Thread: 2003 Mercury Marauder / race magnums, K&N cold air kit and lot of new parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rook Guest

2003 Mercury Marauder / race magnums, K&N cold air kit and lot of new parts

For sale is a 2003 Mercury Marauder, VIN 2MEHM75V33X636839. The car still as the original motor and trans and has about 139K on it right now.

I bought this car back in 2005 and it was my daily driver until last year. I loved the car but it was time for something new. I have no use for it anymore and have not really driven it for about a year. So, it's time to put it up for sale.

The car runs and drives perfectly. The interior is in very good condition and there are tears or rips anywhere. It is extremely clean in and out, including the motor. The paint is very nice overall but there are a couple of SMALL spots and some SMALL paint only (not the actual bumper) cracks on the front and rear bumpers. They can't be seen unless you really look close but I don't want anyone to have any surprises. Overall it looks very nice. The wheels do show some wear from use but are still in OK shape.

In the last year I have replaced the ac condenser, the mass air meter, and three ignition coils. The axle was rebuilt in February 2009 at which time I replaced the axle shafts, all bearings, seals, etc. I also replaced the front hubs and brakes at the time. The car had about 120K when that work was done. In January of 2010 I replaced the waterpump and put in a new raditor hose and thermostat to be safe.

The air suspension had to go. After replacing the controller several times, the bags, the lines, etc. I decided to convert the car to standard rear springs. It was the best decision I made on this car and it now rides very nice with no problems. The only bad part is there is a little light on the dash for air suspension problems that lights up all the time. I just covered it with a small piece of tape.

I replaced that in 2009 with a new heater control and it works great. The AC blows cold in the summer as well. All other interior items work.

I did add a few aftermarket items to the car. It has a K&N cold air intake system and Dynomax race magnum mufflers. It is still relatively quiet but does sound nice when you get on it. The rear windows are tinted and the car also has an Alpine head unit. It does have the nicer stereo stock that already has a subwoofer and they sound very good with the head unit.

The car has a clean title with no lein. If you run a carfax there are a couple of small accidents I was in, one in which the rear bumper was replaced and another in which got hit by a baseball size rock that fell off a truck on the highway. Before I bought the car, it was in an accident in which the front bumper, hood, and one fender were replaced. I saw the car before it was fixed and it was not that bad; the carfax says something like "very severe damage." Again, it was not that bad and was not totaled or anything. Like I said the title is clean. I'm not trying to mention negative things to scare you away, I just want to make sure potential new buyers know everything I know about the car.

I have all the records and receipts for any repairs described above. In addition, all regular maintenance was performed by myself and the car has had Mobil One oil changes every 4-5K since I have owned it. I got the car with around 30K miles.

I am asking $8,500 OBO for the car. Please call Mike at 734-323-66 five four if interested. I am open to trades (not for another Marauder) but not for junk. I would also do a partial trade plus cash if anyone wants to trade for an 03/04 Mustang Cobra or a C6 vette.
    Attached Images Attached Images

rook Guest
    don't log in often either, so please call if interested

Thread Information