Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: that one Procharged build thread *picture heavy updates*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

that one Procharged build thread *picture heavy updates*

updates will be throughout the comments. feel free to ask any questions or leave some constructive criticism/ opinions

ok so, coming from the evo game, you can say purchasing this car is about a 180 degree turn around from what im accustomed.

this is my 1st ford, 1st v8, 1st supercharged car and i LOVE it. bought it not too long ago and spun a rod bearing (#1) so here is my build-

here she is-

one day i turned her on and i hear *CLANKCLWSEJFGHHBNCWO" aftermath-

so out comes the engine!

pretty expensive way to hold the converter in -

so i started to take the engine apart, looks like its ran pig rich for a bit of its life, so much build up everywhere...

much more to come
    Last edited by minimarine09; 05-20-2017 at 07:57 AM.

ok so i bought this teksid longblock from a mark viii for $300 for the future, but i guess now i have to use it sooner rather than later-

broke it down-

some goodies finally came in and **** got instantly real, machine shop time!
    heads- full valve job, deck, cleaned, pressure tested
    block- bored .040 over, decked, cleaned align honed with arp fasteners everywhere

while waiting on the machine shop i did some cleaning and setting up/ ordering parts at home, decided to strip down and paint the valve covers/ coil covers (what a mess! ), the picture makes it look a little dark but its ford blue-

went with wrinkle black for the valve covers, i really like the contrast!

that one Procharged build thread *picture heavy updates*

Looking good! What Procharger are you running?

My F1-A sucked it's own impeller cone in last fall and my will to want to fix or spend money on has simply plummeted.. So imagine a 700 HP toy transformed into a low compression probably 225 hp killjoy and that's where I'm currently at! Still looks and sounds like it's got game, but all pose, no go.. This year at least.

Really cool to have an import guy get hooked. These cars all came factory with some kind of ****ed up addiction that's like crack built in option. And it seems to be easily inhaled to however is close to you as well so warn your friends. Oh, and I'm not kidding..

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Respect to you sir for doing such work on your own. A Marauder is reborn!

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Looking good! What Procharger are you running?

My F1-A sucked it's own impeller cone in last fall and my will to want to fix or spend money on has simply plummeted.. So imagine a 700 HP toy transformed into a low compression probably 225 hp killjoy and that's where I'm currently at! Still looks and sounds like it's got game, but all pose, no go.. This year at least.

Really cool to have an import guy get hooked. These cars all came factory with some kind of ****ed up addiction that's like crack built in option. And it seems to be easily inhaled to however is close to you as well so warn your friends. Oh, and I'm not kidding..

Good luck!

thanks! im using a d1sc perfect for what i want it for. sometimes you just need to sell your body to get your car back up and running, how do you think im paying for all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowndex View Post
    Respect to you sir for doing such work on your own. A Marauder is reborn!
    thanks buddy!

ok so, a number of parts have come in

of course the manley rods and pistons (17cc dish)
    arp head studs/ main studs/ side bolts
    cobra kellog crank
    3.4" pulley for the D1sc (going from a 3.8)
    IW 10% OD crank dampener

(doing the math, i made 10-11psi with the 3.8 pulley going to 3.4"should gain me ~4psi, then the od crank should net me about 3-4 more psi, so im guessing ill be around 18-19psi )

dual improved walbro ford gt pumps
    13-15 shelby gt 500 injectors
    modded fpdm
    snow performance stage 2 meth kit
    on3 coolant crossover delete
    sfi certified flex plate
    egr delete plate
    new oil pump gears
    new oil pressure and boost gauges (didnt like the old ones)
    cometic head gaskets
    and a bunch of misc stuff. plugs, oil, thermostat, ect....

thinking about getting a thump racing tensioner to eliminate any more doubt in my head about belt slip.

also polished up the procharger! AMERICA!!!!!

