Thread: check engine lite

mark Guest

check engine lite

New marauder, 893 miles, check engine lite comes on , try gas cap , no problem. Then car will not shift out of 2, will only go to 45mph. Stopped at dealer, he said I could leave it and will look at it in the am.

I asked dealer if he would install 410s, service manager said if I did this mod, my entire drivetrain warranty would be null and void. I know others have said their dealer would install mods and still keep warranty, but how come each dealer has such a different answer, since they all are trained by Mercury, shouldn't they all have the same response.?

Your service manager is smoking crack, but ultimately if they are going to be pricks, I wouldn't let them touch your car, even if they're not right, they can still make your life miserable.

My dealer actually encouraged the gear change and I've heard dealers actually swapping the gears on cars that haven't even sold yet.

If your dealer is being a weiner, go somewhere else. Go to a speed shop (Better rates anyway) and get them done there.

A Ford dealer who sells/supports GT, SVT, Cobra, and Roush modified Mustangs would be a good place to go for Marauder Mods. Team Ford here in Marietta, GA does all the mods and warranty is not a problem where Ford parts are used.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

Thread Information