Thread: Svtoa

Lightbulb Svtoa

Hi
    Just thought I'd mention that the SVT owners association web site has added a space for our 03-04 Marauders. It's about time. Just in my Toronto group we have two MM owners.
    http://www.svtownersassociation.com/svtoaforums/

Quote Originally Posted by Canadasvt
    Hi
    Just thought I'd mention that the SVT owners association web site has added a space for our 03-04 Marauders. It's about time. Just in my Toronto group we have two MM owners.

Wonder why they did that, our cars are not SVT vehicles?

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jakdad
    Maybe they now something we dont???

The guy that headed up SVT for many years only wanted Ford Branded Products to have the SVT moniker, hence the reason we never saw a SVT Marauder......
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

Svtoa

Quote Originally Posted by Canadasvt
    Hi

I too am an SVTOA member (used to own a Lightning and SVT Contour). Decided to stay a member even after I no longer owned any SVT vehicles. But one has to (kind of) figure that the Marauder belongs in there somewhere, being the "special vehicle" that it is .

Steve
    2004 Silver Frost Marauder
    2004 Black Crown Vic LX "Sport"

Quote Originally Posted by awsmvic
    I too am an SVTOA member (used to own a Lightning and SVT Contour). Decided to stay a member even after I no longer owned any SVT vehicles. But one has to (kind of) figure that the Marauder belongs in there somewhere, being the "special vehicle" that it is .

Steve
    2004 Silver Frost Marauder
    2004 Black Crown Vic LX "Sport"
    I also own a Lightning, Not an SVTOA member. My point being that SVT didn't build the Marauders so they aren't SVT cars. Don't get me wrong, we love the Marauder but it's not in the same division as our Lightning. Maybe if SVT had built the Marauder, they would have an Eaton on top of the engine!

Arrow Well?

I also own a Lightning, Not an SVTOA member. My point being that SVT didn't build the Marauders so they aren't SVT cars. Don't get me wrong, we love the Marauder but it's not in the same division as our Lightning. Maybe if SVT had built the Marauder, they would have an Eaton on top of the engine!
    The guy who ran SVT at the time (AJ) said "Marauder is a Mercury brand, we don't work on those" And another thing he said was after the Marauder was out for almost a year he said their is nothing wrong with the Marauder that an extra 50 HP could not help. DUH? You think so? Bright guy!

SVT use to own the market at one time now Ford just let it die

What's left???? Oh yeah Mustang Cobra.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

SVTOA is open to all Ford products (Mercury,Jaguar,.......). If you want to see what our Marauder is like on the track next to the Lightning, Cobra, Focus and such, it is a blast to show what you or your car has got. Some of the instructors driving a Sable rental will outperform many SVT drivers at the on-track events.

Well, technically, we arent SVT

Our area is lumped in with Mustang GT's and Mach 1's. We are considered "non SVT Ford Family" members. Still, nice we can join.

I know the SVT chapter in Atlanta has been accepting Marauder owners as members for some time. Todd's a member and his car's picture is on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Carlson
    Our area is lumped in with Mustang GT's and Mach 1's. We are considered "non SVT Ford Family" members. Still, nice we can join.

I know the SVT chapter in Atlanta has been accepting Marauder owners as members for some time. Todd's a member and his car's picture is on their website.
    With SVT you have several things going on. There is SVT which is actually within Ford... the guys who make the cars. SVTOA is a private organization licensed by Ford to be the Owners Association. They get support from Ford but they are not Ford.

SVTOA has long had a policy that offers membership to Ford Product Owners. I don't know if that is because they can't generate enough interest with just SVT Owners... or if having other Ford Owners join might help interest them in an SVT product..... you guys can debate that.

The Arizona SVTOA Chapter is a lot of fun. I am a member based on previous Mustang Cobras.... but wouldn't think of dropping. Besides the friendship etc. one thing an SVTOA Chapter can bring to the party is liability insurance. An SVTOA hosted event with 50% or more participants being SVTOA members... brings a free liability insurance policy. I forget the amount... but it is up there and is helpful when renting tracks etc.
    AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial # 105
    Installed 9/30/2005 - 10/6/2005

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
    Detonator Yellow

1967 Ford Fairlane, 428CJ, 5spd, running dual quads.

Quote Originally Posted by AzMarauder
    With SVT you have several things going on. There is SVT which is actually within Ford... the guys who make the cars. SVTOA is a private organization licensed by Ford to be the Owners Association. They get support from Ford but they are not Ford.

SVTOA has long had a policy that offers membership to Ford Product Owners. I don't know if that is because they can't generate enough interest with just SVT Owners... or if having other Ford Owners join might help interest them in an SVT product..... you guys can debate that.

The Arizona SVTOA Chapter is a lot of fun. I am a member based on previous Mustang Cobras.... but wouldn't think of dropping. Besides the friendship etc. one thing an SVTOA Chapter can bring to the party is liability insurance. An SVTOA hosted event with 50% or more participants being SVTOA members... brings a free liability insurance policy. I forget the amount... but it is up there and is helpful when renting tracks etc.
    That explains a lot of things for me. I thought it was a division of SVT.

2005Marauder Guest
    I've been a member of SVToA and SVToA-Memphis for several years.
    Requirement for SVToA is 'FORD powered'

Thread Information