Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good people on the forum...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good people on the forum...

The sale of my loved 2004 CV Sport to Guittard22 made me recall all the good ones that have dealt with me over the years.
    Chris bought this car unseen:
    https://mercurymarauder.net/forums/s...d.php?t=106956

and gave me a window switch I needed, plus some cool trinkets just because. He came 2.5 hours for the car a few weeks ago and the rear brakes stuck, so he had to come all the way back again. Easy going deal.

Over the years guys like Jerry (lji372), NXSBOB, Darren (Spectragod), larryo340, Mark (RubberCtyRauder, CWright, MOTOTOWN, guspech750, Zack, BUCKWHEAT, martyo and many others have jumped right in with low cost parts, freebies or just tech help over the years.
    Way to represent!
    The feel of the forum has changed a bit, and my activity less due to new ventures. But the main stay guys here always step to the plate, and some newbies as well.
    Long live Marauder enthusiasts, and good people that form the group.
    Cheers to 2019 MM.net
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Blog Entries
    What happened to RC Signals?
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    The sale of my loved 2004 CV Sport to Guittard22 made me recall all the good ones that have dealt with me over the years.

and gave me a window switch I needed, plus some cool trinkets just because. He came 2.5 hours for the car a few weeks ago and the rear brakes stuck, so he had to come all the way back again. Easy going deal.

Over the years guys like Jerry (lji372), NXSBOB, Darren (Spectragod), larryo340, Mark (RubberCtyRauder, CWright, MOTOTOWN, guspech750, Zack, BUCKWHEAT, martyo and many others have jumped right in with low cost parts, freebies or just tech help over the years.

Way to represent!

The feel of the forum has changed a bit, and my activity less due to new ventures. But the main stay guys here always step to the plate, and some newbies as well.

Cheers to 2019 MM.net

Ahhh the early days, when we would all pitch in for a motor or wheels or unobtainable parts. There are still quite a few I would go out of my way to help, there are others who wore out their welcome with expectations of free stuff.

Lots of good peeps still here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Ahhh the early days, when we would all pitch in for a motor or wheels or unobtainable parts. There are still quite a few I would go out of my way to help, there are others who wore out their welcome with expectations of free stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, I still expect free stuff man

Or 12 separate PayPal payments for valve stem caps....

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post

Way to represent!
    Cheers to 2019 MM.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post

Yep....I remember pitching in for MarauderMark's multiple blown engines!
    And the free 'loaner' Cam Covers!....what ever happened to them?
    Crazy thinking about that now!

BTW: I had neglected to 'buy my flags' for several years.
    Recently re-upped my flags in order to help keep this website alive....lots of other forums have gone away.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    BTW: I had neglected to 'buy my flags' for several years.
    Recently re-upped my flags in order to help keep this website alive....lots of other forums have gone away.
    Good call. I miss modded. I must support this site as well.

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

Definitely some cool people on this forum from just reading the amount of posts over the last year.

Coming from a strange but overall fun DSM community there are a lot of up and coming people I have met that Love the panther platform, fords and particularly the marauder.

I can change a starter on a DSM in less than 15 minutes without looking. literally its behind the engine and you cant see it you go by feel. alternator also takes around 15 minutes.

I cant count the amount of free work I have done on friends cars and If i have the means I am always looking to learn and help.

My best friends little brother is 21 and drives a Buick s/c for his first car, has done some mods but is looking to get a panther next. preferably a MM. So I will do what I can to help him.

I am still learning this platform but learning quickly and had thought about doing a Comprehensive video series on the cars, fixing/upgrading them at different levels.

Once I get in actual touch with some of the members personally Having guests on would be fantastic, I think it could be a cool project.

With the Coyote and so many panther style vehicles around, from the panther racing class 2.5 miles down the road from where I live, I look to make this my platform for hopefully a few decades. I think it will remain viable for some time.

I've whipped this beast around a few cones at this point without so much as a kiss. Its definitely capable and most of all a fun car to drive.

"6 speed manual swap will be happening."

My friend and I plan on running a panther class at the Indianapolis speedrome in 2 years as a 2 car 2 person team. running marauder clones basically. anyone interested PM me.

Ambitious. ^^Everything you need to build a panther is written within here. 15 years of threads.

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

Blog Entries
    I only need to look at so many of the questions I have recently asked Car Cover, Wheel Spacer, trunk lining removal.

Sometimes the part is very inexpensive or the procedure simple.

