Thread: New Mercury Marauder End of Production!

schuvwj Guest

Unhappy New Mercury Marauder End of Production!

December 10th comment from MercuryMarauder.org web site.

Heads up, LMPD has made the following business decision:
    Marauder program is cancelled for 2005.
    The Marauder will run its cycle through the 2004
    (no plan to reinstate feature in 2006).

Sincerely,
    LMPD Project Management - 2005 EN/FN

This sucks!
    I hope this comment is false!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by schuvwj; 12-28-2002 at 08:35 PM.

Bill I read that too and I also here that it is true. I really like the one I have now and I am thinking about getting another one. My dealer here wants me to be a two Marauder family. I told them if they worked right I may do it.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Metco D/S Loop,Boxed Lower Rear Control Arms
    New Made Upper Rear Control Arms
    Boxed Watts Link,Ford Finned Rear End Cover
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Daniels Coil Covers and Buttons,Nitto 255/45 front
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

It wouldn't suprise me if it ended up being true. L/M really hasn't ran with the ball on this one. Ford is tanking and sales of all the Panther platform cars are faltering.

Our group could end up being a very small club of enthusiasts.

Johnny
    - SCT ala DR. Yippee!!

Take good care of your Marauders! They just maybe the end of the American V-8 Muscle Car?
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer
    OEM Frt Splash Guards
    ProGuard
    Weathershield Marauder Cover
    2XL Marader Jacket
    McGard Wheel Locks
    Marauder Billet Pedals
    Marauder Door Sills
    Denso Plugs IT20's
    8/3/03 Dyno 260.4 RWHP/291.3 Torque

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Wasn't there a similar rumour posted not too long ago that proved to be untrue?

I also just read a rumour posted on BON that beginning 2005 the CV/GM would be based on the S-type platform, like the Lincoln LS.

and yes, in this, and with the whole Panther platform, Ford is it's own worst enemy for sales
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

This news ran its course on another thread a short time ago.

Logan debunked the rumour as false.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4WD V6
    2008 Mercury Sable Premier
    2002 Mercury Sable LS (Sold)
    1998 Ford Contour Sport (Sold)
    1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 (Scrapped)
    1997 Mercury Villager Nautica (Sold)
    2003 Mazda Protege5 (Sold)

Some time ago I read that Mercury was planning to sell MM for about 2-3 years and take it off the market for a about 2 years and then bring it back? This car has soooooo much rumour around it I do not think ever Ford know what it is going to do? ( I am sure they do but you never know it)
    Big Dog
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    There was a Ford time line plan for the Panther posted on another site a while back. Basically it said the Panthers would get a body redesign about 2006, and the platform would be around to at least 2008, 2009.
    In a magazine article from before the Marauder was introduced this past May, ford was quoted as saying they were committed to the Marauder for at least 4 years.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

hd2805 Guest
    Originally posted by chapel1
    Take good care of your Marauders! They just maybe the end of the American V-8 Muscle Car?
    Caddy is going to rear wheel drive on the Seville in 04, with the Northstar engine, that will be a muscule car with class to boot!!!! But I would still hold on to my MM

Back in June, I heard of a production projection figure of 15,000 MMs over a 3 year period, and that seems to be the pace LM is keeping. Things would probably look brighter to us if there were not so many MMs still on dealer lots, but that has more to to with the overall economy than the MM itself. GM released the Impala SS in consverative numbers, and it's popularity skyrocketed into triple digits in following years, 235,000 total production I believe, before a last call. So, there really is no way to predict what to expect from LM.

LM market research predicted that the MM would appeal to only 2% of the automotive market, and here again, I believe they are proving themselves right. Should that figure suddenly swell to 4 or 6 %, LM would extend their production commitment, sh*it, who wouldn't. Exactly when LM rolls the last MM off the line, will have more to do with FMCs financial health at large, than our niche enthusiams. IMHO

This has already been discussed in great detail. There is no truth to the rumor at this time.

Thread Information