Okay all you new heavy metal owners, listen up:

SSHS2 at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce Georgia is ON November 9th!!!

This competition between examples of the latest and finest American Heavy Metal, V-8, Rear Wheel Drive Muscle will pit the best of the Bowties and Blue Oval/Wingfoot crowds head to head for some all-day, good ol' fashion, down and dirty "eat my dust" racing.

In order to live up to the event name, WE NEED YOU to attend! And the more of you the better. It will be just as the name implies - Super Heavy Shootout - read: no front wheel drive pos's or rice-burners. It's our track, all day. A classic slugfest of mine's 'bigger and better' than yours.

I could sit here and throw insults, flames, and the like, but it's not my style. I think it is pretty much accepted by all that the new vehicle your driving just don't have the stones out of the factory to keep up, especially with regards to low-end grunt. I doubt seriously that will last for long once y'all get clicked-on to the aftermaket community (and recover from those new car payments - nyuk, nyuk, nyuk,nyuk).

However, based on a post I just read, you think you might be able to edge out an SS at the end of the quartermile. COME PROVE IT! Talk is cheap and win lights/time slips get the free beer.

You can have it two ways: heads-up, or beat/break the clock. I can promise you there will be plenty of BONE STOCK Impala SS's there for you to pick on; low AND high mileage types to choose from.

But don't verbally beat what you have to death - come to the track and show us whachagot

Seriously - we would love to have you join us. Your Marauder is one very fine looking automobile. We need you at the track to show this country that there is still a market for "American Made, V-8, Rear Wheel Drive, Heavy Metal". So come make a visual statement at the very least and give it your best shot 'legally' down the quartermile. Be the first to blow away a law enforcement type in his Clown Vic without getting spread-eagled, handcuffed and hauled away with points against your drivers license.

Fish or cut bait boys and girls. Either way, you'll blend quite nicely and your participation will be greatly appreciated and noticed by all.

BTW - if running down the dragstrip is not your cup o' tea, can you spell M-O-T-E-L P-A-R-K-I-N-G-L-O-T B-U-R-N-O-U-T C-O-M-P-E-T-I-T-I-O-N??? I'm sure a Marauder can at least do a burnout, can't it? Just never seen it done

(jeez, did I say that? - I'll neither confirm or deny)

WE NEED YOU!!!! We really hope to see you there. Come play.

doug & SStella
Georgia Super Sport Impala Team VP
1995 Impala SS / BBHP T56 6-speed conversion #37

'Come kick MY butt - please - or at least TRY'