Thread: 2004 Marauder

2004 Marauder

'04 Marauder for sale in eastern North Carolina. $3,000obo. I purchased the vehicle in Hawaii, where it was previously used as a police cruiser. It still has some of the wiring for the strobes, although it must have been disconnected, and the bulbs aren't present in the headlights.

Car has about 60,000 miles, I can get exact if someone's interested, but don't feel like heading outside this second. It was in an accident as a police cruiser, rebuilt, and now is registered as a SALVAGE Rebuilt title.

Car has been leveled and lowered. Same size new tires all around, so true rear end ratio is even torqier than a standard 4.10 rear. Dual rockford fostgate amps and aftermarket speakers/stereo with Nav and back up camera. HID healight kit installed. Rear cats deleted, x-pipe installed and raised about 2" giving the underside some much needed ground clearance. Flowmaster Super40's. Sounds really nice. K&N intake.

The good:
    -LOW miles car.
    -It has already been registered under the rebuilt title and has no issues with getting it registered/insured/titled.
    -Rebuilt transmission only a few hundred miles ago.
    -Rebuilt rear end about the same time. Had 4.10 gears installed during rebuild.
    -Tires are nearly brand new all the way around.
    -Interior (seats, headliner, dash) are in great condition.

The bad:
    -Paint has faded. Some areas could be reconditioned, but the hood just started to peel.
    -Passenger front door molding came off.
    -No longer has front or rear Marauder bumpers. I assume that after accident they were replaced with regular Mercury ones.
    -Center dash gauge was removed by the police department, so there isn't one.
    -Has the standard LCM issue. Lights work, but when switching on high beams you only get one headlight on highbeam. If putting on flash to pass, you get no change. I replaced LCM with a refurbished unit that did not work. Installed the HID hoping that would correct. Even though it is a highbeam capable HID unit, you get zero highbeam with them, although they are bright enough that you don't need highbeam at all.
    -There is a short somewhere in the wiring that will occasionally prevent the car from starting. Fuel pump was ruled out by local mechanic. New alternator and battery have been installed. My local mechanic gave up the trouble shooting since he lost a fair number of hours trouble shooting, which makes him no money.

Bottom Line:
    Car has some issues. It has a number a good points for a build for anyone willing to put in some work. If you can spend the time to work the short, you're getting a low mileage engine with rebuilt trans and rear end. I've spent over 5k in trans/rear end rebuild and am just done with dumping money into this car. At this point, I have a diesel 4x4 truck, my wife's Lexus and a Harley, and this thing has got to go to free up some cash and space in my driveway. Make me a reasonable offer, pick it up, and it's yours. If you are interested, I have a ton of extra parts that I'll include if your offer is fair. I have two spare doors, a trunk lid, various suspension components, pair of headlights, rear lights, side markers, aluminum radiator, new police brake pads. I had a previous post about that stuff on this site somewhere.

Hit me up here or on text 760.468.8119. Keep in mind I'm on EST time if you text.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DevilPig; 02-19-2017 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Adding price

Please post an asking price. This is required to post in this For Sale Forum. If you're interested in the highest bidder, eBay is the place.
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

marauder

can u take 2k for it is asking not try low ball

Message sent
    Better look at my car now cause all ur gonna remember is my taillights

woodytxp71
    Shoot me a text. I can't seem to respond to your message.

still for sale

Hi beam issue doesn't sound like LCM. Follow the headlight wiring and you'll see where it may have been cut and interrupted for police wig-wag lights. That will be a free repair for yourself. After they stripped the LEO equipment - they don't care about restoring every compromised connection. The issue will be RIGHT BEHIND the inop side.

As far as your no-start short. Could you be more specific? Does it crank and not start or just not crank? May be a PATS issue. Next time watch the red LED on the dash and see if it flashed rapidly during crank no start.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck with the sale.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

is this vehicle available ??l

I was texting him a week ago, he said he's on some sort of military training. He can't really communicate right now, I believe I may be second in line for the car
    Better look at my car now cause all ur gonna remember is my taillights

lets see what happens when he responds . sounds like a reasonable deal . no big deal one way or the other . I didn't know there was a line .

SOLD. First guy came through. Sorry.

Thread Information