Thread: Can i put two more plate screws in the rear plate?

Can i put two more plate screws in the rear plate?

I got some spiff tinted plate bubbles for my vanity plates. But, I noticed
    that in the rear position there are two screws and two rubber bumpers in the lower screw positions. Is it possible for me to remove those bumpers and put in two more screws? My plate/bubble/frame flap around like a bunch of crap whenever I slam the trunk.

I'm wondering if those rubber bumpers behind the lower rear lic plate screw holes are just stuck into actual screw holes.

If I can put screws in there...where can I get lic plate screws like the ones on the upper position?

Johnny

WJSOLOMON Guest

Re: Can i put two more plate screws in the rear plate?

Originally posted by tetsu:I got some spiff tinted plate bubbles for my vanity plates. But, I noticed that in the rear position there are two screws and two rubber bumpers in the lower screw positions. Is it possible for me to remove those bumpers and put in two more screws? My plate/bubble/frame flap around like a bunch of crap whenever I slam the trunk.I'm wondering if those rubber bumpers behind the lower rear lic plate screw holes are just stuck into actual screw holes.If I can put screws in there...where can I get lic plate screws like the ones on the upper position?"..............Johnny

J T - Dealer could probably drill them out and insert those white square Screw Holders. I Ordered some additional Black (Plastic) Bolts & Nuts from CRUISER, and after inserting them through the Smoked Bubble / Black Frame and tightening them down real good, cut off as much of the threads of the Bolt as was possible. Not the Best Fit, as the Top Screws now don't insert as deep, and the bottom Hardware tilts the whole Plate Assembly slightly upwards. I think that I'll have the Dealer change all of the Hardware over to longer Black Screws, and after removing the bottom Rubber Bumper Pads, drill out and insert some additional White Square Plastic Fasteners, with longer Screws. CRUISER supplies the Collar that fits over the Bolts, and Black Caps that fit over the entire assembly.

Good Luck!

Thread Information