Thread: Documentation 69-70

Documentation 69-70

Hello y'all
    I'm trying to document how the 69-70 marauder x100 where built. With that said I would like any pictures of 69-70 marauders. I have a 69 x100, that was put away in 77. Unfortunately in the oddity that is Texas weather, the car quite bit of rusty. So the factory markings are gone on the suspension.
    So if you have an original 69-70 marauder that hasn't been restored, if you could send me pictures of the suspension/429 marking if it still has them.

Thanks
    Rowe

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Rowe View Post
    Hello y'all
    I'm trying to document how the 69-70 marauder x100 where built. With that said I would like any pictures of 69-70 marauders. I have a 69 x100, that was put away in 77. Unfortunately in the oddity that is Texas weather, the car quite bit of rusty. So the factory markings are gone on the suspension.
    So if you have an original 69-70 marauder that hasn't been restored, if you could send me pictures of the suspension/429 marking if it still has them.

Thanks
    Rowe
    I have a '70 X-100. Color was changed and engine compartment cleaned up some before I bought it. Also has new shocks and engine rebuilt. Original interior and trunk. I also have the original build sheet but I'm not sure if suspension is one of the items on it. I am not familiar with the markings you are referring to. If under the car, I can't get there at the present time. If your car is an X-100 it should have an "N" for the engine in the vin code. There is a member on mercurymarauder.org that knows a lot more about them than I do.

Rust never sleeps
    BW

Thank you for responding to my message. I have the Marti Report showing that it's a x100. On top of that the car has it's original v-belts and tires (she was put away in 77 and hasn't seen the sun light until 2016). I will have to try out the .org site and see what happens!

What I am trying to do is find the assembly markings that the factory would put on the car as it was going down the assembly line. [For example the drive shaft should have three or four strips on it] So far the only thing I've been able to recover is a big orange strip on the front/ out side of the frame. (I would post a picture, but I can't seem to figure out how). If your 70 x100 has any of the factory markings still, I would be happy if you could share them! I'm hoping by the time I'm done with my car I can make a pdf, for anyone that wants to build there x100 like it was built on the assembly line.

Sent you a pm.

Thread Information