Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got back from looking at the 61,000 blue Marauder

Just got back from looking at the 61,000 blue Marauder

This was in another thread that was locked for some reason.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/d...551749861.html

Fast car, good leather, fat new tires and a supercharger.

They are holding close to their asking price. Turned down my offer.

If anyone that is thinking about buying the car and would like more details PM me. I would be happy to share.

Oh yeah. I also have the Carfax I'd be willing to share. Nothing bad to report.

Many heard it had been sold, Wonder if that fell thru or waiting on funds type thing.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Many heard it had been sold, Wonder if that fell thru or waiting on funds type thing.

It's still there. Drove it a few hours ago.

I think the price is pretty fair.
    2004 Silver Birch; Sold in 2009
    Trilogy #73, 410's, K&N Air Intake, Widen Rear Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Balanced Driveshaft
    415 RWHP, 436 RWTQ; Best time 12.9
    Kenwood Audio, Signal Mirrors, GodsHead Badges on front and back

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslim1 View Post
    I think the price is pretty fair.
    It may very well be. Just more than I wanted to pay.

They are asking less for their 61k DPB with SuperCharger than I would sell my 91k DPB non supercharger. ��

I don’t like the interior color at all .... but wish that was in California.
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

There is plenty wrong with it too. Just not going to trash it in the public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrip View Post
    There is plenty wrong with it too. Just not going to trash it in the public forum.

Why’s that? Your just sharing info for the rest that aren’t as fortunate to be as close as you are. Nothing that isn’t visible for the public to see anyways.

A lot of members on here have purchased site unseen and plenty of others have trusted another member to view it for them and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by gdsqdcr View Post

I don’t like the interior color at all ....

Please do tell!.. Pm me if you want.. But you go to drive that ar and we are all interested in your observations.

I'm two clicks away from funding that sale.. Waiting on freight Quote to Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Why’s that? Your just sharing info for the rest that aren’t as fortunate to be as close as you are. Nothing that isn’t visible for the public to see anyways.

A lot of members on here have purchased site unseen and plenty of others have trusted another member to view it for them and report back.

OK. Well here are my opinions and facts on it.

First thing I noticed was the paint. Car looks to be repainted. Was told that the clear coat was peeling and they had it re-cleared. In my opinion the the entire car has been repainted and it looks like someone did it outside. Car was dusty but could still see a lot of trash in the paint. Lots of orange peel and blue overspray on some trim parts. I'd be embarrassed to show this car but that's just me. Was told that they did not repaint it but then we agreed the "previous owner" must have had it resprayed.

Car started right up but had a whistle at idle was told that was the supercharger. I have no knowledge about this particular supercharger. Whistle went away when given gas. A/C blew cold and everything seemed to work with the EATC. Car was left running for a few minutes while we talked. Car has a slight oil leak when running. Was told that the sending unit was replaced and that was just some residual oil from the work done. Had a stutter when throttled while idleing. Was told that the car has a hesitation when driving but "just needs to be driven". So I did.

Car is fast. Of course I am mostly comparing to mine. At a right turn at the first intersection I slightly pulled out in front of traffic but knew I had plenty of power so I went anyways, gave it some gas at about 15mph and spun the tires easily. Car rides nice. Didn't try any of the cruise or test out the radio. Radio is a Double Din and to me looks like an older touchsreeen. Screen looks faded out and has a 1/4" of space above it. Turned it around to go back and stomped on it at about 30mph and nothing...let off throttle, gave it some gas and the car went. Tried it again and same thing happened. This time I held the gas down and it finally went. Car does have a bad hesitation but maybe this is just a tuning thing with the car. I don't know.

Returned the car and asked what I thought. I told him about the hesitation but was told again that "It just needs to be driven". In my opinion this car has been ran hard and neglected for many of those 61,000 miles.

Looked under the car one more time and car was leaking water after shut down from the front left near the radiator. Showed him he just shrugged it off.

Was told a couple stories about the previous owner and how they got the car. They also have his Dodge Viper he apparently neglected and left outside under an Oak tree. This story looked to be true as the paint was peeling and had leaves in the intake grills. We hem hawed around and he asked me if I wanted to make an offer. I did and he said I was too far away and that they turned down a $10,000 offer before. I then offered to match $10,000 and he said no. In hindsight I am glad he didn't take it.

By this time he was done with me and began returning motorcycles to their covered showroom because of the oncoming rain. He also took the Marauder in there. Maybe didn't want to get it wet since the dust covered most of the imperfection in the paint.

This car needs some TLC. In my opinion would make a great race car but not something I would want to take to a Cruise-in. Most people would be impressed at first but upon closer look they would see what I saw. Blue Pearl coat? Maybe, maybe not. Too hard to tell. Interior does look decent and it has new tires. Oh yea, and its fast when it wants to be.

Maybe it's still a good buy to the right person but not for me.

Thanks for that..Sounds like I thought too good to be true.. A future money pit.. I'm out

Very interesting to read someone’s impressions of the car.

Yes, thanks for that. Depending on the paint it sounds like he is asking a very fair price to me. You simply can’t expect it to be perfect at that price, being a blue, low miles, and S/C’d.

Paint might be addressed with a good buff? Oil and water could both be the oil filter adaptor gasket. The whistle is normal. The hesitation? Could simply be a dirty MAF?

Thanks for reporting.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information