Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: that one Procharged build thread *picture heavy updates*

I hope you used a new bearing to press on for final assembly after you determined your shim thickness. If not, that race is going to spin on the pinion while driving and ruin the gear set, as well as everything else in the axle in no time.

Oh of course, I forgot to mention that. This bearing is strictly for fitting the pinion shims to save me hours total.

Quote Originally Posted by minimarine09 View Post
    Yup! That was most likely me, I drive all over Tampa but I live in northdale, so you probably caught me on my way home. For sure, once I'm up and running we can figure something out. Is there a Tampa marauder club or anything?
    Not that I know of. There are a few guys here and there around the bay area, but no meet ups or clubs as far as I know. You're pretty handy with a set of tools. If I ever need any mechanical advice, I know who I'm callin on haha. By the time you get done with this, you'll know the car inside and out.
    2003 Black 300A
    Adopted: 4/26/14

Mods:
    Mo's Tune - K&N CAI - 4.10 FOMOCO gears - Reische 170* T-stat - NGK TR6 Plugs - Flowmaster 40s - MuscleMerc's 3" Fuel Filter Mod - Addco Front and Rear Sway Bars - TCE SS Brake Lines - Cooper RS3-G1 - Factory Spoiler - SS Bumper Inserts

Lol I know right? I like knowing though, that way there are less questions wondering in my head lol.

Before anything else, is there a representative from thump racing on here?

Anyways

Ok so little update, finally finished the rear end, got my rod in, or the last piston /rod into the block and started throwing the heads on.

Cleaning up the rockers and installing them, only "special tool" I used was a flat head... Lol

I ran into an issue where the crank sprocket with the timing kit didn't have a boss/offset one one side, which would cause the trigger wheel to hit the chain. Just ended up getting a new one from ford.

So now it's time to degree the cams. I have the a bunch of the special tools to hold the cams and whatnot, but completely forgot about a degreeing wheel, and a TDC piston stop. Thank God for printers and cardboard! Lol

I'm currently making a piston stop tool aswell -
    To be continued...
    Last edited by minimarine09; 12-30-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Thumbs up

It's very interesting to follow your build progress. Thoroughly enjoy the commentary and photos. Surprising how much you can learn from a thread like this

Thank You for sharing.
    2004 Mercury Marauder - Silver Birch
    2003 Mercury Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Aspen Green
    2002 Ford F150 Crew Cab - Silver Metallic
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 - Vermillion Red - Silver Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaday View Post
    It's very interesting to follow your build progress. Thoroughly enjoy the commentary and photos. Surprising how much you can learn from a thread like this

Thank You for sharing.
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I'm learning some as I go aswell. It's hard to get progress fairly quick since I only work on it for a few hours a day, and don't have access to it on weekends. It's a slow process but it's getting there!

Ok so I got some work done on the engine, cams degreed, some parts painted, had allot of issues with windage tray clearance but I got it dialed in now.

Got my 2013 gt500 injectors in, but unfortunately they are about 12mm too short, so I have some hat spacers on the way.

So my thump tensioner boss was in the wrong location, I guess the mach 1s are slightly different, so the thump tech support tools me to just drill and tap for an 8mm bolt where the dowel needs to be,

So I did and I was extremely nervous drilling into this expensive tensioner lol

The head of the bolt was still a bit too big for the hole in the front cover, so ever so slightly south a cutting wheel, I ground it down to a perfect snug fit. Way better than the dowel that came on it! If you look closely you can see where the old one was (the pulley in this picture was on backwards, dont do that...)

Last edited by minimarine09; 12-30-2017 at 09:54 AM.

So I got my cooling mod set up, and engine mostly dressed,

I still have to re remove the dampener because I didn't grind down the crank position Sensor boss far enough, kind of nervous to go through, but I guess if I do, it's nothing a little jb weld can't fix lol

And I love my punisher egr delete plate. I want to make my oil cap and coolant cap with the same design, might be the cars name! Punisherauder! Lol

Hopefully drop her in tomorrow if I have time
    Last edited by minimarine09; 12-30-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Superb work sir

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cer0413 View Post
    Superb work sir

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks allot!

Does anyone use an old Sct 96xx livewire? I have one that came with the car but I doubt they are supported anymore. Does anyone know if it would still work for my custom tune on the dyno?

Also does anyone have the diameter this of main barb? I'm not with the engine at the moment

Last edited by minimarine09; 12-30-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Been wayyy too long

had to wait until some money came in, but made a good bit of progress.

ok sooo

got the engine all together, a dropped her in!

had to cut the lip of the water pump pulley down a bit in order to fit a belt between it and the IW damper

started putting the coolant system in after a bunch of misc. stuff on the motor. my pass. side coolant sensor hits the supercharger. also the 90 degrees that comes with the on3 kit doesnt clear either. so i drove around and found double female, and double male fittings for -10 AN to lift it higher to clear everything. also got a 90 degree 3/8 NPT fitting so i can mount the sensor vertically.

i know i could have just ran 45 degree fitting and clear, but i dont like the way one side the hose is flat, and one is at an upward angle, if this set up bring it too high then ill just go for the 45.

also, the old upper coolant elbow was promoted to new lower hose connector. hopefully it doesnt get in the way of the intercooler pipes.

METHHHHHH

Last edited by minimarine09; 12-30-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Where is the aux. idler between the alternator and PS pump? You definitely need that. And Mach 1 covers/tensioners are identical to the Marauder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Where is the aux. idler between the alternator and PS pump? You definitely need that. And Mach 1 covers/tensioners are identical to the Marauder.
    i have it, just need to throw it on, need to find a bolt first. i may need a slightly longer belt if im not able to stretch it with the extra pulley. idk, i just called tech support at thump racing and told me that, so i just listened. feels much more snug than the one it came with.

Quote Originally Posted by minimarine09 View Post
    i have it, just need to throw it on, need to find a bolt first. i may need a slightly longer belt if im not able to stretch it with the extra pulley. idk, i just called tech support at thump racing and told me that, so i just listened. feels much more snug than the one it came with.
    Translation: They made it incorrectly

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information