Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headers/Cat Delete/Tune

Headers/Cat Delete/Tune

Since my Marauder now has a 63 Truck body sitting on it and is registered as a 1963, I do not need to run cats and am exempt from California smog laws. I bought a set of BBK long tubes for Mach 1 and want to build my own exhaust system. I have built exhaust sytems before and plan to use an X pipe and Magnaflow mufflers.

Question. Location of the O2 sensors. There are bungs in the collectors of the headers which I expect will work just fine with the pre-cat oxygen sensors. What about the other pair located after the cats? Do I need to install bungs downstream a little?

Question. I have a Diablo Predator. Will I need to install a new tune for the headers? What is the second set of sensors (after the first set of cats) for?

thanks
    Karl

The second set monitors cat efficiency. They can be turned off in the tune. Since you don't need them, shut them down. You can either get eliminators, or run the original O2's in the bungs.
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

How is it progressing? Pics?

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Casey View Post
    The second set monitors cat efficiency. They can be turned off in the tune. Since you don't need them, shut them down. You can either get eliminators, or run the original O2's in the bungs.
    You could also do the Gott's mod where you stack spark plug foulers in before the sensors (google it). This will simulate good Cat efficientcy even if you have NO cats like me.

You can install the rear o2's any where after the cats. Mine are about 10"s after the crossmember so I could have room after the LT's for the electric cutouts.

NEED MORE PICS!
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Progressing Fine

I have been driving the Marauder Truck for a month or so an sorting out rattles. It is a blast to drive and nobody can figure out what it is when I start it or open the hood.

The interior is a work in process

It tracks nice and handles great. It weighs about 3750 lbs

Can't wait to get the headers, new exhaust and eventually the Cobra blower set up installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I ENVY you! Looks badazz man, simply perfect.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

second set of bungs

What if I do not install a second set of bungs and unplug the cat sensors? Will I just get an engine light trouble code

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Casey View Post

her are a few more pics

A few more pics

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    I ENVY you! Looks badazz man, simply perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderPU View Post
    What if I do not install a second set of bungs and unplug the cat sensors? Will I just get an engine light trouble code
    Yes you will. It would need to be turned off in the tune.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Yes you will. It would need to be turned off in the tune.
    or if you dont want to tune it just buy a set of MIL eliminators
    2010 fusion se

Where do you get ML eliminators

What does the ML eliminator do again? does it screw into the bung?

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSlayer View Post
    or if you dont want to tune it just buy a set of MIL eliminators

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderPU View Post
    What does the ML eliminator do again? does it screw into the bung?
    iam assuming it is a resister or something of the like that physically tricks the computer to thinking the rear o2s are working like they should. its just plug and play, one end goes into the sensor wire and ther other goes into the harness on the car. i just got a set for my bronco from UPR, they were the cheapest i found. my problem was i put a catted bassani y pipe on the truck and the cat was so small the down stream o2 didnt see a great enough difference (basically thought there was no cat) so it would throw a p0420 code. i put the eliminator in and the code hasnt came back since
    2010 fusion se

Underhood pics or you will be banned!

Underhood pics --Here you go

The eng compartment will be cleaned up more when I install the blower with new valve covers

man that thing looks right at home in there
    2010 fusion se

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information