However, I would prefer to benefit from the knowledge that is here and do it "right" from the start!

I post my results to add to it.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Good people on the forum...

Have had many many laughs and conversations with many great people here. I miss how things used to be. Now it kind of blows. No one talks about what is going on their lives or jokes around any more. It’s just strictly car junk. It was not always like that. People use to care about one another and care about what was happening in their lives. People knew one another on a personal level.

Blah blah blah. I’m ranting now.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.
    Last edited by guspech750; 01-13-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

First .... I agree, what a great set of folks still here on MM.Net.

BTW, we have a new lurker, don't know his screen name yet, but know he is here. He called to buy my redsled CVSport last year and was second in line to a young military vet I had promised was first in line. 2nd guy even sent me a check for full value of ask... I had to return it with a nice letter. And then I called him and after speaking with him for 45 min or so... Advised him he should buy a Marauder. He had never heard of them. He did his research and he bought one! I think he bought NXBobs black w blue pinstripes as I sent him Bob's way-- but I could be wrong.

And since the young military vet then squirmed around too much trying to change our deal, I had to not sell him the Sport. They both contacted me just this week, each still wanting to buy the RedSled.

I guess my point is this... We have some great new members join in the last 3-5 years, people that have joined and learning to bring good will and joy to the site. (There will always be the grifter types).

Agreed that we have stalwart members, Curless, Jerry, Darren, Zack, NXBob whose expertise and kinship bind us all together. But 6 different members here have helped me buy cars, 20+ members have helped me with parts or projects.

Twice Members have viewed and photo'd cars for me that I bought site unseen, one I bought and sent to Bigbossapplesauce, and one I bought and sent to Curless, both of whom I'd also never met, both to provide service before driving the cars across country.

And if you simply stop and think of ONLY these two auto purchases: Both purchased after being viewed by unmet members, with two different services from two different unmet people, and planning two different trips accross country to pick up cars that were purchased sight unseen -- what a tremendous compliment to the people here on mm.net!

What display of effort on all involved parties, and what a display of trust from all involved that each would do the right thing for the other un known party.

I know of no other place, or group of people that I trust with a fairly large amount of $$ ($18,000 and $10,000 respectively all in), let alone the time, travel, and effort.

As for not sharing the personal stuff -- I think this is an interesting thought and I agree that some of the personal reporting has waned. Maybe we need to make a category for life events -- and we can share there.

I will say that it was to You folks where I first wrote about the loss of my oldest son--my pride and joy, my moon and stars, and the true love of my life. And it was your responses to this loss, that helped me to not only keep breathing, but to move forward. I recall that My brother was amazed at my priority of sharing my profound loss with you MM.Net. He couldn't believe it at the time.

And two years later my brother flew w me back to meet Curless, have breakfast, burn a 70yard patch in Curless's black MM, pick up the RedSled sight unseen, and drive Rt 66 from Chicago west.

In short, yes it has changed, even since I have been here. I like your idea of more personal sharing -- lets make a category for it. I have some big news to share.

BTW My New Years resolution is to highlight the gains and the positive in what we have now, and grow what we have now in what we want it to be.

You guys and gals ARE MY PEEPS. AND I AM YOURS, And this is worth more to me than Jerry's $8.00!

PS I think my new Allergy medicine (Allegra) is actually speed. In Italian, I think Allegra actually means to speed up, or a brisk pace... Because It is 12:30 am and I only got four hours sleep last night... Sorry for the long post.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I can’t count how many good folks I’ve met through this site.

This is single-handedly the best site. Period.

It was killing me... I knew I forgot someone. And Marty, whose has saved not one but two cress country roadtrips by taking and returning repeated end calls on SUNDAY Helping to repair cars he has never seen, for a person he has never met without recompense!

What a guy! What a site! What a community!
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 01-31-2019 at 11:18 PM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

WOW all I can say to this is AMEN! And that I sorely miss our lost MM brothers and sisters!
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

Car is home safe - I put 130 miles on my new car 166,158 miles on the clock now and the thing drives like new. This LX was loved by past owners.

I must say - there is some really amazing people around this site. So hats off to the ones that make this site bad A@@.

When I 1st came on the site I was told I would never get a marauder ha ha well I still have it and most of the people that said that are long gone! Times change but hold onto all the good memories. Thank you MM. NET for being apart of my life for 7 years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Guittard22; 01-14-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information