Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still no respect...

Unhappy Still no respect...

I was chatting with an SS owner on Friday night. He was very excited about seeing my MM run. He was more excited when I ran faster than he did. I suppose all SS owners don't share the same enthusiasm, though.

He alerted me to the fact that members of his forum (the infamous NAISSO) are still avidly talking smack about the "wannabe SS". This is just a tad upsetting to me, as I am ---and always have been --- a huge fan of the LT1 B-Body.

I invited the lad to come join us for a little chatting and advised him that we're SS friendly. I think he was receptive... but we'll see.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

Why can't people just be friendly about the car they own? I am more than glad that I am accepted here

Smack...

Welcome to the real world of the Internet, Constable. With online BBS's and Forums, there will always be those that feel the need to be "bigger", "better" or "faster" with his/her car and can only express themselves throught the typed word.

What you have to do is not worry about what everyone else thinks or even says about us and our cars. It is very different typing what we think instead of meeting face to face. Typing cannot convey facial expressions, tone of voice or feelings the way a group meeting can. Just ask those of us who met in Ennis. Even with all the respect we give each other here on the forum, it was that times 10 down there and we are still the same people.

Be glad we have the SS croud out there so we know where we stand! <Smile> <Wink> etc. hehehe

John

I'm not taking it personally... I'd just like to think that some people are better than that.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

I took a peek over there at their forum, and encourage others to do so as well..

They sure seem to love their cars just as we do. There is a tremdous amount of disinformation there about the MM. Any member of that forum who pulls up next to you will surely be surprised when you smoke 'em.

They are proud that there cars cost less when originally purchased but many of us purchased our cars outright with a heavy discount.

We seem an older, wiser bunch; the SS crowd prevers heavy metal, we prefer good 'ol rock & roll [and bagpipes].

But one thing we have in common is the love for a big, fast American car.

One of the funniest threads was from someone sayng that no more than 5 MM would show up the the Ennis roundup!

Re: Still no respect...

Originally posted by Constable
    I was chatting with an SS owner on Friday night. He was very excited about seeing my MM run. He was more excited when I ran faster than he did. I suppose all SS owners don't share the same enthusiasm, though.
    Ryan: Was that guy named Greg and was he at E-Twon with us a few weeks ago?

Originally posted by Slowpoke
    I took a peek over there at their forum, and encourage others to do so as well..

They sure seem to love their cars just as we do. There is a tremdous amount of disinformation there about the MM. Any member of that forum who pulls up next to you will surely be surprised when you smoke 'em.

They are proud that there cars cost less when originally purchased but many of us purchased our cars outright with a heavy discount.

We seem an older, wiser bunch; the SS crowd prevers heavy metal, we prefer good 'ol rock & roll [and bagpipes].

But one thing we have in common is the love for a big, fast American car.

One of the funniest threads was from someone sayng that no more than 5 MM would show up the the Ennis roundup!
    Poke - Well said. I concur
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

I certainly don't bear any ill will to SS owners in general, but like any group, there's always a bad apple or two... I've spent hours chatting with SS folks at local cruises, I love the cars... Personally I think It'd be interesting to co-ordinate a LARGE event, a la roundup around SS's and MM's... Talk about a press event if 65 of each or so showed up at a track...

Originally posted by Logan
    Talk about a press event if 65 of each or so showed up at a track...
    Sign me up!

Originally posted by Rider90
    Why can't people just be friendly about the car they own? I am more than glad that I am accepted here
    WE're glad you feel this way too--and BTW --- Very Nice ride you have in your Pic there---

stay with us--you will see we are a friendly, informative bunch,, and sometimes a little funny and crazy---see I spelled that all correct--yeah --keys are spelling good!!!
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

I agree folks. Please read the thread "Marauder's and SS's". I attempted to give my thoughts on the subject and shed some light on things that we know are happening in the future. The Marauder group is getting stronger by the minute, just like the SS folks are today. I would like to see more local or state clubs annnnnd maybe a group get together with the SS folks next year. I grew up in the 60's when there were strong rivalries between the Big 3. Those were fun days with lots of good memories. I would gladly welcome those rivalries back. Everyone benefits!

mad man Guest
    The first time we ran the impalas thay showed up with 40 car's. 65 would be no problem for them. Now getting that many marauders is

www.sshs3.com

Come one come all. I'm signed up, Bob Mathis is signed up. Anyone else?
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

while i cannot make this event, please report back to this forum after you've taken the trophy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information