Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauder and 03 cvpi bumper exchange

Marauder and 03 cvpi bumper exchange

Hi all, can anyone tell me whether or not a marauder front bumper would fit on a 03 crown vic without changing the header panel and headlights or should I consider (drilling the holes myself).

Consider buying a MM.
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Not again!!!!!!

Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

uh oh I may have started something here. lol Before the flaming begins im not trying to make a clone I repeat not trying to clone a marauder. Im not asking for trouble. I just wanted some fog lights for my cvpi.

Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

Rich,
    That product looks nice, but a MM bumper just to add fog lights would look far better.

As I said in another post...
    My brother had a 1983 Cougar and he put the bumper from an 1987 Super Coupe on it. Clone wannabe? No, it had functional scoop & fog light holes.
    The same (fog light holes) could be said about the MM bumper on any other panther.
    <!-- / message -->
    <!-- controls -->
    Tom
    This one is for sale:
    2000 GM-LS-HPP & DOHC!
    Finally, did the 1/4mile.

Finally bought a Marauder #2,385
    205,000 miles and did rear spring conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Vicman View Post
    Hi all, can anyone tell me whether or not a marauder front bumper would fit on a 03 crown vic without changing the header panel and headlights or should I consider (drilling the holes myself).
    The answer is yes. But you should know the front cover is $1335.00 from Ford and the header panel will also fit. Mine just got replaced from a recent accident. P.S. lets not let someones MM come up missing!

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    There may be some behind bumper cover pieces that are slightly different too.

It's a lot of money just for Fog lights. Try a search on eBay I think there are aftermarket Marauder covers for less.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep all of your replies in mind.

I have also considered addiing a MM bumper cover to my CV Sport just for the fog lights. I need to replace my bumper cover anyway, so the cost shouldn't be a problem.
    But I've heard that everything had to be converted to MM parts. The header panel, the grille, the headlights, and the cornering lights. I don't need to replace all of that on my car. Does anyone know for sure ? Has it been done?
    My daily driver: '04 DTR Crown Vic Sport !

Wahr wahr My little DTR

I'm gonna turn it on
    Wind it up
    Blow it out
    D T R

Hmm, $1400 bumper for fog lights, or $200 max for fog light's and find a spot yourself? Get the Sylvania Xenarc's. I had them on my old '95 CV, of course I didn't do a good job mounting them for long term use. I WAS going to have them like the Aero GM's have, with the turn signals embedded in the bumper, but I found the MM before, so I didn't bother doing that. IIRC the Xenarc's were great when they came out, unfortunately they were about $1k for the whole set, maybe more. Sylvania dropped production, and whatever they had left for backstock, sold for whatever profit they could to smaller shops. I found mine on suvlights.com. They might have some left.
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Last edited by RCSignals; 10-05-2007 at 11:05 AM.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

From what I have seen and read, the answer is, NO. Because of the design of the bumper and grille. Compare the two front ends.
    Ryan #1

*2009 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor*

Ex Kirkland,WA Police
    Dark Blue Metallic/Dark Charcoal interior (NOT Dark Blue Pearl )
    Bumper tuck mod
    LED CHMSL mod
    New OEM 17" Wheelcovers
    Ford TripTunes Auxiliary port Input radio kit
    Crown Victoria LX Auto-dim review mirror

Fwiw...

I was looking at a 2008 Grand Marquis and noticed it had optional fog lights.
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGod View Post
    I was looking at a 2008 Grand Marquis and noticed it had optional fog lights.
    Mercury started that in 2006, my fathers '06 GM has fog lights. I don't know if bumper will fit with the older grill though.
    Last edited by larryo340; 10-06-2007 at 12:23 PM.

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information