Thread: S.S.M.Weekly Show / Meet Cancelled again

Blog Entries

S.S.M.Weekly Show / Meet Cancelled again

Well after we got a new location a few weeks ago which was going good it got cancelled . The reason : After 8 pm the ricers use to meet on the other end of the parking lot. Well last week they were doing drifting & Donut's in the parking lot & racing down the streets & doing crazy things. The owner / manager of the complex found out what they did and even through it had nothing to do with our show cancelled our show & said no more car show's their. Paul & Mike will be looking for a new Location. As soon as I find out the new location I'll post it up with all the info.

Blog Entries
    No up date yet. I'll call them around late tuesday or wednesday to check up.

Blog Entries
    I just checked , no new place as of this evening. Ill call them on thursday.

Blog Entries
    ****THEY FOUND A NEW LOCATION ON UNIVERSITY DRIVE . THEY ARE JUST WAITING FOR A PHONE CALL SOON TO CONFERM. AS SOON AS IT GET THE OK ILL POST UP THE NEW LOCATION..****

Blog Entries
    I'll call Mike around 1-2 pm to see if the new show location was approved & if they are having it today.

We had a similar problem several years ago in Pompton Plains NJ. There was a cruise night attended by hundreds of owners from many car clubs. When the Rice Rocket owners began burnouts and spin outs, the police shut it down. It never reopened in the area as merchants read about it in the news and were afraid to host the weekly, Thursday night event. The cruise night was legendary for over ten years. It attracted families to shop in the mall while the kids and parents could look at the cars. SAD....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jsignorelli View Post
    We had a similar problem several years ago in Pompton Plains NJ. There was a cruise night attended by hundreds of owners from many car clubs. When the Rice Rocket owners began burnouts and spin outs, the police shut it down. It never reopened in the area as merchants read about it in the news and were afraid to host the weekly, Thursday night event. The cruise night was legendary for over ten years. It attracted families to shop in the mall while the kids and parents could look at the cars. SAD....
    Well they got a new location in the area I'm just waiting to hear from them so I can post up the information.

Thread Information