I bought the car with an inactive VAPS. I've been dealing with it for a while but I recently rebuilt the front suspension and ordered a no name reman rack on ebay (I know.) After changing the rack and putting everything back together I still have no VAPS.

I bought a known good module from a member here and swapped that in with no luck. I googled a VAPS check and found a step by step guide from a Ford tech that verified the rack was getting signal from the module and the module was getting power. I then used our Matco scanner to verify the module was getting input from the optical sensor and the OSS in the trans, which it was. I told the seller of the reman rack I believe it was not operational and they sent another. Instead of getting another alignment I swapped the VAPS solenoid from the second rack onto mine. After topping off the fluid and putting it back together I had VAPS for all of 30 seconds and it was gone again.

Has anyone else had any similar issues before I drop $500 on a Motorcraft reman unit?