Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regional meet in Sept.

OK guys I am going to get this party started next week. Watch for more info. We will have a good time.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by johnkuhn View Post
    The Street Rod Nationals are in Kalamazoo Sept. 14 to 16 and would be a great event to build this around. Kalamazoo is only 40 miles from here and is a easy drive. What do you guys think? Let me know and I will dig further into this and can come up with plenty of things to do from winery tours and dune rides to farm tours plus many other things. We need to know how long you want to stay. I would consider it a privelage to host this event here in South Haven. We even have a Hampton Inn here!
    John, this will work as long as you don't expect to show our cars at the SRN. Strictly OLD cars there. Even my '63 is too new.
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Kirk I know about that. I am dreaming up another idea for a car show. Stay tuned as more to follow as I can come up with a little more time after this week. We have been crazy busy here at work as everyone wants to have there stuff done for the holiday weekend.
    [SIGPIC]

Forecast for snow?...

Here is a photo of John's "natural" refrigerator, in June!-

Most likely, by September, he will have to use his 120 volt powered refrigerator.

The Street Rod Nationals North, in Kalamazoo, is a huge event. If you are like me, when a car show gets too big, you learn to appreciate the smaller shows. September in Michigan is a crap-shoot, weather-wise.
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Just found out that the weekend of Sept 15 is out for us. My Sis-in-Law is getting Married.

KillJoy

I'm game and ready to go.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Ok guys heres the base plan, we go the the Street Rod Nationals on Friday and can fill in rest of the weekend by doing a wine tour, Visit Cranes Apple Farm, Go to Saugatuck and try out the dune rides and have a party at my house Sat. night. Anybody that wants to come early is welcome and we can find plenty to do. We could also go to the stock car races one night as we have a couple of good tracks near by. A visit to Gingerman Raceway is also possible. I need a head count of who is coming so I can make plans. All of these things are not a lot of money so plan on coming and have a good time.
    [SIGPIC]

I like sunsets, long walks on the beach, holding hands, oh...oh...wrong forum...never mind.
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Anything new on this??

Ok guys here the schedule for Sept.

Thursday Sept. 13 registration and free time.
    Friday Sept. 14 Go to the Street Rod Natinals in Kalamazoo Leave at 9.30 And come back to South Haven at 4 PM. It takes one hour travel time so we will get back about 5 PM.
    Go to Johns House Friday night for a cookout and drinks.
    Satuday we will go to Cranes Apple Orchard in the morning and do the Saugatuck Dune rides In the Afternoon. After the dune rides we will hang out in Saugatck for shopping and free time. Saugatuck is a great town.
    I hope to have the Hampton Inn hear in South Haven give us group rates and will post this tommorow. If you have Questions PM me or call me here at work 269 637 1994.
    [SIGPIC]

Need your help on this. There is only a few rooms avalable around town. It seems that weddings in South Haven in Sept. are taking all the rooms. Do you want me to continue trying to put this together or do we all go to Seymour Ind in Oct. and try for next year as I could get a block reserved if i do it a year in advance. Please let me know what you guys want me to do.

John
    [SIGPIC]

Need your help on this. There is only a few rooms avalable around town. It seems that weddings in South Haven in Sept. are taking all the rooms. Do you want me to continue trying to put this together or do we all go to Seymour Ind in Oct. and try for next year as I could get a block reserved if i do it a year in advance. Please let me know what you guys want me to do.

John
    This might be the right thing to do John.I would shoot for next year If getting rooms is going to be a problem.This could be a huge meet if the right time to have it can be found.Plenty of things to do for thr gear heads and plenty of shopping for the wifes.

Need your help on this. There is only a few rooms avalable around town. It seems that weddings in South Haven in Sept. are taking all the rooms
    Aren't the Street Rodders taking up the rooms, too?
    Last edited by GreekGod; 07-28-2007 at 06:53 AM.

ΓρεεκΓοδ

John, I'd like to make it out there but my folks will be in town. Next year sounds promising. But don't hold back if there are die hards out there.
    ______________________________ _______________
    2003 BLACK 300A 06/19/2002 Build 1665 of 7839

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information