Thread: Brake kit details finalized!

Arrow Brake kit details finalized!

Thanks to an interested party I have finally concluded the test fit of a wheel to the first stage of a brake kit for the Marauder.

I want to apologize to those who have called or emailed requesting more info on this kit for the past couple of months. I simply could not find a car here in Phoenix to work from for wheel fit work. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places....

Currently the only front kit for the car works out like this:

13.1 x 1.10 Directional rotors and the Billet Superlite Six Narrow body caliper. Cost $1225. This is the final fit of a couple of ideas. I expect to have the lesser priced 'base' kit in order shortly. (the caliper is not yet available)

The future plans for the larger 14" kit and its proper caliper are yet to be finalized as this too is a new caliper from Wilwood and won't be out for a month or two yet. However when done this kit will NOT fit the stock wheel. Thus it will be a special order kit only for those with more brake friendly wheels. As parts become avaialable I will be better able to tell you what space is needed.

For pics of the test fit parts please feel free to email and I'll pass them along.

I might add that the rears are not being neglected and I hope to get a chance to look them over very soon also for a matched look!
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

Todd,

I beleive I was one of the people, who never heard back or got a response. Glad to hear that you are still working on it. I'm looking for front and rear 13". Is the front set described above drilled or cast-in holes, slotted or plain? Will you be able to choose the same option for front and rear?

Thanks!
    300A Stock MM03 born on 6/25/2002 - sold June 2010!
    (owner from 8/26/2002 - June 2010)

- Production# 2003 of 7838
    - @17000miles 1/4 in 15.1s@93.3mph
    - 180 TStat
    - 235/50/18 on all four corners
    - Dyno tune by SCT (Jerry W.) on 04-03-04
    @ 260.7 hp/285.5 ft-lbs
    - Front and rear EBC brakes with SS lines
    - PHP upper & lower rear control arms
    - Metco C/F intake tube
    - Infinity speakers

Answers

The rotors can be had with gas slots, drilled, drilled and slotted, plated or not etc. It's all listed on the menu.

As for the holes, they are drilled like all rotors are. There are no 'cast in holes' in rotors. And no, not in Porsche/ Brembos either. That's a great urban myth.

Rears are still on the 'to do' list but if you are waiting to do them all at one sitting you'll be a while. And depriving yourself of the gains up front also....
    TCE

That sounds awesome, can't wait for the rears to be completed.
    I think I inquired about the 14" at one time, anyways I'm interested in the complete kit when available. Thanks.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

14s

I've not yet been able to finalize any fit of the 14" kits, the reason is that it will be an entirely different package. The current calipers will not properly fit a rotor over the 13.1 size.

The 'yet to be released' 14" kit will be a different caliper, anchor bracket and rotor. The fit will NOT clear the stock wheels in any way. The cost WILL be significantly higher than the current kits. This due not so much to diameter changes but to caliper and bracket. I sincerely doubt we'll be able to do this one for much under $1600. A lot of coin for an added inch....

I'll know more and post more on the rears as time goes by.

You might look to see some of the 13" kits on the Atlanta area VERY soon.....

Thanks.
    Last edited by Todd TCE; 10-15-2003 at 03:59 AM.
    TCE

I want to keep my stock rims, so I guess the 13's will do for me. I also want the rears to match, will wait to see what you have. Can you post some pictures of the test kit you have for the Marauder ? Sure would like to see what they look like. Thanks.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Send me an emal and I'll get them to you when I get back in town. AOL is just too slow!

I also sent them to Logan, so you may want to bug him. I asked him to put one on the home page or whatever he can do. I don't have them up on the web site yet as you know but hope to in the next week.
    TCE

Received the pics in my e-mail and I like the look, very aggressive.
    Hopefully the price of $1,225. holds up until you get the rear calipers done. Looking forward to them. Thanks again Todd.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Thread Information