MercuryMarauder.net Forums    

Go Back   MercuryMarauder.net Forums > The Garage > Suspension & Brakes

Suspension & Brakes Post your discussions about suspension, shocks, control arms and brakes here!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Professional idiot

Trader: (0)
KYB/Eaton vs Naake coilover kit

I just ordered 4 KYB gas-a-just with bushings and 2 Eaton coils with 1 1/2 drop for the front. I was very hesitant between the Naake coilover kit they offer for our car.

I made my choice but i'm still not convinced that i made the good choice... lol
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 PM
S/C 20" MINI TUBBED WHEEL GUY!

Trader: (46)
I think you made the right choice based on feedback in reference to the front!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobs View Post
I just ordered 4 KYB gas-a-just with bushings and 2 Eaton coils with 1 1/2 drop for the front. I was very hesitant between the Naake coilover kit they offer for our car.

I made my choice but i'm still not convinced that i made the good choice... lol
Wondering if I asked really nice if you would post before and after photos of the car showing the difference in ride height/stance???

Pretty Please???
Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Professional idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleP71Dude View Post
Wondering if I asked really nice if you would post before and after photos of the car showing the difference in ride height/stance???

Pretty Please???
Sure i will
Old 06-07-2013, 10:44 AM

My KYB's have 100,000 + miles on them. Great Product.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:02 PM
I am not a #, I am a free man!

Trader: (4)
I got rid of the Naake coil-overs for the KYB/cut OEM coils and will NVER go back!
You made a wise choice!

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Professional idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytin View Post
I got rid of the Naake coil-overs for the KYB/cut OEM coils and will NVER go back!
You made a wise choice!
What was wrong with the Naake?
Old 06-07-2013, 04:27 PM

The top and bottom bushings/mounts are incorrect for the application w/nothing but lame excuses from Naake as to why they couldn't supply parts that work.
No springs supplied by Naake work - the top 3 to 5 coils "stack" (compress until they are touching together) while the car is at rest. Going over bumps was an adventure.
The seals on all four shocks (had the rears as well) blew out in less than 12k miles. Naake would rebuild the shocks if I paid for the parts, labor and shipping.

Is that enough?

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 PM
20 PSI

Trader: (21)
+1 I also have kyb,s with cut coils ride is 100% better then cut coils/OE shocks.

04 SB-- Alluminator/2.3 Whipple 20lbs boost, 545RWHP/556RWTQ sold!!

2012 Mustang GT Kona Blue-My New Baby!

03 300A- Vortech S-trim A2A 500 RWHP -Sold

03 Marauder KB-S #7- R.I.P.Bought new 06-02
sent to KB 1-03 #7 but it was the 3rd one they did
Old 06-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Professional idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleP71Dude View Post

Pretty Please???

Before:

After:

I adjusted the rear a tad lower because im pretty sure the front will get down a bit in the next days
Old 06-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Willing to meet up half way

Trader: (44)
Quote:
The top and bottom bushings/mounts are incorrect for the application w/nothing but lame excuses from Naake as to why they couldn't supply parts that work.
No springs supplied by Naake work - the top 3 to 5 coils "stack" (compress until they are touching together) while the car is at rest. Going over bumps was an adventure.
The seals on all four shocks (had the rears as well) blew out in less than 12k miles. Naake would rebuild the shocks if I paid for the parts, labor and shipping.

Is that enough?
Generally speaking, most all performance parts for these cars require modification to fit, and/or to get the desired performance result.

And......... usually there is -0- warranty provided on performance parts.......

When you are dead, you donít know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 PM

Trader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
Generally speaking, most all performance parts for these cars require modification to fit, and/or to get the desired performance result.

My experience with Penske has been they stand behind their products. No failures so far, but valving the rears to match the air springs required a redo.

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 AM

I guess I should say, that parts that are spec'd for racing only, usually have no warranty.

Ask Lidio what his warranty is on his motors, just as an example. He will, to a degree stand behind it, but essentially, high performance parts have no warranty.

To say Naake shocks wear out, is like saying I don't get many miles out of my drag radials...... they are not built for mileage. Performance is the goal.

When you are dead, you donít know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Old 06-22-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post

For over $900 it better bolt right in and work the way they ADVERTISE it to work!
They don't - most people would call it fraud.

And I should get more than 12k miles out of them before the seals blow out on all four shocks.
The bottom line is what Naake sells for these cars is not the correct size or spec.
I'm reminded of an old story about a new suit of clothes for the emperor.

Last edited by Krytin; 06-22-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
For over $900 it better bolt right in and work the way they ADVERTISE it to work!
They don't - most people would call it fraud.

And I should get more than 12k miles out of them before the seals blow out on all four shocks.
The bottom line is what Naake sells for these cars is not the correct size or spec.
I'm reminded of an old story about a new suit of clothes for the emperor.
I don't know what mods you have done to your car, but my experience is that most of the mods, had to be custom fit, and, they were all spendy to begin with.

In a perfect world, the parts would fit and work 100% of the time, unfortunately, this is not a perfect world. Even my Wilwood brake kit required attention to make it to be what I expected, it is a great kit, but it is the starting point, and on the rear, if you don't have the ability or funds to machine parts, then you will be complaining about it as well, as it requires modifications to work 100%.

As far as I am concerned, pretty much every part I bought needed something extra to make it "just right".