Thread: Gas tank strap studs

Gas tank strap studs

Does anyone happen to know that part number for these studs? Or does anyone happen to have a set laying around that i can buy. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1.1999 P71 stock
    2.2003 Marauder 300A Mods: JLT intake MSD coils SCT livewire TS with custom Mo's tune

Have you removed the nuts yet? If not, it’s all reusable despite what people say

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Have you removed the nuts yet? If not, it’s all reusable despite what people say

I removed the nuts and dropped the tanks and left the studs in place. When I was installing the tank, the stud wasn’t long enough to reach the stud. What was I doing wrong Zack

1.1999 P71 stock
    2.2003 Marauder 300A Mods: JLT intake MSD coils SCT livewire TS with custom Mo's tune

Quote Originally Posted by ARodmarauder View Post
    I removed the nuts and dropped the tanks and left the studs in place. When I was installing the tank, the stud wasn’t long enough to reach the stud. What was I doing wrong Zack

Not pushing up hard enough on the straps

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Not pushing up hard enough on the straps

Yeah me and my buddy tried that even took off the strap and started at the stud and worked out way down and nothing.

1.1999 P71 stock

Thank you massacre just got everything ordered

1.1999 P71 stock

When I did mine I fiddled with it for hours and got nowhere......ordered new studs and never broke the bottom part off....just in case!!

What a PITA and the electrical plug over the tank by the passenger side rear wheel.......UGH!!
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    When I did mine I fiddled with it for hours and got nowhere......ordered new studs and never broke the bottom part off....just in case!!

What a PITA and the electrical plug over the tank by the passenger side rear wheel.......UGH!!

It was quiet easy for me. I took the wheel off and was able to access it pretty easily

1.1999 P71 stock

Cut wires, add weather pack connector.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Drill out the trunk

I drilled out the trunk sheet metal (above the stud) with a hole saw and installed a (long enough) stainless steel bolt to easily connect the strap. Plugged the hole with a expanding rubber plug (as used for freeze plug replacements).

=
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Thread Information