Thread: EATC unit in known good working order

EATC unit in known good working order

I am a cheap guy that puts used OEM parts on my daily driver until it isn't right or possible.
    I know you multiple car hoarders and parts stashers have an EATC unit you know works fine.
    I'll give it a 2nd life, then send my core to be refreshed for the next car in need

Shipped to Winsted Ct 06098
    why ship it if it doesn't work, right?
    thanks
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

I can fix your old one, free....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    I am a cheap guy that puts used OEM parts on my daily driver until it isn't right or possible.
    I know you multiple car hoarders and parts stashers have an EATC unit you know works fine.
    I'll give it a 2nd life, then send my core to be refreshed for the next car in need

Shipped to Winsted Ct 06098
    why ship it if it doesn't work, right?
    thanks
    What is wrong with yours?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I can fix your old one, free....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    What is wrong with yours?
    The set temp drops randomly - set at 80* just changes to 70*, a second later drops to 69,68,67,66,65 - stops. Then drops to 60 and stays. Temp red/ blue buttons do not work.
    self test = 024

Shut off / start car - it's blowing hot air full bore set at 60* still. Shut off EACT, turn on, now the temp buttons work - raise to 72* - now the setting stays while I drive. but the air blows hot. I just warm the car inside, then turn off the EATC.
    EATC is just flaking out - setting buttons do not work, then they do.
    Set temp drops - then it holds.
    no warm air change as it should, then all hot air.
    Only codes are 024/025 - but I've never hear the unit try to move the blend door - no clicking etc.
    I'd feel better seeing a steady EATC before replacing he blend door actuator. That's why I want to try a good used one.

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post

The set temp drops randomly - set at 80* just changes to 70*, a second later drops to 69,68,67,66,65 - stops. Then drops to 60 and stays. Temp red/ blue buttons do not work.
    self test = 024

Shut off / start car - it's blowing hot air full bore set at 60* still. Shut off EACT, turn on, now the temp buttons work - raise to 72* - now the setting stays while I drive. but the air blows hot. I just warm the car inside, then turn off the EATC.
    EATC is just flaking out - setting buttons do not work, then they do.
    Set temp drops - then it holds.
    no warm air change as it should, then all hot air.
    Only codes are 024/025 - but I've never hear the unit try to move the blend door - no clicking etc.
    I'd feel better seeing a steady EATC before replacing he blend door actuator. That's why I want to try a good used one.
    Try the EATC self test a few times.
    Follow this exactly - including the interior air temps.

Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Module Self-Test Procedure

Interior of the vehicle must be between 40 - 90 degrees while running the test. If not you may get false in-car temperature sensor errors.

• The EATC module self-test will not detect concerns associated with data link messages like engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. A NGS tester must be used to retrieve these concerns.
    • The EATC module self-test will detect concerns in the system control functions and will display hard diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) in addition to intermittent diagnostic trouble codes for concerns that occur during system operation. The vehicle interior temperature should be between 4°-32°C (40-90°F) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false in-car temperature sensor DTCs will be displayed.
    • The self-test can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.
    • To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.
    • If any DTCs appear during the self-test, follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION for each DTC given.
    • If a condition exists but no DTCs appear during the self-test, refer to the Symptom Chart Condition: The EATC System Is Inoperative, Intermittent or Improper Operation.
    • To exit self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs, push the blue (cooler) button. The control will exit self-test, retain all intermittent diagnostic trouble codes and then turn OFF (display blank).
    • To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the DEFROST button. The vacuum fluorescent display window will show 888 and all function symbols for one second. Then, the EATC control assembly will turn OFF (display blank) and all DTCs will be cleared.
    • Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF).
    • Intermittent DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent condition occurs.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Try the EATC self test a few times.
    Follow this exactly - including the interior air temps.

Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Module Self-Test Procedure

Interior of the vehicle must be between 40 - 90 degrees while running the test. If not you may get false in-car temperature sensor errors.

• The EATC module self-test will not detect concerns associated with data link messages like engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. A NGS tester must be used to retrieve these concerns.
    • The EATC module self-test will detect concerns in the system control functions and will display hard diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) in addition to intermittent diagnostic trouble codes for concerns that occur during system operation. The vehicle interior temperature should be between 4°-32°C (40-90°F) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false in-car temperature sensor DTCs will be displayed.
    • The self-test can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.
    • To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.
    • If any DTCs appear during the self-test, follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION for each DTC given.
    • If a condition exists but no DTCs appear during the self-test, refer to the Symptom Chart Condition: The EATC System Is Inoperative, Intermittent or Improper Operation.
    • To exit self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs, push the blue (cooler) button. The control will exit self-test, retain all intermittent diagnostic trouble codes and then turn OFF (display blank).
    • To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the DEFROST button. The vacuum fluorescent display window will show 888 and all function symbols for one second. Then, the EATC control assembly will turn OFF (display blank) and all DTCs will be cleared.
    • Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF).
    • Intermittent DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent condition occurs.
    I did, several times. It was ~65* in / outside.
    I always ended the test with DEFROST
    the next test would return just 024, or both 024/025

Even when the car sits over night, at cold start, the temp buttons work perfectly. Then, the set point drops, and the blue / red and steering wheel buttons begin to stop working again.
    I can hear air diverting floor/vent/defrost when I raise set to 90*, or drop to 60* - but again, EATC buttons stop working.

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100

If its diverting to defrost even if another mode is selected thats a safety feature if your mode door motors don't work. (so you can see in winter.) If the temp is slowly raising, getting cold again, then cool, then warm, then hot air, thats moisture in your ac system, as the buttons I have no idea, this is a issue for FBM, he's the expert.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthShoreChiMM View Post
    If the temp is slowly raising, getting cold again, then cool, then warm, then hot air, thats moisture in your ac system,
    Is the fix for this as simple as pulling the system down and refilling it? My Marauder does this on occasion. And my son's F250 does it almost all the time now.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

Since you are getting the 024 / 025 DTC's (blend door fault) I'd start there and replace the blend door actuator.

Word to the wise..... get a Motorcraft blend door actuator.

Blend Door Actuator:
    XW7Z-19E616-BA (YH-1766)
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Since you are getting the 024 / 025 DTC's (blend door fault) I'd start there and replace the blend door actuator.

Word to the wise..... get a Motorcraft blend door actuator.

Blend Door Actuator:
    XW7Z-19E616-BA (YH-1766)
    ^^^
    This had no gears on the small one.
    I still needed the EATC, because no power going to the BDA.
    All set now.
    Thanks!

#400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T