Thread: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Caliper Kit

NEW: TCE/Wilwood Caliper Kit

Some time ago I was asked to produce a fixed mount caliper kit option for a guy who was doing one of the hybrid cross fit builds using the CV front clip in his F100. So....I did. And I've no finalized the parts and build sheet for all CV and MM owners how may be looking for such a kit.

This kit uses a new Wilwood FNSL6, radial mount, six pot caliper with a larger total area. It's readily available in both black and red powder coat finish and uses the popular 7416 brake pad offering a plethora of compound options.

* To clarify this is for the stock size CV/MM 12" front rotor. Any brand, any style, any finish etc.

Bolt on is, to an extent like the BBK, a bit of a chore in that yes some material must be ground from the massive aluminum casting FoMoCo has supplied us with. This is not of course intentional....it's simply a matter of trying to fit 10lbs of you know what in a 5lb can. The smaller rotor lowers the mount height of the caliper and we cannot compromise the bracket so you'll have no choice but to take some from the knuckle.

Aside from that the final fit is quite simple: bolt on the bracket, adjust the caliper centering if necessary with the supplied ss shims and slip the caliper down onto the studs. Check the pad fit to the edge of the rotor and adjust shim if required on the stud. Torque the supplied M14 hardware and cap nuts on the studs to spec. Lastly fit the ss flex hose kit as you would on our BBKs.

The kits are sold as a generic kit for the CV guys and two options are available for the MM owners: 1. The ss flex line kit, and 2. The required 3/16" wheel spacer. Yes that's correct you'll need that with your stock wheels for the spokes to clear. This remains wider than the TCE 13 and 14" BBK due to the shallower offset of the rotor hat...ain't nothin' I can do about that. But....if you have alternate wheels are are using this on another build fitment may vary. *It should be said that I have not yet check stud length for this, however I believe them to be quit long now.

Base kits will run $989
    Hose kits $50
    Wheel spacer kit $30

Brackets are back from Anodizing today. Both red and black calipers are now in stock.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Todd TCE; 06-21-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

Very nice Todd. How does this compare to your original Big Brake Kit?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Very nice Todd. How does this compare to your original Big Brake Kit?

It's $6-700 or so less. Other than that it's not intended to compare really, it's simply a more affordable alternative for those who want fixed mount, six pot, red calipers on a budget.
    TCE

* Forgot to mention; we softened the radius at the ends a bit so there's less material to remove from the knuckle. Brackets are out for anodizing right now or I'd post up a pic.

SPECIAL OFFER

MM.net special: $1000 to the door. Black or Red

Two FNSL6 calipers, brackets, BP10 pads, bracket kit, flex hose kit, wheel spacer kit, and hardware.

Offer good through July 20th, US delivery only

TCE

what size diameter rotors are being used....stock MM ones?
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

^^^^Rotor size please^^^^

Sorry guys I thought this was very obvious; it's a caliper kit for your stock rotor.
    TCE

Additional wheel clearance info:

Stick a steel ruler between the spokes, against the rotor, at the outer edge and measure the pocket or gap.

You'll need 1.79" plus an air gap. Call it just under 2" of clearance.

Thus by my data you'll be short about 3/16 to do so.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TCE

While the number of brake options available from TCE for the Marauder is amazing, the 14" two-piece rotor with the Aero6 caliper is the gold standard for performance and low maintenance IMHO.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Thanks! I think that's a fair assessment. However given the wheel packaging constraints the 14" FNSL6 remains probably the most viable for the average owner.

This new 'kit' is simply one more option for those on a budget. Overall in fact the full line of TCE, and now Wilwood factory (copy) kits is truly focused more on the aftermarket hot rod guys with their truck conversions and such. Say it ain't so...but it is. And like the full on kits this one is also. Doesn't mean a MM owner cannot have some fun too tho.

Asked if it will fit a 17" steel wheel? No. 17" wheels with proper spoke design only.

TCE

Couple of emails and PMs about these but I'm honestly surprised...no takers. I figured hte budget conscience buyers might jump on this one. Looks that the MM owners are all pretty set on the stock wheels and no spacer is my best guess?
    TCE

Exceptional value at a great price hands down. Professional engineered fitment. Six piston griping force. Easy pezy installation. You get to keep stock rotor size & wheels. A variety of brake pad compounds can be had. Good looking big brakes icing on the cake. This is how the Marauder brakes should have come from the factory. TKS Todd
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Thread Information