Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1125

Thread: Big Brakes on a not-so-big Budget? YEP

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrillb2 View Post
    Question for those with the front kits...

Anybody notice a difference when trying to foot brake at the track? Last year I could foot brake and hold the car to about 3200 rpm to launch. This year it's around 2600-2700 before I start pushing through the brakes.

My thought process was maybe the corvette calipers were a bit larger and not upgrading the master cyl to displace more fluid might be the source. When we upgrade our axles in jeeps with larger brakes we have to go to larger master cylinders.

My brakes feel fine, good firm pedal, stops great etc. Just can't foot brake like I could.

Torn between a possible brake change or my torque converter. It's the same converter as last year, but I did have the company I got it from cut/clean it over the winter to renew my warranty.

Could also be a difference in your tire life, air pressure, temps, and track prep.

Any changes in those departments? I’ve never read of any booster changes even with the larger Wilwood kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

get a Hurst roll control
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    get a Hurst roll control

I was assuming he already had one and was pushing thru the front pads because of traction? I could be wrong.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    get a Hurst roll control

Get 2, one for each front wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Tires were identical. I only run my etss at the track (not on the street). Hoping to go back this week to the track. Got to try a few other things. I wasn't talking boosters, but master cylinders.

Track condition, Temps, humidity etc were all very similar.
    2003 budget built marauder-LM7 5.3 SBE 4L80E VS racing 78/75 turbo and other things
    1.56 60' 6.80 1/8 @ 104 mph 10.5 1/4 @129 mph
    #BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

Anyone install speed bleeders on the C5 Calipers? If so are they the same spec for the Marauder stock?

2003 300A Black MM
    Quote Originally Posted by magindat View Post
    Modding a Marauder is a classy, time taking experience - like sipping fine aged spirits. It's meant to take your time, savor, and enjoy!!!!
    FRPP ALUMINATOR MOTOR 10:1
    BC AUTOMOTIVE TRANNY 2800 STALL
    TRILOGY S/C WITH POSI PERFORMANCE PORT
    STAINLESS WORKS LT HEADERS
    METCO REAR CONTROL ARMS AND WATTS LINK
    ADDCO FRONT & REAR SWAY BAR
    MONROE HD QUICK STRUTS FRONT
    QA1 ADJUSTABLE REAR SHOCKS
    EATON LIMTED SLIP DIFF:FORD RACING 4.10'S
    DUAL AEROMOTIVE 340LPH PUMPS, 40AMP BAP, WITH DUAL FPDM'S
    ZACKS BIG BRAKE SWAP w/ TCE SS LINES
    SCANGAUGE MONITORING....^....^....^
    ALL SECURIED WITH A VIPER SECURITY SYSTEM REMOTELY STARTED BY MY VIPER IPHONE APP

Probably a pretty obvious answer to this since a lot of people are running this set up, but are these rotors centered on the lugs? Or are people just getting the id knurled out professionally? My rotors are starting to pulse a little on braking so I might as well do the upgrade now.

You open the hub hole .030 with a die grinder.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by cruise_missile View Post
    Probably a pretty obvious answer to this since a lot of people are running this set up, but are these rotors centered on the lugs? Or are people just getting the id knurled out professionally? My rotors are starting to pulse a little on braking so I might as well do the upgrade now.

Not really lug centered but hub centered. But if you didn't grind the center straight it could be off. But neither scenario should cause pulsation. If you had debris between the rotor and hub surface could. Alot of vehicles today are'nt lug centered, but hub centered. Even then I find alot aren't that great and have a little slop in fitment, but have no real braking concerns.
    2003 budget built marauder-LM7 5.3 SBE 4L80E VS racing 78/75 turbo and other things
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

In response to my question on braking force. I think I'm gonna try and rebleed the brakes. While the pedal feels firm and no excessive drop, I have had the abs engage a few times over several hundred miles when it shouldn't engage. So I'm gonna readdress that and bleed with a scanner as well and see if that makes any difference.
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

In response to my question on braking force. I think I'm gonna try and rebleed the brakes. While the pedal feels firm and no excessive drop, I have had the abs engage a few times over several hundred miles when it shouldn't engage. So I'm gonna readdress that and bleed with a scanner as well and see if that makes any difference.
    If you haven't already get speed bleeders.

2003 300A Black MM
    Quote Originally Posted by magindat View Post
    Modding a Marauder is a classy, time taking experience - like sipping fine aged spirits. It's meant to take your time, savor, and enjoy!!!!
    FRPP ALUMINATOR MOTOR 10:1
    BC AUTOMOTIVE TRANNY 2800 STALL
    TRILOGY S/C WITH POSI PERFORMANCE PORT
    STAINLESS WORKS LT HEADERS
    METCO REAR CONTROL ARMS AND WATTS LINK
    ADDCO FRONT & REAR SWAY BAR
    MONROE HD QUICK STRUTS FRONT
    QA1 ADJUSTABLE REAR SHOCKS
    EATON LIMTED SLIP DIFF:FORD RACING 4.10'S
    DUAL AEROMOTIVE 340LPH PUMPS, 40AMP BAP, WITH DUAL FPDM'S
    ZACKS BIG BRAKE SWAP w/ TCE SS LINES
    SCANGAUGE MONITORING....^....^....^
    ALL SECURIED WITH A VIPER SECURITY SYSTEM REMOTELY STARTED BY MY VIPER IPHONE APP

Not really lug centered but hub centered. But if you didn't grind the center straight it could be off. But neither scenario should cause pulsation. If you had debris between the rotor and hub surface could. Alot of vehicles today are'nt lug centered, but hub centered. Even then I find alot aren't that great and have a little slop in fitment, but have no real braking concerns.
    Sorry if it was confusing, but I have pulsing now with oe brake setup. I'm buying the pieces for this now and I'm deciding if I should get the rotors professionally knurled out. I figured most are hub centered so just wondering how people are clearing it out with a grinder and not having vibration. I'll probably have it done professionally and not risk vibration at 80+

Over 20k miles and 1 worn out set of pads on my brake upgrade in 1 year. Still love the brakes. Just installed Hawk HP+ pads and the brakes are even better than before. Might have a piston seal leaking on my crappy Oreilly caliper already. The Powerstop on the other side is doing great so it’s just an inferior reman from Oreilly. Keep an eye on your remans for this.

Sorry if it was confusing, but I have pulsing now with oe brake setup. I'm buying the pieces for this now and I'm deciding if I should get the rotors professionally knurled out. I figured most are hub centered so just wondering how people are clearing it out with a grinder and not having vibration. I'll probably have it done professionally and not risk vibration at 80+
    it certainly wouldn’t hurt to have the center bore machined properly on a lathe. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Turbov6 Bryan and I just used a dremel bit.

Big Brakes on a not-so-big Budget? YEP

Probably too much for you if your ocd is preventing you from using a round sanding drum inside a round hole for the .001” needed. What do you think the machine shop would do anyway? Set up mill or cnc the rotor.

Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475 LastLast

Thread Information