you have a problem - learned that lesson

I would leave the trans converter and the borla mufflers alone. You dont need the converter with the low end grunt of the Eaton and with cut-outs you can be as loud as you want and then shut them up and go home-best of both worlds. Get a good tune.

Not sure how much money you will have left but if your motor is not built you will want to start saving now. With the mods you are going to make you will eventually need it.

Good luck and have fun!
    Thanks a lot I didn't think about not needing the borlas since I was going with the cutouts. Now why exactly do you suggest I don't get the converter?
    Bought 01/21
    2003 Black Procharged

TOTALLED 12/14
    2003 Black eatonized
    "Darkness"

SOLD 07/13
    2003 Black

PM sent.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thanks a lot I didn't think about not needing the borlas since I was going with the cutouts. Now why exactly do you suggest I don't get the converter?
    The ported Eaton with smaller pulley and headers is going to make a ton of torque for you. With the converter (from what everyone has told me) it will be overkill and over power the tires. Invest in a good line loc or two stage for drag racing to get you out of the hole. That is what sherman and alot of the other fast marauders are using.

Now if you dont have a built motor and you turn up the wick -more supercharger PSI (smaller pulley, ported blower) you better have a good tune or your motor will pop. I went through one motor when I put the smaller pulley and headers on mine.

That is why If I were you instead of doing all this stuff I would go look for an aluminator or a built short block first with my money. Build your engine base first then add the rest. I know its not as great or cool as doing the other stuff but without it you will end up just wasting your money because the mods you are talking about doing really require a built lower motor to handle it.

Just my opinion and good luck.
    Last edited by 1 Bad Merc; 06-15-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Charlene

DOB -5/26/03
    # 7525 of 7838 for 2003

Trilogy #188
    5.0 Lidio Stroker Motor
    466 HP/ 443 TQ

Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum
    RIP 8-6-2014
    I love you dad!

The ported Eaton with smaller pulley and headers is going to make a ton of torque for you. With the converter (from what everyone has told me) it will be overkill and over power the tires. Invest in a good line loc or two stage for drag racing to get you out of the hole. That is what sherman and alot of the other fast marauders are using.

Now if you dont have a built motor and you turn up the wick -more supercharger PSI (smaller pulley, ported blower) you better have a good tune or your motor will pop. I went through one motor when I put the smaller pulley and headers on mine.

That is why If I were you instead of doing all this stuff I would go look for an aluminator or a built short block first with my money. Build your engine base first then add the rest. I know its not as great or cool as doing the other stuff but without it you will end up just wasting your money because the mods you are talking about doing really require a built lower motor to handle it.

Just my opinion and good luck.

All of this is blowing my mind! I don't know too much about all of this. Line locs and two stage? Yea I'll have to do some research on this. Maybe mos will just tell me everything. I looked around and a built block is like 3k correct me if I'm wrong.
    Bought 01/21
    2003 Black Procharged

TOTALLED 12/14
    2003 Black eatonized
    "Darkness"

SOLD 07/13
    2003 Black

All of this is blowing my mind! I don't know too much about all of this. Line locs and two stage? Yea I'll have to do some research on this. Maybe mos will just tell me everything. I looked around and a built block is like 3k correct me if I'm wrong.
    I believe you can get a built shortblock between $3-$4500. Go for the best one you can afford and I am sure Mo's can steer you in the right direction. (He does have one of the fastest Marauders out there! ). Once you get the shortblock done then look at the heads and possibly a set of cams. Also the fuel system will probably need to be upgraded, etc.

Start at the base and work your way up. Dont take the shortcuts as they end up costing you alot more money in the long term. I found this out the hard way

Good luck and I am sure you will make the right choices!
    Last edited by 1 Bad Merc; 06-15-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Charlene

DOB -5/26/03
    # 7525 of 7838 for 2003

Trilogy #188
    5.0 Lidio Stroker Motor
    466 HP/ 443 TQ

Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum
    RIP 8-6-2014
    I love you dad!

03-04 Cobra short block and mod away without fear. Plus they only run $1200 to $2000...

Hell, I bent five new Manley valves with four pistons and it barely scuffed them.. That would have been catastrophic on a MM block.

"Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I would also talk to the guys that are building these cars - Justbob, Mo's, Lidio, Sherman, Chris wright, Doom, Tallboy and Mike on MCM.

They will all give you ideas on how to proceed and will happily explain the pitfalls to steer clear of. That's one great thing about this website is that all the guys share their knowledge and are willing to help you out anyway they can.

That's why we call this a family and not a club

Charlene

DOB -5/26/03
    # 7525 of 7838 for 2003

Trilogy #188
    5.0 Lidio Stroker Motor
    466 HP/ 443 TQ

Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum
    RIP 8-6-2014
    I love you dad!

I would also talk to the guys that are building these cars - Justbob, Mo's, Lidio, Sherman, Chris wright, Doom, Tallboy and Mike on MCM.

They will all give you ideas on how to proceed and will happily explain the pitfalls to steer clear of. That's one great thing about this website is that all the guys share their knowledge and are willing to help you out anyway they can.

That's why we call this a family and not a club

I'll be glad to help in any way. The guys are pointing you in the right direction for sure. Marty will def take good care of you. He owns Mo's Speed Shop and goes by Martyo out here. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    03-04 Cobra short block and mod away without fear. Plus they only run $1200 to $2000...

Hell, I bent five new Manley valves with four pistons and it barely scuffed them.. That would have been catastrophic on a MM block.

"Since 2004"
    The best advice on here.. Had to learn the hard way myself. I bought a MMR Cobra S/B and now I'm not skeerd to push it to the limit. MOD away my brother!

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

"Since 2004"
    So I guess I'm be looking for a cobra short block now??? Guess I'll just do the exhaust and gears for now.
    Bought 01/21
    2003 Black Procharged

TOTALLED 12/14
    2003 Black eatonized
    "Darkness"

SOLD 07/13
    2003 Black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information