Thread: Ford Hurricane V8

Mach1 Guest

Ford Hurricane V8

Does anyone here have any details on the Ford Hurricane V8? I read that it is going to be an option in the 08 F150 and possibly an option in the next Crown Vic. Is it based on the Modular series or is it all new? I also read that Ford is considering basing the next Crown Vic on the Australian Falcon.
    Last edited by Mach1; 10-25-2006 at 03:17 PM.

I've heard rumors about it....all I have to say is I hope so

Where did you see the Crown Vic reference?

I saw plenty of truck references and a Mustang reference.

Here are a couple of brief mentions:

http://www.answers.com/topic/ford-hurricane-engine
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109773
    Dave

Mach1 Guest
    I knew this would be asked. The November Road and Track page 21 has an article about the next generation Mustang, at the very end of the article it states "This new rear drive architecture, which may be derived from the next Australian Falcon, could also spawn a sedan similar to the 427 concept for the US market" This car I am assuming would be the Crown Vic replacement.

Mach1 Guest
    Thanks for the links Agent M79. This engine looks like just what Ford really needs right now. Especially with gas prices going back down. An overhead cam, Ford large displacement engine is just what we need to get some respect from the Hemi boys. It sounds like it will be a larger bore OHC design, vs the square bore 4.6 or long stroke 5.4.

Mach-1,

Did I read you right, saying "now that gas prices are going down"? Sure they are going down, compared to last summer, but compared to two years ago, they are still sky high. In addition, don't expect the price to stay where it is now. OPEC is cutting production by a million barrels a day. You know what that means! Between fewer barrels a day, plus the need for heating oil in the frost belt, and people driving more once the weather warms up next spring, you can expect to see the price up above $3.00 and perhaps near $4.00 a gallon next summer.

Mach1 Guest
    ctrcbob. When it comes to gas prices, you may be right, or wrong. You can always buy the hybrid if you want! When it comes to automobiles, I am pro choice! I think if Ford wants to survive, they need an engine like the Hurricane...even if its just for bragging rights.

Ford, all along, should have been "borrowing" designs from FPV in Aust. I mean, sure they might look weird, but they pack a hell of a powerplant behind them. I mean, the F6 Typhoon puts of 270kW (roughly 360hp) V6 with a turbo, and 550nM (roughly 405 lb/ft). Slap one of them in a CV and see what happens, granted it's a V6 though.
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

Hurricane

The "Hurricane" program has been cancelled. The 6.2L engine is now the "Boss" program. It is still in the preliminary testing stages. How do I know, I see them testing everyday. Needless to say, due to proprietary rules, I will not give out any information. But that is where it stands as of now.
    2004 Marauder/ 1994 Thunderbird SuperCoupe/ 1983 Mustang GT

Mach1 Guest
    I like the BOSS name better than the Hurricane. Just think of the possibilities, F150 BOSS, BOSS 351 Mustang, BOSS 429 Marauder!!!! I did some searching and it looks like Ford is planning displacements of 5.8, 6.2 up to 7.0.
    Last edited by Mach1; 10-26-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raudermaster View Post
    Ford, all along, should have been "borrowing" designs from FPV in Aust. I mean, sure they might look weird, but they pack a hell of a powerplant behind them. I mean, the F6 Typhoon puts of 270kW (roughly 360hp) V6 with a turbo, and 550nM (roughly 405 lb/ft). Slap one of them in a CV and see what happens, granted it's a V6 though.
    Actually, the F6 Typhoon is powered by a I6, not a V6.
    God Bless our Troops
    God Bless the U.S.A.

Thread Information