Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mercury Marauder Total Loss and then Stolen into

Quote Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
    Two different license plates from the video and the stripped car? However, the tag 456LA is registered to an 03 Marauder in Florida.
    i changed to the thin blue line plate when it finally came out, that plate came out like 1-2 years ago.

thats a marauder i posted, why in the hell would I post a stripped crown vic for fun?

and i dont know why theres crown vic parts on my stripped marauder... whoever swapped and changed out the parts and god forbid lets not talk what i would do to that prick, i couldnt care less. ill give you guys update when i finally talk to the investigator. i just want to get this over with, its not worth the stress and its painful each day.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Attention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have far better things to do nor im neither 12 to post for "attention"

Quote Originally Posted by akr619 View Post
    I have far better things to do nor im neither 12 to post for "attention"

Then explain to us the reason for posting pics/video of two obviously different cars???

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Well, this escalated quickly.

Mercury Marauder Total Loss and then Stolen into

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
    Well, this escalated quickly.

Well, no, actually it took a few days and started with folks looking carefully at the pics of the “stripped” Marauder.

I can only assume based on the pics that the body shop took the time to remove all the MM parts, then bolted on a bunch of CVPI parts to hide the extent of the theft. (Something car strippers do generally...?)

2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Then explain to us the reason for posting pics/video of two obviously different cars???

you word that as if im doing it on purpose, im posting it because i canr keep it inside. now im sorry if its two "obviously different cars", it is not, im sorry if it appeared that way. when i got there that was the marauder ive found and when i left it there it had marauder parts in it. i should have took a more detailed photo or took a video onstead and im not trying to be smartass

go back and photograph it again with the VIN so you have proof it was your car an it was stripped
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    go back and photograph it again with the VIN so you have proof it was your car an it was stripped

i wish i lived closer, dunno if copart can do it for me. i really should have took a video and got the vin and a picture of the vin. phone tag with the insurance is so annoying and straining and frustrating. its 4 weeks and counting now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    its the same car, i recognize the engine. i popped the hood to check if the engine was there and it was there. i just dont know how the steering wheel and door panel got swithed i may need to talk to the cops. omg this is such a f**** up situation.

Quote Originally Posted by akr619 View Post
    its the same car, i recognize the engine. i popped the hood to check if the engine was there and it was there. i just dont know how the steering wheel and door panel got swithed i may need to talk to the cops. omg this is such a f**** up situation.
    Don't know about door panel but if car was moved after being stripped the shop may have thrown on a cv steering wheel so they could steer it as they pushed it out of the way. I'd be going crazy wanting answers so I feel for you.
    03 300A
    Trilogy #154
    Stainless Works LongTube Headers, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, X-Tube, Rear Cat Delete, Borla Mufflers, 2.5 Mandrel Bent pipes
    Lido tune
    Performance Transmission, 2500 Stall

I'll just say this - sorry for your loss. If you take the $7500 then minus what you owed -that's what you have to look for a new one, or get a new loan.

Once you got the $7500 the shop can strip it out or do what they want it's between them and the insurance agency. Maybe take the money and let the insurance company go after the shop rather you spend time/money. Good luck. I can't imagine the insurance agency is going to settle for a $200 hulk when they could have sold all those parts to copart as an auction car.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    I'll just say this - sorry for your loss. If you take the $7500 then minus what you owed -that's what you have to look for a new one, or get a new loan.

Once you got the $7500 the shop can strip it out or do what they want it's between them and the insurance agency. Maybe take the money and let the insurance company go after the shop rather you spend time/money. Good luck. I can't imagine the insurance agency is going to settle for a $200 hulk when they could have sold all those parts to copart as an auction car.
    This is one of the issues why this makes this issue such a f**** up and complicated one, the most they can do is deduct the salvage fee (what the $$$ would be if I were to buy it back) to the amount they will pay me. But I am hoping that they do not do that, it is still an on-going string of back and forth negotiations.

This thread is a train wreck.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information