Thread: What did you do to your car today?

LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by 03Merc View Post
    Sheesh. Mine work great. Plug n play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No clearance issues with the fan assemblies then.

On the Sprint, the rubber rear weather seals had to be cut for the fans to protrude. Turn the key on and it sounded like the main cooling fan had switched on, only slightly quieter. The lighting looked brilliant coming at observers but was clearly worse when riding the bike.

Low beams actually had a smaller pattern afterwards and the high beam still didn't project a discernible pattern. Triumph dropped the ball with that projector design and went back to H7 reflectors on the next design (Sprint GT). When reverting back to the H7 halogens, a new set of weather seals with the intermediate wiring harness built in was $41 plus tax (whew!).

Just followed this thread back 6 months - an interesting read.
    Last edited by Invective; 04-12-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimrepairman View Post
    I have almost a complete second car worth of parts. I don't drive mine enough for it to break anything. Maybe I'll finally do my motor mounts and drive it this year. I want to see if it can keep up with the marauder.

I never personally dealt with the SHO shop, the cars previous owner had it built. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

How far have you gotten with doing a turbo? I thought about changing my car to a turbo. The Vortec is really loud at idle and makes it less of a sleeper.

I had a Vortech on mine previously, I should have stuck with it. I had everything that was needed for the turbo minus figuring out what I wanted to do with the manifolds. I was going to run a MTX 3.2L long block with 9.2:1 compression but sold it locally. I ended up selling the majority of the parts I had for it on the SHO Forum to get another project rolling. That was a nightmare in itself, dishonest people had ruined the motivation I had for the build.

At one time there was a decent turbo kit being offered for the SHO at a reasonable price. I still have a few stock MTX motors, and random parts. I do have the original Cincy SHO 2.5" Fiberglass Cowl Hood that is unpainted and never installed. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I ended up taking a bunch of my SHO parts and making tables and stuff in my theater/bar at home just to get some use out of the parts I had collecting dust.
    2003 300A
    Build date 9/27/02
    Sequence# 5244 of 7839
    I have a few things done to it, Eaton swap next!
    1993 Ford Taurus SHO-Every bolt on available...Awaiting a Turbo
    2008 Ford F350 SD
    1974 Ford F350 SCS
    2011 Ford Flex Titanium, Ecoboost
    www.cardomain.com/id/shofast
    If you don't stand behind our troops; please feel free to stand in front of them!

I can sympathize. It's a miracle if I can get people to show up to look at parts for sale. I keep threatening to sell the car, but it's in nice shape and I like to have different stuff. I'm leaving the vortec unless I have lots of extra time and money. Too many other projects. If you are ever in the area, feel free to come check it out.

SB Marauder for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by NXSBOB View Post
    How would you know what I have or have not?

Installed winter floor mats today.
    I found it interesting my reply to your current 'car for sale' thread was blocked 'awaiting moderator's approval'?!?! I made a positive comment about the car and the current Marauder market in general.

Is it just me or a new rule in effect about replying to the 'cars for sale' thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    I found it interesting my reply to your current 'car for sale' thread was blocked 'awaiting moderator's approval'?!?! I made a positive comment about the car and the current Marauder market in general.

Is it just me or a new rule in effect about replying to the 'cars for sale' thread?
    It is the moderators of this of this web site that approve/disapprove everyone's posts, not me.

I can sympathize. It's a miracle if I can get people to show up to look at parts for sale. I keep threatening to sell the car, but it's in nice shape and I like to have different stuff. I'm leaving the vortec unless I have lots of extra time and money. Too many other projects. If you are ever in the area, feel free to come check it out.

I'm the same way, I don't like to be driving the same thing as anyone else. I haven't driven a V6 SHO in about 10 years now. I do miss driving them and doing a 3rd gear pull on the interstate when the secondary's open! My favorite sound ever!
    2003 300A
    Build date 9/27/02
    Sequence# 5244 of 7839
    2008 Ford F350 SD
    1974 Ford F350 SCS
    If you don't stand behind our troops; please feel free to stand in front of them!

It's hilarious to take to the track. My brother was in the stands and heard someone say "who races a Taurus?". And then I smoked the tires in first and second off the line. The secondary noise is also one of my favorite sounds ever, and specifically why I got my own SHO. But I had to be cooler than my friends and get a supercharged one. And I can't hear the secondarys over the supercharger. Hooray for me. Still love the seats though.

Sorry to anyone else for mildly derailing the thread. I did look at my marauder today if that helps. Died a little inside cuz it's sooooooooooooo dirty. I hate having to keep my cars outside.

Finally was able to wash the Silver Birch. Was a loooooooooooooooong winter.
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

Didn't take an after pic but engine is in long block and cams are degreed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Oh, winter ended by you? Lucky bugger. We still have salt in the roads.
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

It might possibly be done snowing here. Seemed like it was never going to end. I feel your pain, my older brother was living in NY, moved up there because he couldn't afford a farm here or in PA. Used to snow or drift in every day at his first place. Then he moved further north. No thank you.

Having insurance put collision coverage back on the car.
    They will also be be dropping off my new vanity plate.

It's hilarious to take to the track. My brother was in the stands and heard someone say "who races a Taurus?". And then I smoked the tires in first and second off the line. The secondary noise is also one of my favorite sounds ever, and specifically why I got my own SHO. But I had to be cooler than my friends and get a supercharged one. And I can't hear the secondarys over the supercharger. Hooray for me. Still love the seats though.

Sorry to anyone else for mildly derailing the thread. I did look at my marauder today if that helps. Died a little inside cuz it's sooooooooooooo dirty. I hate having to keep my cars outside.

The thread is in the lounge area anyway. My wife refuses to let me buy any more SHO's. Ive never been able to keep one stock and they are by far the hardest cars to get good parts for that I've ever owned. Nothing is ever cheap either when it breaks. What PSI are you running?

On the topic, I did start my Marauder yesterday. It needs a bath and polish that is for sure.
    2003 300A
    Build date 9/27/02
    Sequence# 5244 of 7839
    2008 Ford F350 SD
    1974 Ford F350 SCS

Between 10 and 12. Hard to keep an eye on the gauge and the car on the road. Has aluminum subframe bushings, would like to do something else to tame the torque steer. I try to use only ford parts if I can find them. I know after market ball joint/ lower control arms aren't as heavy duty as the original sho equipment. They love to eat wheel bearings. Alternators too.

I went and picked up my Marauder's new owner at the Charleston Airport yesterday afternoon and today she is on her way to her new home!!

Kinda melancholy today.........
    No Marauder

Page 521 of 623 FirstFirst ... 21421471511514515516517518519520521522523524525526527528531571621 ... LastLast

Thread Information