Thread: Aviators at Pullapart, B'ham AL

Aviators at Pullapart, B'ham AL

Today, while looking for items at the Birmingham Pullapart for a recently purchased 90 Aerostar cargo van, I came across two Lincoln Aviators, one an '03 and the other an '04. The engines in each at this time do not seem to have been molested or opened.
    I was short on time, trying to cover all the Fords products before the place closed, so I didn't dwell too long on them. Just want to put this out there so anyone in the area can get a shot at them while the engines seem complete.

I was just offered to buy a black/gray one for $1000 from a local buy-here dealer. Loud startup noise. Seems like a lot of labor to pull an engine with too many what-ifs.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

According to Pullapart website, 8 cylinder engines with accessories are base price of $179.95, environmental fee of $5.40 and a core charge of $55.00. I believe the tax rate is 10% there, so the total without a core should be $264.39. That would be a reasonable price for an engine you could rebuild, isn't it? (if you have a busted block)

Dayum!!! If that was the case here I'd buy a 12 pack of them and get to it with a Sawzall.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Thread Information