I feel like i just had a new born... i just dont know what to name it...

painted the kooks headers black

got the block and heads back, started gapping the piston rings gotta love file to fit!.....

short block MOSTLY assembled, i accidentally broke a 2nd compression ring so i had to call total seal to send me another one, ring was only 6 bucks but shipping and handling was like 20 ****in dollars! would have been cheaper to mail them a flat rate box IN a flat rate box so they could mail the ring to me. lol.

(havent painted the block yet in this picture so dont mind the nasty aluminum, its all shiny now)

i also ordered a canton windage tray since i realized a little toolate that i gotthe "non windage tray" main studs. so this new one mounts between the oil pan and the block instead of mounted to the main caps. anyways, so i decided ill throw the head on the side that actually has 4 cans in it, so as of now this is how she sits. coming together though!
    Last edited by minimarine09; 05-20-2017 at 11:43 AM.

ok so, the piston ring finally came in, time to hustle, i gather everything for the last piston, file doen the ring, gapped perfect, assemble the piston, go to take off the rod caps,

ONE OF THE ROD BOLT WAS CROSS THREADED OR OVER TORQUED FROM FACTORY
    at this point im pretty upset at manley for this poor quality control, but it is what it is

i called manely about it right away, and without hesitation or queestions they got the big end and little end measurements from me and got another rod on the way, plus a free shirt so im not too upset anymore, plus there is PLENTY more to do even though im at a stand still with the motor...

i know! i can change my rear end gears (going from 4.30s to 3.73s) why? becuase ~600 hp and 4.30 gears is stupid. your leg would fall off every race from pedaling so much. plus thisis my daily, and im tired of cruising at 3k plus rpm at 70-80 mph. i gotta save gas somehow!

You own/work at a shop in Tampa?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrip View Post
    You own/work at a shop in Tampa?
    im in tampa yes, im a mechanic for Hillsborough County sheriffs office, i get to work on cop cars all night, then i go to school for automotive during the day (where the car/ engine is it now) where my buddy is actually the teacher. its pretty dope, im basically working on my car in a shop for free freshening up to get more ase cirts. all while collecting a gi bill check. its a win win win! only loss is my sleep schedule lol

Quote Originally Posted by minimarine09 View Post
    im in tampa yes, im a mechanic for Hillsborough County sheriffs office, i get to work on cop cars all night, then i go to school for automotive during the day (where the car/ engine is it now) where my buddy is actually the teacher. its pretty dope, im basically working on my car in a shop for free freshening up to get more ase cirts. all while collecting a gi bill check. its a win win win! only loss is my sleep schedule lol
    Sounds like a good deal. Good luck with your build!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrip View Post
    Sounds like a good deal. Good luck with your build!
    thank you very much, once that windage tray and rod gets here its full speed ahead!

anyone know anyone who has a hook up on thump racing tensioners?

Quote Originally Posted by minimarine09 View Post
    ok so, the piston ring finally came in, time to hustle, i gather everything for the last piston, file doen the ring, gapped perfect, assemble the piston, go to take off the rod caps,

ONE OF THE ROD BOLT WAS CROSS THREADED OR OVER TORQUED FROM FACTORY
    at this point im pretty upset at manley for this poor quality control, but it is what it is

i called manely about it right away, and without hesitation or queestions they got the big end and little end measurements from me and got another rod on the way, plus a free shirt so im not too upset anymore, plus there is PLENTY more to do even though im at a stand still with the motor...

i know! i can change my rear end gears (going from 4.30s to 3.73s) why? becuase ~600 hp and 4.30 gears is stupid. your leg would fall off every race from pedaling so much. plus thisis my daily, and im tired of cruising at 3k plus rpm at 70-80 mph. i gotta save gas somehow!

You are not alone. I too like the lower revs at freeway cruising speeds. Our Freeways are 75MPH which means 80mph is slow and will get you run over by an 18 wheeler.

Looks AWESOME, thanks you for sharing, and for your service to our country.
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 05-21-2017 at 06:30 AM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Subscribing...........

'Just Live'

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information