Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General parts purchasing

General parts purchasing

Just wondering how you choose your parts purchases,

Cost, vendor, ford racing,Local auto shop

I've see all the places parts geek, rock auto, auto anything when looking for brake master cylinder and condenser.

Any favorites

I usually get mine from Rock Auto.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

i bought xpel headlight/fog light protective film from carid. shipped straight from xpel for $48. I think xpel site wants $69 or somewhere around that. i check multiple depending what it is. the numerous mustang performance sites, amazon, ebay,rock auto, summit, tascaparts.com, alot of them are on ebay . just depends if it a maintenance item or bigger performance purchase.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I use Rock Auto, Summit, Jegs and Amazon.

I'd use Rock Auto more if they made a Marauder magnet.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Rockauto has motorcraft condenser and receivers, dorman master cylinders

Summit, Advance, or Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Ford (Tasca Ford), Rock Auto, Oreilly Auto Parts, some carefully selected stuff from E-bay.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

For stock parts I usually go with Ford from one of the many online dealers. Good prices, and usually good quality too.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

What about the BAP?
    Straight from KB?

Was reading the theory of the BAP I didn't know there was a. Chip involved.

We have the dual cobra pumps, still one outlet hose and positive and negative wires going in.

duel pumps installed as a single pump

So here's the dumb question

Single or duel BAP?

Here at the shop we try to use local dealers for everything. We all need to remember that local is important. Who you deal with is your own choice but I sure prefer to have a person I trust and can count on when I need the right parts.
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

I do agree with local shops but not into auto zone, advance auto their staff here not too impressive. Orilliey has pretty good employees, I use them for our work trucks and daily drivers, went thru three radiators for a van the plastic sides kept leaking and three fuel pumps for the Yukon cheap air tech, bought a Bosch and that fixed it

I use ebay for most of my online purchases and Pep Boys for local. Pepboys.com also has a good "site to store" feature similar to Walmart and frequently offer 15% off parts if you order online. This past Presidents Day they had 25% off parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Curless View Post
    Here at the shop we try to use local dealers for everything. We all need to remember that local is important. Who you deal with is your own choice but I sure prefer to have a person I trust and can count on when I need the right parts.
    As the owner of a shop your local dealers probably support you with fair pricing, even if not at the level of the online dealers.

For the rest of us schmucks, if you walk into a dealer parts counter you're going to pay double or more what the parts should cost. I have tried to negotiate reasonable parts prices with them, in the end they were uncooperative and it just wasn't worth the hassle. Especially when they have to order the parts. Well, I can order them too. This at a local dealer I have spent about $10K over the past ten years on parts and service.

It is a two-way street doing business locally.
    Lifespeed

Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Quote Originally Posted by mm svt View Post
    I do agree with local shops but not into auto zone, advance auto their staff here not too impressive. Orilliey has pretty good employees, I use them for our work trucks and daily drivers, went thru three radiators for a van the plastic sides kept leaking and three fuel pumps for the Yukon cheap air tech, bought a Bosch and that fixed it
    And that is why I use OEM parts where appropriate: my time is valuable.
    Lifespeed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information