Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress on build

Quote Originally Posted by Lowndex View Post
    A few engine pictures before Marty works his magic (completes work on the engine, clean up engine bay, add the ADTR V2 blower, build JRi front coilover mounting brackets, more polished pulleys, re-powder coat valve covers gun metal, etc.). Ignore the cold air tube - it will not be there very long. Also, overflow bottles (radiator and power steering) being replaced/moved.

That's one busy engine bay.

I don't know why but I figgered your car was black??

When do ya think you'll ever drive it??
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    I don't know why but I figgered your car was black??

When do ya think you'll ever drive it??
    When Marty says, "it's done". After arrival at MO's Speed Shop, 3-4 weeks later they will start work. From there, we work through the known and unknown list of items to address. Summary, Spring 2019.

You can remove Darren, Doom, and Paul's car off your list.
    The blue can stay....

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    You can remove Darren, Doom, and Paul's car off your list.
    The blue can stay....
    I agree. I started another thread asking for suggestions toward cleaning up my engine bay.

I agree. I started another thread asking for suggestions toward cleaning up my engine bay.
    I’m hurt I’m being removed, I feel so alone now....

Good move on sending your car to Marty, his guys thrive on Marauder builds, they’ll do you well.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

You know, when this car is done, we should have a MoRauder meet in GA.

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post

Good move on sending your car to Marty, his guys thrive on Marauder builds, they’ll do you well.
    Dont be hurt Darren, your MM is well thought out and a visual pleasure.

I was just injecting sarcasm, thanks for the props on my ride. I have followed many others lead,and, expanded on their ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I received a pm from a member that, I believe, saved me a headache down the road.

"I want to ask you a question if I may...

If a centri SC is in the plans why didn't you go with an 8 rib setup?
    The single bolt tensioner (thump RRR or not) wont hold off belt slip once you start to make real power. It will be a weak spot in your build."

Wow! So respectful and helpful. I hope the member reveals their identity. But, out of respect for their privacy, I cannot.

This is a typical example of the members here: always willing to help. Given my low knowledge of cars in general, I need all the help I can get.

You know, when this car is done, we should have a MoRauder meet in GA.
    I hereby agree. See you Spring of 2019.

In related news, once my car is ready, my wife wanted to fly out to Georgia with me to, meet Martin, his wife and Marty's partner before driving back home together! Yikes, that's five days in a car with my wife. And there is no way in hell I want my wife to know Marty's wife. Car knowledge aside, this is about survival!

I share with my wife we could not drive the car together, as Martin wants to take my baby to car shows. Martyo had no such idea; I asked him to consider it for me. You know, like Kindig It / Bitchin Rides keeps cars for up to 3 years before the owner gets the car! She looked at me with skepticism and asked, "when do you get the car back?" I replied, "when Marty says I can have it back.'

Now this was sheer brilliance on my part - I threw Marty under the bus. He has not even worked on my car yet and my wife has it in for him. That is the mark of a true car restomod professional.

I understood the reason to remove the cars I did was they are not examples of busy engine bays. I thought I might have upset someone and the member was trying to help me out telling me to remove said pics.

You know I love your car. If you wanted to sell your car three years ago, I would have bought it for $40K in a NY second AND I could have avoided sleeping in the garage the last two years!

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    That's one busy engine bay.

Marty will clean it up in time for his new reality Velocity car show, 'Mo's Speed Shop'.

Today I received a pm from a member that, I believe, saved me a headache down the road.

The single bolt tensioner (thump RRR or not) wont hold off belt slip once you start to make real power. It will be a weak spot in your build."

Wow! So respectful and helpful. I hope the member reveals their identity. But, out of respect for their privacy, I cannot.

This is a typical example of the members here: always willing to help. Given my low knowledge of cars in general, I need all the help I can get.

I have no problem asking you on the public forum. I asked in PM because I didn't want to give the impression I was piling on your build, not did i want to give the impression i was jealous of what you've put together.

Since you obviously dont mind please explain how is it your finished product will be powered by a centri (keep in mind you sent the car to a "speed shop",,, they didn't do a 3 bolt timing cover or an 8 rib setup?
    I have to admit I was expecting both considering this is now the most expensive MM in the world.

Manual tensioner and cog pulleys FTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread Information